SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-29-2005, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
It appears that there is more use of transparancy in Sage 4.1. Does this mean the transparancy problem you spoke about earlier has possibly been fixed?

I think this was in reference to making the main menu selections fade at the top and bottom, above and below the selector bar. That sure would be cool.

I like the fade transition that happens now between screen changes...
I just tried this again and still no go. Transparent text with 3D Acceleration on still does not work right.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Sage Icon

This may already be the case, but is there anyway to make the winamp plugin work 'out of the box' so to speak with this STV (no studio requried). Wondering if you can just include it with the STV and set is as an option to use or something like that.
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
This may already be the case, but is there anyway to make the winamp plugin work 'out of the box' so to speak with this STV (no studio requried). Wondering if you can just include it with the STV and set is as an option to use or something like that.
Thanks
JUC
Yeah it has done that for a few versions now with the dev build. Just make sure you have the winamp install package there (dll's and stuff).

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I just tried this again and still no go. Transparent text with 3D Acceleration on still does not work right.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yeah it has done that for a few versions now with the dev build. Just make sure you have the winamp install package there (dll's and stuff).
Yep, on deria's site, it mentions the instructions for use with SageMC. Basically, all that's required, is to install deria's download in the proper place, and then make the sage.properties modifications, then you're good to go. Oh, I am not sure it's still required, but originally, Winamp needed to be in your startup programs...but he may have made the plug-in launch Winamp on it's own now...not sure.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What are the issues you have with it?
Well, just that it is like there is no system monitor plug-in. I am sure it is something simple since I am so new at this, but if helps...

1) I dowloaded and installed SageMC with no problems..works great
2) I enabled "My Plugins"
3) I downloaded Deria's plug-in and extracted all files to "s:\program files\sagetv\sagetv" with the exception of the stvi file which I did not think I needed but threw into "s:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\STVs\SageTV3" anyway
4) Closed down SageTV and the SageTV service
5) Edited Sage.properties to add the four lines I grabbed from this thread:

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Author=Deria

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Description=The System Monitor plugin is an extremely configurable disk utilization monitor

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Menu=System Monitor Plugin - deria

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Title=System Monitor

6) Turned the service back on, re-opened SageTV

And....no system monitor plug-in anywhere as far as I can tell. SOrry to trouble you.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec
Well, just that it is like there is no system monitor plug-in. I am sure it is something simple since I am so new at this, but if helps...

1) I dowloaded and installed SageMC with no problems..works great
2) I enabled "My Plugins"
3) I downloaded Deria's plug-in and extracted all files to "s:\program files\sagetv\sagetv" with the exception of the stvi file which I did not think I needed but threw into "s:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\STVs\SageTV3" anyway
4) Closed down SageTV and the SageTV service
5) Edited Sage.properties to add the four lines I grabbed from this thread:

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Author=Deria

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Description=The System Monitor plugin is an extremely configurable disk utilization monitor

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Menu=System Monitor Plugin - deria

mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Title=System Monitor

6) Turned the service back on, re-opened SageTV

And....no system monitor plug-in anywhere as far as I can tell. SOrry to trouble you.
I "think" if you use the service there is another properties file called SageClient.properties that is used. Since you are not seeing any items in the My Plugins section that would be my first guess.

Old 12-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I "think" if you use the service there is another properties file called SageClient.properties that is used. Since you are not seeing any items in the My Plugins section that would be my first guess.

That did the trick! Thank you!

Unfortunately, when I go to it, I get the "Unknown Internal Screen" error.

Searching through the forum, my guess is it is because I don't have UNC paths setup appropriately. I have searched for a good 30 minutes now trying to find a good reference on this. Any ideas which property line might be the culprit? I have experimented with a few which have done nothing but render Sage unable to load.

Thanks again
Old 12-29-2005, 02:44 PM

That basically means that Sage can't find the menu you have defined in the mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Menu=System Monitor Plugin - deria
line. Make sure it has no spaces and a menu with that name does exist exactly in the STV (Ctrl+SHift+F12) to bring up to studio to look.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:19 PM

Hello, great STV, but I'm having a problem with specifying times or channels for my favorites. The channel selection just comes up as "Any" or blank, and the time is "Any" or "9:41 AM". Any ideas?

(Here's a screenshot)
http://www.kryhavoc.net/sage.jpg
Old 12-30-2005, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten
Hello, great STV, but I'm having a problem with specifying times or channels for my favorites. The channel selection just comes up as "Any" or blank, and the time is "Any" or "9:41 AM". Any ideas?

