SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g808
Cool! Where can we download the latest version? I don't see it in the thread, wiki, or download area.
It is listed in the first post and the Wiki in the Installation section. Or you can just do to the SageTV Downloads section and get it.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

More quextions

I am loving this STV......

1) Is there a way to make "My Menu" the first and only menu that comes up when you first open the app?

2) When I use the mymusic files menu item it wont go down further than the second level of the folder structure on my client... it goes down as many levels as there are on the server... any ideas on why this is happening?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
I am loving this STV......

1) Is there a way to make "My Menu" the first and only menu that comes up when you first open the app?

2) When I use the mymusic files menu item it wont go down further than the second level of the folder structure on my client... it goes down as many levels as there are on the server... any ideas on why this is happening?
#1 Check the properties section in the Wiki for how to make My Menu the Main Menu. Just keep in mind you loose all the UI features of the Main Menu.

#2 Not so sure. It uses the raw filesystem for browsing files. Can the client see the files the same as the server?

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
It is listed in the first post and the Wiki in the Installation section. Or you can just do to the SageTV Downloads section and get it.
Oops, I see this is a new "dev build". Gues I need to download it here?
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/downloa...id=37&act=down
Sage v7.0.16, Win7 Ultimate, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, AMD X2 3800+ Dual Core, 2GB PC3200, 2 x HD-PVR, 2 x Motorola DCT6200, HDHomeRun w/ QAM, USB-UIRT, Seagate 250GB PATA (system), WD 2TB (recordings), Gigabyte 6600GT fanless, HD300 extender
Old 12-07-2005, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g808
Oops, I see this is a new "dev build". Gues I need to download it here?
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/downloa...id=37&act=down
Yeah you can get it from there.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Sage Expert

I've been playing with this STV for a couple days now and I believe it has rekindeled my initial love of Sage again. However, I am stumped on this:

Quote:
Groups should already be displayed as most recent recorded to oldest. I will verify.
I know it is my inability but I just can't figure this out. I can't get the recorded TV to group by title and list by newest first (putting groups with recent recordings on top). I tried this STV on my original Sage (which is using Meekel) to see if it was some kind of bug with the new box. I got the same behavior. Just to make sure I am not crazy, I tried it on my other SageTV box (I now have three) and got the same behavior. I know I am an idiot and missing something obvious, can anyone help point it out to me?

To change the font color for the EPG, I started playing with studio (great incentive to finally put some time to it) but I was bewildered. This STV is not at all like the default one, is it? Any clues as to where in studio I could go to change the font color for the EPG to white or some other light color?

I only have one request for a future version and its very minor. That would be just to add the date to the main menu as well as the time. Otherwise, it is near perfect!

Thank you!
Old 12-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

My menu option doesn't appear

Hopefully this hasn't already been answered. I tried searching without seeing anything useful.

I have installed SageMC and the most recent development release as of this weekend. I had used this STV in version 3 beta, but only purchased version 4 recently and set things up. I did have to remove the existing installation information and start fresh. I did not see My Weather, currently do not see My menu, or my music files. I did a quick search to see if these menu items can be turned on from .properites file-- which is where I found a way to turn on weather. I didn't see the option for the other two, but I'm sure I just overlooked them.

Question is: how do I turn on my menu? which if I understand correctly will allow me to turn on/off other menu items.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Sage Icon

You need to use the Sage command "Options" when in the main menu. You should have it bound to some button on your remote, or else, use a keyboard command that does the same thing. This will popup a menu that allows you to enable/disable main menu items.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
are they conflicts with favorites? If yes, I believe it isn't really a conflict if one is ranked higher than the other.
There was a combination of favorites and manual records going on.

Quote:
If it is for a favorite, did Sage find it to record again later in the week?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. I actually manually resolved the conflicts in the guide as I didn't want to miss certain programs last night. I shall have a look at it today and test various configurations of conflicts (all manual records, all favs, manual/favs etc.)
Old 12-08-2005, 02:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Quote:
If it is for a favorite, did Sage find it to record again later in the week?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this.
As part of the core's process of resolving conflicts, it will try to record a later airing of the same show, if possible, when recording the later airing will allow more shows to be recorded. So, there may be no conflict listed for a show because SageTV was able to schedule it to record later on. Such conflict resolutions can look past the 3-day scheduler lookahead.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Changed animation style for menu's. Not sure if I am going to keep it.
I didn't see any change here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
As part of the core's process of resolving conflicts, it will try to record a later airing of the same show, if possible, when recording the later airing will allow more shows to be recorded. So, there may be no conflict listed for a show because SageTV was able to schedule it to record later on. Such conflict resolutions can look past the 3-day scheduler lookahead.

