SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi mlbdude,

I have two more questions.

1) Does the code you changed also show the correct cover art in the window that appears in the bottom left corner of the screen? I haven't upgraded to the new version yet (because I have a whole bunch of customizations I have to port each time) but I wanted to ask about that.

2) Would it be possible to show the total duration of the track in that left corner window? I like seeing the elapsed time, but I'd also like to see the total time beneath it or beside it.

Not sure if you saw my post in the other thread, but I figured out whats going on with the DRM'd WMA stuff so there should be a release fixing that soon (less than an hour I would expect).
Old 12-03-2005, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
Hi mlbdude,

I have two more questions.

1) Does the code you changed also show the correct cover art in the window that appears in the bottom left corner of the screen? I haven't upgraded to the new version yet (because I have a whole bunch of customizations I have to port each time) but I wanted to ask about that.

2) Would it be possible to show the total duration of the track in that left corner window? I like seeing the elapsed time, but I'd also like to see the total time beneath it or beside it.

Not sure if you saw my post in the other thread, but I figured out whats going on with the DRM'd WMA stuff so there should be a release fixing that soon (less than an hour I would expect).
#1 It should have done that before. I did add in a new check though, if Sage has not imported a cover I check for a Folder.jpg at the same directory level as the media file.

#2 It would be possible but I am pretty much out of space there. I need to figure out how to use it better.

I saw your DRM post, I am psyched. I have not been able to play those files outside of MCE yet .
Old 12-03-2005, 04:01 PM

New Dev Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
Thanks for all the updates...

With the latest update I have noticed a new problem that was not there before.

When video is in the small little window an the botton left, clicking on that window does not restore it to full screen like it did before. Hopefully it is just something simple or it is me, but when reverting to the last final release the problem went away.

Seems odd that this would pop up when you have been making improvements to the music module...

BTW, did you give any though to my My Movies sugestions from last week?

Thanks for all the work, IMO this stv is the most polished and simple to use for even the nanny!

Thanks Mike
I noticed this too. It is fixed now in the latest dev build. I have not thought about the My Movies suggestions yet. Time is limited .
Old 12-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
#1 It should have done that before. I did add in a new check though, if Sage has not imported a cover I check for a Folder.jpg at the same directory level as the media file.
Is there a way to completely ignore what SageTV has imported? Its always (literally always) wrong right now for me. I'd really rather just skip right to loading the folder.jpg file. (If you can just tell me what menu to edit, I can make the change myself in my personal copy since this might not be something everyone wants.)
Old 12-03-2005, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Is there a way to completely ignore what SageTV has imported? Its always (literally always) wrong right now for me. I'd really rather just skip right to loading the folder.jpg file. (If you can just tell me what menu to edit, I can make the change myself in my personal copy since this might not be something everyone wants.)
Man, that sounds like Sage has really messed up your music library . Technically Sage will import the folder.jpg for you if it does not find it embedded in the file, but you must have more serious issues.

As a test, did you delete your wiz.bin and import your music again? All the bad data is in there. But you would loose items like favorites.

Attached is an image of the area that need to be changed to just use folder.jpg. I just noticed that I have a lower case "f" so you might want to be carefull of that or change it. I think the standard is "Folder.jpg".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Studio-Album-Art.JPG (77.5 KB, 245 views)
Old 12-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
As a test, did you delete your wiz.bin and import your music again? All the bad data is in there. But you would loose items like favorites.
I'm actually a little afraid to delete my wiz.bin file. I've heard of really bad things happening to people who do that. When you say that I'll lose my favorites, do you mean the "record this every time its on" (definition of the favorite) or do you mean the video files themselves will be removed from the library (or, worse, deleted).

I'm really not sure what is at fault regarding my library. There are two issues; files are completely missing from the library even though other files in the same directory are present and short of changing the filename for a given file in the library there seems to be no way to make SageTV recognize that I want the file analyzed again (the album art is wrong because my tracks all belonged to a single album when I first imported the library; corrected the tag issue, but SageTV won't rebuild the library).

Quote:
Attached is an image of the area that need to be changed to just use folder.jpg. I just noticed that I have a lower case "f" so you might want to be carefull of that or change it. I think the standard is "Folder.jpg".
I'll take a look at that, thanks for posting it.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

I'm still having problems getting the Winamp plugin to work, at least, the visualization part of it.

I know it's now using Winamp to play the songs, because I have a VFD that is monitoring Winamp for song information, and it's now showing up.

However, I found one thing that I forgot, which was this:

mlbdude/use_winamp_plugin=true

I set that, but now when I go to Visualize, it flashes what looks like Winamp on the screen, but it goes away instantly, and returns back to the "Now Playing" screen.

I'm using version 1.4 of the plugin, and the latest (as of now) STV file. FSE is turned off, 3D accel is turned on.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I'm still having problems getting the Winamp plugin to work, at least, the visualization part of it.

I know it's now using Winamp to play the songs, because I have a VFD that is monitoring Winamp for song information, and it's now showing up.

However, I found one thing that I forgot, which was this:

mlbdude/use_winamp_plugin=true

I set that, but now when I go to Visualize, it flashes what looks like Winamp on the screen, but it goes away instantly, and returns back to the "Now Playing" screen.

