SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoman
When playing a DVD, if I hit select on any of the menus it will take me to my previous task i.e. watching TV or listening to music. I guess this is because sage does not show an OSD, any Ideas how I get around this?
Hey... I just noticed this too! While watching a DVD movie with the kids (Sky High...) we hit select on the DVD Root menu for 'Play Movie'... unfortunately, it went right to the TV show that was being recorded at the time... Did it two more times (I'm a glutton for punishment and I could not beleive that it was doing it...).

When I reverted to an older SageTV3.stv everything worked 'fine' (albeit uglier'... Sorry Opus).

-Jason
Old 12-10-2005, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Hey... I just noticed this too! While watching a DVD movie with the kids (Sky High...) we hit select on the DVD Root menu for 'Play Movie'... unfortunately, it went right to the TV show that was being recorded at the time... Did it two more times (I'm a glutton for punishment and I could not beleive that it was doing it...).

When I reverted to an older SageTV3.stv everything worked 'fine' (albeit uglier'... Sorry Opus).

-Jason
That is a new feature added to the last dev build. It will do it while a DVD is playing but it is a bug that it does it while in the DVD menus. I am also considering changing it to onlywork on TV type files since Sage can't remember position on non TV files.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-10-2005, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
can someone verify that this command works:

mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg

I tried adding my .cdg file to use zoomplayer and it doesn't launch zoomplayer. If I just do:

mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=*

it will then work..

I actuallly tried .avi and that also doesn't launch zoomplayer.. I have the newest developer build

thanks
Yes that still works fine. What command are you using to launch ZoomPlayer?

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-10-2005, 08:44 AM

New Dev Build

Bug Fixes.

Added some new properties:
mlbdude/guide_black_text=0x000000
mlbdude/guide_white_text=0xFFFFFF
mlbdude/offline_message=Please insert the DVD to play this video.
mlbdude/use_select_as_previous=true (this one will completely disable the Select command as Previous Media in OSD)

Changed the Select command to only do Previous Media if it is a TV file. Sage will still go back to a non TV file though if you came from one to a TV file. We need to see if we can get Sage to fix this to be a real Previous Channel command.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:18 AM

New Dev Build

Screen saver is now temp disabled when in the Winamp visualization.
Volume and Next / Prev track now works in Winamp visualization.
Fixed issue with screensaver on sleep users get the new music viz.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jeff
Great to hear. Thanks for the update.

Speaking of the DVD....

Does anyone know the command line for ZoomPlayer to use as the command line to start ZP when you hit Play DVD?? Ideally it would start in full screen, start in DVD mode and play the DVD...

Thanks,
Jeff
Not sure how far you got on this. There is a sample cmd line in the Wiki here:
http://www.sage-community.org/index....i/SageMC169FAQ

You can modify as seen here: http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/parameters.shtml

Last edited by mlbdude; 12-10-2005 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Sage User

I can’t believe the speed in which you work mlbdude, as soon as there is the slightest little bug you get it squashed do you ever sleep? Thank you.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
You can use offline DVD's inside of SageMCE (gets movie information using DVD Profiler--IMDB? Not sure if that's how DVD Profiler gets it's information or not...), but AFAIK, it does not provide catalog numbers. I would think this would be an easy thing to add, maybe, since DVD Profiler allows you to assign a number to each DVD added, but I don't know if this is exported in the XML file that SageMCE uses. Probably so.
Would anyone know how to go about this and generate an overlay that inserts a "catalog number" from the DVDProfiler Database and generate an overlay if a movie isnt online? (ala MyMovies/PlayMe/XLobby?)

I recently moved across the country and threw all my dvd covers away and put all the disc's in sleeve type holders, so I'm "up a creek without catalog numbering for offline movies.

Tired of the server/client limitations of MCE and this cataloging "deal" is the only thing holding me back from making the total jump from MCE.

IT WOULD BE REALLY SWEET! if there could just be an internal numbering system within SageMC since the IMDB works so easily from within the program.!
But I'm probably just dreaming on this one!

Thanks for listening!

Jeff

Last edited by wordgasm; 12-10-2005 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Sage User

Could someone tell me how to change the text on the Main Menu? Specifically I am looking to change the text "My Menu"

Thanks
Old 12-10-2005, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgarrett
Could someone tell me how to change the text on the Main Menu? Specifically I am looking to change the text "My Menu"

Thanks
You will need to use Studio for that. You can open up Studio and search for it.

