SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

i just noticed that when i unzip the main download for this STV that the Sage MCE folder gets placed in the Originalv2 folder and not the v3 one. when i unzip the current version of the .stv (small single .stv file) in the v3 folder--i get wierd transparency issues but if i place it in the originalv2 folder--all works. Is there any problem in me continuing to place this in the originalv2 folder? And how can i unzip it so the main download gets placed in the v3 folder?
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-20-2005, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
i just noticed that when i unzip the main download for this STV that the Sage MCE folder gets placed in the Originalv2 folder and not the v3 one. when i unzip the current version of the .stv (small single .stv file) in the v3 folder--i get wierd transparency issues but if i place it in the originalv2 folder--all works. Is there any problem in me continuing to place this in the originalv2 folder? And how can i unzip it so the main download gets placed in the v3 folder?
Thanks
JUC
My first guess is you don't have the latest version. Make sure it is #10. It does need to be in the V3 folder.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

If you are just updating the STV, it will not delete the old SageMCE directory that is under OriginalV2, but the new SageMCE directory should now be in SageTV3.

One thing I did, was going through my sage.properties file, searching for OriginalV2. If you find any links in there, change them to SageTV3. Also, if using collection.xml (DVD Profiler), make sure you change the location of the export inside of DVD Profiler, to put that file in the right place. Then you can delete the SageMCE folder under OriginalV2.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Sage Icon

hmm, quite possible i don't have the new version-but i thought i did. I just did a clean install so maybe i unzipped an older version. Will redownload and check tonight. Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

bug report - change weather units

Does anyone else see this problem?

I tried to change the weather units this AM from Imperial to Metric; got to the options screen fine but when I select 'change weather units' the menu didn't open properly. A small window opened at the top of the screen with what looked like a bunch of garbled text (completely unreadable). Trying to change to another selection "blind" (since I know there are 2 choices + exit) was unsuccessful.

Reverted to standard stv, changed units fine, then back to SageMC all is well with weather (but problem remains if I try to change the units).
Old 12-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I had exactly the same problem, with a similar "solution".
Old 12-22-2005, 11:24 AM

Hi,

I am having a heck of a time settng SageMC up to use the use the external media and dvd players.

I am able to get TheaterTek to launch when I select a video file or DVD, however it just launches but does not load the file to be played.

the DVD player batch file is configured as:

"c:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\TheaterTek DVD.exe" /NOSPLASH /AP 2 /PL %1

These command lines do work from other programs, just not SageMC or any other STV.

I am using this on a Sage Client system, could that be the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 12-22-2005, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like you've been configuring the client properties file, since you're at least launching ZP. What about sleeping Sage when launching an external player? Not sure that would effect anything, but it's another setting I saw. I'm not using this ATM, but if I ever get an HDTV, and want to use ffdshow, I think I'd want to use it.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Sage User

A few settings questions

mlbdude,

Thanks for this great theme.

All,

1) While in the guide, when I press page up or down (I forget which one), the view of the guide changes. Is there a way to make the page up and page down function as just page up and down?

2) While watching video fullscreen, is there a way to make the left and right arrows function the same as FF/REW, sort of like on my Moto Cable box?

3) If I use the customizable main menu, can I add the flying icons somehow?

Thanks,

dougrob
Old 12-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

UI Animation Not disable on Manage Conflict Screen

I have set the properties value to disable the UI animations:

mlbdude/enable_ui_animations=false

However they are still occurring on the Manage Conflict screen.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Sage Icon

mlbdude.

Have a look here for a probably minor fix for allowing the loading of an XML STV file, once SageMC has been loaded:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...4&postcount=26

Also, I'm not sure if anyone has said anything, but the most recent version of deria's Winamp plug-in (1.9) seems to be having problems with SageMC. The problems are over on deria's thread for the plug-in, and he is saying that it appears to be an STV issue, because some people have reported that it doesn't happen with the original Sage STV.

The problem I'm having, is I can't get out of the visualization. I think this may be due to a major overhaul that deria did to the plug-in, that may be messing with your STV. I have a feeling it might be something to do with the added ability to use the transport buttons to control Winamp, when this wasn't currently available. I don't know, maybe like Winamp steals the ability of SageMC to gain control back (i.e., of the ALT+LEFT command), and therefore we can't get out of the visualization. That seems to be my guess, because the transport buttons all still work to control Winamp, but nothing outside of Play/REW/FF/Pause work. (You can't even stop the playback, nor use the Menu command.)
Old 12-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Sage User

I have the same issue as geogecko with this plugin, otherwise it is fantastic.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Just wanted to say thanks for the AR editor It's sweeeetttt!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Just wanted to say thanks for the AR editor It's sweeeetttt!!!!!!
What's that? Just wondering...something I missed, perhaps.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
What's that? Just wondering...something I missed, perhaps.
You can edit the current selected AR by bringing up the AR editor in the full screen TV view. From the Options menu if not a DVD or from the DVD tool bar if a DVD.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-27-2005, 02:54 PM

New Dev Build

Fixed a few issues that were posted here (many small fixed over the last week so don't remember exactly). Updated the Winamp integration with Deria's latest menu.

NOTE: The download is now an XML instead of an STV. So make sure you open the XML and not the old STV when using this.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Sage User

Sweet the winamp thing works great now. Thank you soooo much, i freaking love this STV.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkarpf6045
Sweet the winamp thing works great now. Thank you soooo much, i freaking love this STV.
Yep, ditto on that. Works wonderfully well...

mlb, also, thanks for putting up those screen caps for me. I'll see what I can do about getting the Dirmon and SA information stuff up.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

System Monitor settings

I apologize, but I can't seem to get this figured out. I am sure it is something simple, but I can't get Deria's System Monitor plugin up and running. I have downloaded and extracted the appropriate files and made the changes to sage.properties (with Sage and the service completely off). I hit Ctrl-Shift-F12 and it looks like it is in the STV.

Just thought I would experiment in getting SageMC setup tonight...

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec
I apologize, but I can't seem to get this figured out. I am sure it is something simple, but I can't get Deria's System Monitor plugin up and running. I have downloaded and extracted the appropriate files and made the changes to sage.properties (with Sage and the service completely off). I hit Ctrl-Shift-F12 and it looks like it is in the STV.

Just thought I would experiment in getting SageMC setup tonight...

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
What are the issues you have with it?