(Here's a screenshot)
http://www.kryhavoc.net/sage.jpg
It should be listing Any or the Channel you picked from the Guide. Or Any and the time the instance you picked from the Guide was. It looks like you have some bad data in your Sage instance. You using XMLTV?

Old 12-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

[QUOTE=kryten]Hello, great STV, but I'm having a problem with specifying times or channels for my favorites. The channel selection just comes up as "Any" or blank, and the time is "Any" or "9:41 AM". Any ideas?

I have that problem too. Nothing to do with the guide.
Just editing or creating a new fav.

I think somehow the STV is limiting the channel and time selections to the next airing of the show.

For example i have a show that airs three time a day.The first airing is at 8:35PM. The STV only lets me select 8:35PM as the time slot.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:25 AM

[QUOTE=Gaurav]
Quote:

I have that problem too. Nothing to do with the guide.
Just editing or creating a new fav.

I think somehow the STV is limiting the channel and time selections to the next airing of the show.

For example i have a show that airs three time a day.The first airing is at 8:35PM. The STV only lets me select 8:35PM as the time slot.
What you are seeing is the correct behavior (it bases the time and channel off of the airing that got you to this screen). What I cannot reproduce is a blank.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:28 AM

Ok, I figured something out. The "9:41" thing happens if I start a new favorite by selecting the "New by *" option from the Schedule->Series screen.

If I start a favorite by using the guide, finding the show, and selecting "Record Series" I'm able to select the channel and time. However, then I get Guarav's problem where I am only able to select one time. (For instance, "The Daily Show" airs several times a day, but if I select the 11:00PM showing from the guide, then only that time shows up in the settings screen.)
Old 12-30-2005, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Ok, I figured something out. The "9:41" thing happens if I start a new favorite by selecting the "New by *" option from the Schedule->Series screen.

If I start a favorite by using the guide, finding the show, and selecting "Record Series" I'm able to select the channel and time. However, then I get Guarav's problem where I am only able to select one time. (For instance, "The Daily Show" airs several times a day, but if I select the 11:00PM showing from the guide, then only that time shows up in the settings screen.)
I still can't get a blank channel by doing this. I will keep an eye out for it.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Diginerd Send a message via Yahoo to Diginerd
Hi,

Well I've just installed this stv for the first time (I've been using the original MLBDude STV under V2 for the longest time). All I can say is

WOW !

Boy was I missing out. That said I've hit a few snags, and I'm not sure if there easy work arounds (Couldn't see anything for a cursory search), or if I'm going to have to loos a bunch of WAF points..

The short version is we have a blue tooth mouse that has been our "Remote" since we first got sage up and running.

I can get around most of this STV with left and right clicks, forward and backwards buttons and the scroll wheel.

The problems arise when video (or MPs) are playing. With the orignal stv there were mousable play, pause and volume controls. In addition the time line was clickable letting you quickly skip around a show in the abscence of fast forwards and rewind.

Also the TV guide doesn't look to be mousable at all (ie click on a show and set it for recording, get info etc).

Would it be possible to add this functionality if it's not there? Or is there some kind soul with studio abilty who could go through and make this possible.

I know I'm asking a lot of what looks like a very mature system, but it would be fab if it could happen as opposed to trying to train everyone back on a remote. the wireless mouse is just so intutive and quick..

Many many thanks for an awesome job so far.

Rob
Old 12-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Sage User

Feature Request

mlbdude,

Can you add this feature to your to-do list?: Add movies from an IMDB search into your Offline Video library and the collection.xml file.

Thanks,

dougrob
Old 12-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Sage Icon

ComSkip

For those wishing to get involved in using ComSkip via ShowAnalyzer and DirMon, I have finished the Wiki instructions for setting it up. It should be pretty easy now to configure. If anyone has any issues setting it up using this Wiki, and has issues, let me know, and I'll see if I can make it easier to understand, or add something I may have forgotten.

http://www.sage-community.org/index....geMC169ComSkip

Have fun, and hope you don't miss the commercials...
Old 12-31-2005, 09:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to set it up so that after play is pressed in the music module, the visualizations begin automatically. It is kinda clunking now, press play, go to now playing, and then visualizations.

Thanks, Mike
Old 12-31-2005, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
Is it possible to set it up so that after play is pressed in the music module, the visualizations begin automatically. It is kinda clunking now, press play, go to now playing, and then visualizations.

Thanks, Mike
I usually don't use the visualizations at all. I like it better as an option so users can do whatever they wish.