I'm using version 1.4 of the plugin, and the latest (as of now) STV file. FSE is turned off, 3D accel is turned on.
I configured the Winamp visualization to use Fake Fullscreen mode. Try that. Sounds like all is working on the STV side though.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I have not thought about the My Movies suggestions yet. Time is limited .
Cool- I figure you have bigger fish to fry...

I have been messing aronnd with the visualizations and noticed a few things.

I like the new visulazation you made and will wind up using it if I have to stick in FSE mode.

While I like them, when using the winAMP visualizations after 5-6 min or so, your visualizations take over. I have it set up in the the properties to use winamp and not to use the alternative ones (I forget the actual property names). Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike
Old 12-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

mlbdude:

You're PM box is full.

You mentioned you were having the same spinning icon issue as gplasky. Do you use the SageTV client or the server?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
Cool- I figure you have bigger fish to fry...

I have been messing aronnd with the visualizations and noticed a few things.

I like the new visulazation you made and will wind up using it if I have to stick in FSE mode.

While I like them, when using the winAMP visualizations after 5-6 min or so, your visualizations take over. I have it set up in the the properties to use winamp and not to use the alternative ones (I forget the actual property names). Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike
Sounds like your SageTV screen saver is kicking in (this new visualization also runs in place of the screensaver if music is playing). I wonder how Deria is handeling this?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:31 AM

Quote:
mlbdude:

You're PM box is full.

You mentioned you were having the same spinning icon issue as gplasky. Do you use the SageTV client or the server?
I am using Server.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Sounds like your SageTV screen saver is kicking in (this new visualization also runs in place of the screensaver if music is playing). I wonder how Deria is handeling this?
I don't handle it. The MediaPlayer is not in a position to alter the UI of SageTV at all -- it can't open screens, change attributes, or do anything like that. I think the only way to properly handle this would be to have the screensaver check if SageTV were the top application and only activate if it was.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

mlbdude:

I sent you an email with a new .class that I'm hoping you can try. It may solve the problem you've been experiencing.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

mlbdude:

Sent you a third class to try which I think will work for you.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yet another version sent.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:23 AM
Sage Expert

I have a couple of newbie questions as I am just trying this STV for the first time on a Sage system for a weekend home. Frankly, I am not sure why it took me so long. What a beautiful stv! So I just spent an hour and a half skimming through this thread and the wiki but, if I am asking something that already been answered, I am very sorry as these eyes aren't what they used to be.

Quote:
It should group them and for the description on the bottom it will tell you how many are in the group and list their episode names. Then you click the title to take you to the group list and choose a particular episode from there.
Is there a way to group by title and display by "most recent first" for recorded TV? So groups that have items which has been recorded recently are listed at the top?

Is there a way to filter the guide via a channel list so I can exclude channels I never watch?

Is there an easy way to change the font color for the guide? The back text on the blue two background is kind of unclear. The white text color shows up much better.

Does this STV support any kind of text format for file data? Specifically I am toying with the idea of converting my Meedio library into .my files for use with the video browser.

How do you use the mygames menu item? Is there a way to filter out items that appear there by extension or directory? Is it possible to use the external player features of this STV to launch emulators based on extension?

Thanks!

Last edited by silkshadow; 12-05-2005 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow
I have a couple of newbie questions as I am just trying this STV for the first time on a Sage system for a weekend home. Frankly, I am not sure why it took me so long. What a beautiful stv! So I just spent an hour and a half skimming through this thread and the wiki but, if I am asking something that already been answered, I am very sorry as these eyes aren't what they used to be.

Is there a way to group by title and display by "most recent first" for recorded TV? So groups that have items which has been recorded recently are listed at the top?

Is there a way to filter the guide via a channel list so I can exclude channels I never watch?

Is there an easy way to change the font color for the guide? The back text on the blue two background is kind of unclear. The white text color shows up much better.

Does this STV support any kind of text format for file data? Specifically I am toying with the idea of converting my Meedio library into .my files for use with the video browser.

How do you use the mygames menu item? Is there a way to filter out items that appear there by extension or directory? Is it possible to use the external player features of this STV to launch emulators based on extension?

Thanks!
Groups should already be displayed as most recent recorded to oldest. I will verify.

You cannot exclude channels in the EPG.

Font color should be stored in the properties file. I will verify.

SageMC heavily supports DVDProfiler data. Check out the My Videos Wiki.

I don't use the My Games menu myself. I is pretty much whatever Sage created.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Sage User

Could someone point me to a post/wiki/manual that explains more in depth (than I've been able to find) about setting up:

offline dvd catalogging with WITH CATALOG (DVD) NUMBERS hopfully using IMDB for movie info from within SageMCE

I've search read and cant find enough info on my own.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 12-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordgasm
Could someone point me to a post/wiki/manual that explains more in depth (than I've been able to find) about setting up:

offline dvd catalogging with WITH CATALOG (DVD) NUMBERS hopfully using IMDB for movie info from within SageMCE

I've search read and cant find enough info on my own.

Thanks

Jeff
You can use offline DVD's inside of SageMCE (gets movie information using DVD Profiler--IMDB? Not sure if that's how DVD Profiler gets it's information or not...), but AFAIK, it does not provide catalog numbers. I would think this would be an easy thing to add, maybe, since DVD Profiler allows you to assign a number to each DVD added, but I don't know if this is exported in the XML file that SageMCE uses. Probably so.