Old 12-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Sage Expert

Thank you MLBdude!! Guide text color properties work great. I am running into a small problem. I followed the wiki on using the my plugins menu. Deria's system monitor plugin works great. However, deria's weather plugin is giving me an error:

Error:Unknown Internal Screen
"Weather Monitor Plugin - deria"

I am positive the problem is my naming of the screen. My properties entry looks like this:

mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Author=Deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Description=Whats the weather?
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Menu=Weather Monitor Plugin - deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Title=The Weather

Originally I was getting the same error for the system monitor plugin till I deleted a space after the word deria for the screen name. However, I have tried all the spacing for the weather module and it still returns the same error. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

I also have another question, is there anyway to setup more views for the my music section? Right now the options are artist, genre and album. Is there anyway to add mood, situation, and star rating (does Sage import any of those tags?)? Thanks!

Last edited by silkshadow; 12-10-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Sage Icon

I have the following, and it works for me.

mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Description=The Weather plugin is an enhanced weather module for SageTV
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Title=Weather Monitor

Not sure why it shouldn't work for you. I think the only thing that matters is "Menu", if I remember correctly.

Do you have Microsoft .NET 1.1 installed?
Old 12-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I have the following, and it works for me.

mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Description=The Weather plugin is an enhanced weather module for SageTV
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Title=Weather Monitor

Not sure why it shouldn't work for you. I think the only thing that matters is "Menu", if I remember correctly.

Do you have Microsoft .NET 1.1 installed?
Actually, one of the SageMC builds I downloaded was actually missing the menu once. Press Control+Shift+F12 and see if there is a menu named "Weather Monitor Plugin - deria" in your .stv file. If there is, perhaps your Sage.properties and SageClient.properties have an issue. mlbdude would know better though.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks guys! I have the newest STV 12/10 but you are right on the moeny Deria, there is no Weather Monitor screen. That would explain the error . Its no big thing at all, I can definately wait till the next dev build. Given how amazingly incredibe MLBdude is, that will probably be pretty soon.

Ok, I have one last question (for today anyway ). This is going to sound extremely stupid, but how do you play a normal audio CD?

Thanks again!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm totally in love with this stv so please don't take this as criticism.

I have couple of odd scenarios I'd like to get to the bottom of.

Occasionally I lose the function of either the up or the down button when navigating the miniguide that is overlaid on live tv.

Just now for instance I was able to press down to navigate though the channels but not up to navigate back through previous channels. I'm pretty sure in the past I've had the same problem except in reverse. Someimes I lose the ability to press ok / enter as well. The lack of response happens with both remote and key presses.

If I restart sage everything works fine again.

Also, sometimes I lose either the text or button layer in the guide or one of the menus. Again, a restart makes everything work fine again.

Are these known issues or particular to my setup ? I'm new to sage so I don't know if this is stv dependent or applies to across the board.

Last edited by Alfiegerner; 12-12-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
I'm totally in love with this stv so please don't take this as criticism.

I have couple of odd scenarios I'd like to get to the bottom of.

Occasionally I lose the function of either the up or the down button when navigating the miniguide that is overlaid on live tv.
I have seen that one myself. But pretty sure I only see it when using my MVP.
Sometimes I can't change channels by entering the channel number while watching live tv either. Have to go to the program guide to do it.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Client offline DVD

I am using the Offline DVD for the server and it is working great. When I hit the play button I get a message to put in the DVD. On the client machine, when I hit the play button for an offline DVD, I get the spinning Sage icon, and it just hangs. Do I need to add anything else to the client to get the message.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
I am using the Offline DVD for the server and it is working great. When I hit the play button I get a message to put in the DVD. On the client machine, when I hit the play button for an offline DVD, I get the spinning Sage icon, and it just hangs. Do I need to add anything else to the client to get the message.
Yes, the client must see the offline folder exactly like the server. So whatever you have set for your offline root needs to be visible the same way on the client.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Yes, the client must see the offline folder exactly like the server. So whatever you have set for your offline root needs to be visible the same way on the client.
Thanks mlbdude, It works great. Is there anyway to keep the client from seeing the offline DVD's. I want to use the regular stv for this machine. My kids are use to using the keyboard and it is easier for them.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
Thanks mlbdude, It works great. Is there anyway to keep the client from seeing the offline DVD's. I want to use the regular stv for this machine. My kids are use to using the keyboard and it is easier for them.
I just had to take it out of the import directory on the client. Thanks