SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Sage User

Just an update. Got my DVD and ZP working properly within sagemc and the command lines...

The playing of the MP3's that didn't work within Sage is solved also. I used the Winamp plugin and it worked like a charmer..

Offline DVD works great too...

Thanks all for your help.

Jeff
Old 12-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry if this is obvious ....

Do I need to do anything extra to make imdb lookups work? At the moment iget an "imdb failed: null" message every time I try and use it.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Sage Icon

I have just recently watched a show while it was being recorded, and I'm using DM and SA. I have recently noticed that the STV does not seem to be reloading the TXT file that contains the location of commercials (the TXT file is there, but I don't see the commercials). Was this something that accidentally got left out or something?

Anyone else verify this?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I have just recently watched a show while it was being recorded, and I'm using DM and SA. I have recently noticed that the STV does not seem to be reloading the TXT file that contains the location of commercials (the TXT file is there, but I don't see the commercials). Was this something that accidentally got left out or something?

Anyone else verify this?
(Hate it when I quote myself.)

Anyway, not only does it not update, but for some reason, it didn't pull the commercial marks in at all, even on the first load. That is strange, because already 30 minutes of an hour long show had gone by, so I know there were at least 2 commercial breaks in there. I don't understand why it wouldn't work in this case, versus loading a show that is already finished recording, since the TXT file was already there.

I'm guessing that more testing is needed. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to provide more insight.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

colon:

@mlbdude

a while ago you gave me the answer to this question:

Quote:
@mlbdude

I think that this is part of the SageTV core and is therefore something that you can't control (but I'll ask anyway just in case).

However is it possible to restrict a Keywords series record specification to a show's title?

I use xmltv and the source often changes how it refers to programs. For example the third series of The Apprentice can be referred to as:
The Apprentice S3
The Apprentice III
The Apprentice 3
etc

I want to be able to tell Sage to record anything with "Apprentice" in the title but ignore it with the word in the description (the real killer is "ER").

As always huge thanks for SageMC - without it Sage wouldn't be my PVR of choice.

BTW Sage has confirmed that the problem with recovering Genres from WMA files is a bug in the SageTV core. It has been fixed and will be rolled in the next maintenance release.

Cheers

Eric
use "TITLE:" ahead of the keyword.

But SageMC doesn't have a colon ( : ) on the onscreen keyboard. Any chance that it could have one please for those of use running Sage just by remote control?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
(Hate it when I quote myself.)

Anyway, not only does it not update, but for some reason, it didn't pull the commercial marks in at all, even on the first load. That is strange, because already 30 minutes of an hour long show had gone by, so I know there were at least 2 commercial breaks in there. I don't understand why it wouldn't work in this case, versus loading a show that is already finished recording, since the TXT file was already there.

I'm guessing that more testing is needed. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to provide more insight.
(Quoting myself again...)

Nevermind. I think. I tested this out a couple of times tonight, and everything seems to be working. Probably just a glitch or something on my end.

Now if I could figure out why Sage just randomly crashes (exits without warning while watching LiveTV). Windows acts like it never noticed it, because it doesn't try and sent an error report...
Old 12-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Now if I could figure out why Sage just randomly crashes (exits without warning while watching LiveTV). Windows acts like it never noticed it, because it doesn't try and sent an error report...
You can now add a property to tell SageTV to create a log file, which you could send to tech support to see if there are any answers in it. Set debug_logging=TRUE (exactly as it appears, including CAPS) in sage.properties or in sageclient.properties if using a client or service mode.

They may ask that you try it with a default STV setup for ease of checking the log. If you can reproduce it easily, just watch some live TV until it happens.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
You can now add a property to tell SageTV to create a log file, which you could send to tech support to see if there are any answers in it. Set debug_logging=TRUE (exactly as it appears, including CAPS) in sage.properties or in sageclient.properties if using a client or service mode.

They may ask that you try it with a default STV setup for ease of checking the log. If you can reproduce it easily, just watch some live TV until it happens.