- Andy
This could well have been the case!! Clever old Sage

I just tried a whole bunch of conflict tests and they all seemed to work fine. I'll have to try something that can be recorded later in the week to see if that was what was happening.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow
I've been playing with this STV for a couple days now and I believe it has rekindeled my initial love of Sage again. However, I am stumped on this:

I know it is my inability but I just can't figure this out. I can't get the recorded TV to group by title and list by newest first (putting groups with recent recordings on top). I tried this STV on my original Sage (which is using Meekel) to see if it was some kind of bug with the new box. I got the same behavior. Just to make sure I am not crazy, I tried it on my other SageTV box (I now have three) and got the same behavior. I know I am an idiot and missing something obvious, can anyone help point it out to me?

To change the font color for the EPG, I started playing with studio (great incentive to finally put some time to it) but I was bewildered. This STV is not at all like the default one, is it? Any clues as to where in studio I could go to change the font color for the EPG to white or some other light color?

I only have one request for a future version and its very minor. That would be just to add the date to the main menu as well as the time. Otherwise, it is near perfect!

Thank you!
I see what you are asking now. No, this STV will alwasy shows Sort By Ttitle sorted by title. Ordering by date only occurs in Sort By Date or in the shows within the group.

I just added new properties to the font colors for the EPG so the next dev build you can just edit the properties file.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119
Hopefully this hasn't already been answered. I tried searching without seeing anything useful.

I have installed SageMC and the most recent development release as of this weekend. I had used this STV in version 3 beta, but only purchased version 4 recently and set things up. I did have to remove the existing installation information and start fresh. I did not see My Weather, currently do not see My menu, or my music files. I did a quick search to see if these menu items can be turned on from .properites file-- which is where I found a way to turn on weather. I didn't see the option for the other two, but I'm sure I just overlooked them.

Question is: how do I turn on my menu? which if I understand correctly will allow me to turn on/off other menu items.

Thanks
Check out the SageMC Wiki for answers to this and other info you might find usefull in the Main Menu section.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I didn't see any change here?

This could well have been the case!! Clever old Sage

I just tried a whole bunch of conflict tests and they all seemed to work fine. I'll have to try something that can be recorded later in the week to see if that was what was happening.

I also verified conflicts and they do seem to be working fine. If you have animations turned on and are not watching anything and have VMR9 enabled you should get the new animations at each menu. In fact, there is a little bug in the latest dev that should prevent them from NOT running.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, if there is no OSD shown that uses the Select command, Select will now take you to a previous channel if there is one and if you are wathing TV.
Wow, this is an awesome feature. I used it this morning, when deciding if I should try and go to work today because of the weather.

One thing though. After a show is over on the "previous" channel, it doesn't remember what channel it was on.

As an example, saying I'm watching two shows that end in 5 minutes. I've been switching back and forth between #1 and #2, but am currently on show #2. 10 minutes goes by, and now #2 has changed to another show (as well as #1). Now when I hit select, it just keeps me on #2, not remembering about #1 (even though it's a different show, but same channel).
Old 12-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I also verified conflicts and they do seem to be working fine. If you have animations turned on and are not watching anything and have VMR9 enabled you should get the new animations at each menu. In fact, there is a little bug in the latest dev that should prevent them from NOT running.
Spotted the animations! I need to open my eyes more
Old 12-08-2005, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Wow, this is an awesome feature. I used it this morning, when deciding if I should try and go to work today because of the weather.

One thing though. After a show is over on the "previous" channel, it doesn't remember what channel it was on.

As an example, saying I'm watching two shows that end in 5 minutes. I've been switching back and forth between #1 and #2, but am currently on show #2. 10 minutes goes by, and now #2 has changed to another show (as well as #1). Now when I hit select, it just keeps me on #2, not remembering about #1 (even though it's a different show, but same channel).
That is just the behavior of the command. This would be a Sage core issue.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That is just the behavior of the command. This would be a Sage core issue.
Darn...Oh, well.

BTW, I like the new animations, at least, I think they are new...
Old 12-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Darn...Oh, well.

BTW, I like the new animations, at least, I think they are new...
They are new. I think they are better but not sure yet . For the previous channel, I have heard it mentioned that it is more a previous media command. I would have to agree.

Old 12-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Normally, it is essentially a 'previous media' command, but there was a change to the Previous Channel command back in some v3 beta to get it to handle live TV differently -- if the previous airing is over, it is supposed to continue to the next show on that channel. I don't watch live TV, so I never tried it... just commenting on what it is supposed to be doing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.