SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
Can you, or someone, add something to the FAQ page under "General" about the "left"/"back" thing? That seems to come up very often.
What exactly are you wanting to have added? Do you mean that most people have not bound a button on their remote to "back" or they haven't set up their left button on the remote to be bound to "back"?

I've always had the button labeled "Prev" set to "back", but I'm thinking of changing "back" to be left instead, so I can use that "Prev" button for previous channel instead...
Old 12-07-2005, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
What exactly are you wanting to have added? Do you mean that most people have not bound a button on their remote to "back" or they haven't set up their left button on the remote to be bound to "back"?

I've always had the button labeled "Prev" set to "back", but I'm thinking of changing "back" to be left instead, so I can use that "Prev" button for previous channel instead...
Just be aware that there are some menu's where a Left command coule never work. The Guide is a good example of this. You would have to use Home or something to get out of it.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, that is right. I guess I should just use another button, maybe an LCD button for Previous channel...
Old 12-07-2005, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that is right. I guess I should just use another button, maybe an LCD button for Previous channel...
Or you could wait till the next dev build and the Select command will do it for you just like in MCE .

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I have it installed, but don't use it that often. I like to have free space on my drives, unlike some others have mentoned here (at first, I didn't realize what mlb was saying when he said his drives are always full, now I do).
What is the extra space for?

Old 12-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Or you could wait till the next dev build and the Select command will do it for you just like in MCE .
So you mean, "OK" on my remote will take me to the previous channel when in "Live TV" mode?
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What is the extra space for?
Peace of mind.

As much as I don't really need all those old episodes of MacGyver that I haven't watched yet, I still don't want Sage deleting them on it's own.

Why would you record a show if you weren't going to watch it? Or do you just never delete any shows, including shows you've watched, and just let SageTV take care of deleting them?
Old 12-07-2005, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Peace of mind.

As much as I don't really need all those old episodes of MacGyver that I haven't watched yet, I still don't want Sage deleting them on it's own.

Why would you record a show if you weren't going to watch it? Or do you just never delete any shows, including shows you've watched, and just let SageTV take care of deleting them?
If it is a show I never want Sage to delete I setup the Series recording that way. Otherwise, if space is needed for a new recording I want the old one gone. I will sometimes delete shows but not all the time and usually let Sage do it. But I have IR enabled so as soon as some space is available it gets filled anyway. That is why the Recording Information screen is better for me since I can see what is going to be deleted next and in what order. If I see soemthing I want to keep I mark it as such.

I have enough space dedicated to Sage I have to for a few weeks of recordings that need to build up before it starts to delete. Which it does as I never seem to be able to keep up with the amount of TV I record. At least there is always a bunch of stuff to choose from .

Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 AM

Quote:
So you mean, "OK" on my remote will take me to the previous channel when in "Live TV" mode?
Yes, if there is no OSD shown that uses the Select command, Select will now take you to a previous channel if there is one and if you are wathing TV.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Sage Icon

All very good points. I guess I have never seen this Recording Information screen you are talking about.

I may give this a shot, and see how it turns out. I need to go into all my series settings though, and make sure the shows I want to keep are marked as such.

That is true, you're probably working more on this STV, than watching TV, and that, I thank you!

It would be nice to have more shows to choose from, because sometimes during the week, we end up with nothing to watch, and who want's to watch "Live TV?"
Old 12-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, if there is no OSD shown that uses the Select command, Select will now take you to a previous channel if there is one and if you are wathing TV.
Sweet. That is a great feature. Thanks for making that happen. My Step-dad was here over Thanksgiving, and that was the only thing he mentioned...of course, he is a sports person, so he was flipping back and forth between games...I never run into that problem, myself...
Old 12-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Sage Expert

Conflicts!

I have just set a bunch of stuff to record and realised that there must be some conflicts going on somewhere - which there are (3 x channels to record, but I only have 2 pvr 250's)

The problem is that I don't see any info about the conflicts anywhere. Even if I go into 'Schedule' and toggle on the 'all/conflicts' option.

Any ideas?
Old 12-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Peace of mind.

You can always "send" them to archive, (not that they go anywhere!) They get a little padlock icon by them so you know they are locked so they never get deleted

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 12-07-2005, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Conflicts!

I have just set a bunch of stuff to record and realised that there must be some conflicts going on somewhere - which there are (3 x channels to record, but I only have 2 pvr 250's)

The problem is that I don't see any info about the conflicts anywhere. Even if I go into 'Schedule' and toggle on the 'all/conflicts' option.

Any ideas?
What is your schedule look ahead in Sage set to? If you have no idea what I am talking about it is probably 3 days. Sage is only showing you conflicts for that time period.

In the Schedule you can show all or only show conflicts. From here you can see exatly what will not be recorded and what will be recorded in its place. You can manage the conflict for one of the items that is not going to record by selecting it.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Sage Expert

The conflicts would be occurring this evening.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
The conflicts would be occurring this evening.
are they conflicts with favorites? If yes, I believe it isn't really a conflict if one is ranked higher than the other.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 12-07-2005, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
are they conflicts with favorites? If yes, I believe it isn't really a conflict if one is ranked higher than the other.
The recordings that will not record should still be showing up. I will try and recreate when I get home.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:02 PM

If it is for a favorite, did Sage find it to record again later in the week?

Old 12-07-2005, 04:42 PM

New Dev Build

Bug fixes. Added Select as Previous Channel in full screen TV. Changed animation style for menu's. Not sure if I am going to keep it.

FYI Previous Channel right now lets you jump between media types (if you are watching a DVD and then watch TV previous channel sends you back to the DVD). I may limit this to only activate if the current file is a TV file. Not sure yet.

Old 12-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cool! Where can we download the latest version? I don't see it in the thread, wiki, or download area.
Sage v7.0.16, Win7 Ultimate, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, AMD X2 3800+ Dual Core, 2GB PC3200, 2 x HD-PVR, 2 x Motorola DCT6200, HDHomeRun w/ QAM, USB-UIRT, Seagate 250GB PATA (system), WD 2TB (recordings), Gigabyte 6600GT fanless, HD300 extender