- Andy
Thank you. Strange though, it's only happened three times, in the last month or two.

I was using 4.0.0 though, and didn't realize there was a newer version, 4.1.3, so I just installed that tonight, but not sure there is any fixes for what I was having happen. If it happens again, I'll use the logging. I'm very familiar with using it. That is how I figured out why my M3U playlists were not getting imported (doesn't like odd characters in the names of files).
Old 12-17-2005, 07:08 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Oh sure... try and make fun of me in a new thread... I see how it goes...

-Jason
Old 12-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason

-Jason
If that's in response to the "all caps" text, then I feel your pain. When I first started using it, I had it as "true" and for 3 days, kept telling the guy that was trying to help me, that it wasn't reporting. He finally figured it out for me...
Old 12-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Sage Icon

mlbdude.

What is your idea for storing images used in the Wiki? I could store them on my domain, but didn't know if you wanted them in a central location or not?
Old 12-17-2005, 10:52 AM

Quote:
mlbdude.

What is your idea for storing images used in the Wiki? I could store them on my domain, but didn't know if you wanted them in a central location or not?
I can store some on the Sage servers but my space is limited. If you have the resources you can store them on your domain. I guess you can't upload images to the Wiki?

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I can store some on the Sage servers but my space is limited. If you have the resources you can store them on your domain. I guess you can't upload images to the Wiki?
Oh, well, I didn't think about that. I'll see if that can be done first. I would rather put them somewhere where I know they won't go anywhere. I plan on keeping my domain, but you never know. I'm trying to make the directions for ComSkip not "depend" on the pictures, but it's a lot easier to describe how the settings should be, with pictures.

I've gotten a lot of it written, but thought that it might be better to have a sub-category under "My TV" for "Commercial Skipping" in the main page, so that it's in a seperate section, as it's going to be a little long... I probably won't finish it until sometime the week after Christmas (when I have a week long break from work).
Old 12-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason

heh. Um... if that means I was making fun of you, then I was making fun of you long before there was ever a reason to do so. I like to get in on something before everyone starts doing it.

i.e.: that's how I've been wording posts w/such info for a while now.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

UI Translation

In SageTV when using the original UI i got no problem getting it display in french but i would like to be able to do the same with SageMC so wich file do i need and where to place it ?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Sage Expert

While it is in no way the fault of SageMC, when using the new functionality built in for the MVP, when you select 'Exit Sage' from the MVP, the server shuts down...

-Jason
Old 12-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Sage User

Question regarding importing STVi's into Sage MC16x9

I am very impressed with SageMC 16x9. It is very rich with features and functionality. I am having one problem though related to importing STVi's into this STV. With Sagetv2.stv there is functionality to import STVi's such as RSS, Rew/FF and others. Am I missing something, the feature to import is not included in SageMC 16x9 or I must be missing something.

I appreciate your comments and help in advance.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtips
I am very impressed with SageMC 16x9. It is very rich with features and functionality. I am having one problem though related to importing STVi's into this STV. With Sagetv2.stv there is functionality to import STVi's such as RSS, Rew/FF and others. Am I missing something, the feature to import is not included in SageMC 16x9 or I must be missing something.

I could be wrong, but I think the idea of trying to import an STVI into SageMC is not possible, or while possible, risky. mlbdude has said something to this effect, but not sure I remember exactly why. Of course, you could try, but it's always a good idea to back up the STV first.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I think the idea of trying to import an STVI into SageMC is not possible, or while possible, risky. ...but not sure I remember exactly why.
Basically STVi's look for things to replace, most/all are designed with the original STV in mind. SageMC is drastically different than the original STV such that STVi's won't find what they look for, and/or if they find something it won't be the right thing.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtips

As others have mentioned, and STVI is deisnged to work with a particular STV. Most or none work with SageMC. If you want to try you can rename the file to .STV and then use the import function in detailed setup. Sometimes if it is just a full self contained menu you can import it and use My Menu or the My Plugins menu to get to it.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!