SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I usually don't use the visualizations at all. I like it better as an option so users can do whatever they wish.
I agree, but if you were thinking of having Winamp to automatically start the visualization as a "work around," DON'T do it. Deria and I spent about a week debugging that problem with my setup. What happens, is you can NEVER get back out of the visualization when using it this way.

mlbdude, this could just be me, but with the most recent dev version and 1.9 of the Winamp plug-in, the Sage screensaver is interferring with the visualization again. After the 10 minutes goes by, the Sage screensaver takes over. I didn't realize it until just yesterday, because I noticed that my screensaver was set to 0 minutes...must have happened after a reinstall or something?
Old 12-31-2005, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I agree, but if you were thinking of having Winamp to automatically start the visualization as a "work around," DON'T do it. Deria and I spent about a week debugging that problem with my setup. What happens, is you can NEVER get back out of the visualization when using it this way.

mlbdude, this could just be me, but with the most recent dev version and 1.9 of the Winamp plug-in, the Sage screensaver is interferring with the visualization again. After the 10 minutes goes by, the Sage screensaver takes over. I didn't realize it until just yesterday, because I noticed that my screensaver was set to 0 minutes...must have happened after a reinstall or something?
That was an addon I did to Deria's menu. When I put in his new menu It was lost. When that menu is stabalized (it might be now) I will put back in that code.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 12-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
That was an addon I did to Deria's menu. When I put in his new menu It was lost. When that menu is stabalized (it might be now) I will put back in that code.
Great. Thanks.

Any inputs to my PM from yesterday? Just wondering if you got it.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Recorded shows from last year sow "today"

Hi everyone

Happy new Year.

Unfortunately the new year disagrees with my list of recorded shows. Where where is a single show (ie not a "More" and then a subgrouping) all recording dates from last year are showing as "Today". I presume that the sort is done on the month and day fields so SageMC thinks that they are in the future (the date is correctly shown in the show details).

Interestingly where recordings are grouped as "More" the dates are appearing correctly.

Cheers

Eric
Old 01-01-2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy
Hi everyone

Happy new Year.

Unfortunately the new year disagrees with my list of recorded shows. Where where is a single show (ie not a "More" and then a subgrouping) all recording dates from last year are showing as "Today". I presume that the sort is done on the month and day fields so SageMC thinks that they are in the future (the date is correctly shown in the show details).

Interestingly where recordings are grouped as "More" the dates are appearing correctly.

Cheers

Eric
I cannot reproduce this. SageMC actually uses the entire printed date to determine the Today marking. Are you using XMLTV by chance?

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm seeing this same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy
Hi everyone

Happy new Year.

Cheers

Eric
Old 01-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuoco
I'm seeing this same thing.
I think I saw the same thing, a couple recordings that I know have been there for a long time, I think showed up in "recent recordings," which surprised me, since it's a series that doesn't exist anymore, and currently, I have it set for "First Runs" so that I don't get any more shows recording right now...but I'll have to double check for sure...
Old 01-01-2006, 05:33 PM

Maybe recordings from 12+ months ago? This could be possible.

Old 01-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Sage User

does this STV provide the ability to export show info as XML files? or can i use malore's import with this STV to gain that capability?
Old 01-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Default Padding?

On recent build I am no longer able to import nielms import to change default padding. Is there a way to work around this? Thanks!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Sage User

how the heck do i go back once i'm down in a menu??
Old 01-01-2006, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by big boi
how the heck do i go back once i'm down in a menu??
The back button on your remote.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Are there any plans to add sorting of recordings by original airdate? I love this STV, but no longer use it because many of the shows I watch have been on the air for quite some time and I like to watch them in order. It's the only thing that keeps me using the original sage stv.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
The back button on your remote.
that's the only way? so i HAVE to program this function on m remote to even be able to use this STV?
Old 01-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
that's the only way? so i HAVE to program this function on m remote to even be able to use this STV?
You can change the setting in the Sage properties file to

"mlbdude/use_left_as_back=true"

Then the left arrow button will back you out..
Old 01-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Sage User

nothing on the mouse though? maybe it's better if i use my remote more and mouse less in navigating sage. i think i'll keep the STV for a while based solely on the queue capability built into the UI. the sage music player has been making me nuts and this one is a nice upgrade.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
nothing on the mouse though? maybe it's better if i use my remote more and mouse less in navigating sage. i think i'll keep the STV for a while based solely on the queue capability built into the UI. the sage music player has been making me nuts and this one is a nice upgrade.
I was meaning the left arrow on your remote but it will also work with the left button on the keyboard. The SageMC STV works really well with a remote. I don't think Mlbdude ever really meant for it to be used with a mouse/keyboard. He did add the left button property recently though which really helps with a keyboard.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

@mlbdude
Yes I am using xmltv (with owilsky's plugin at the moment but demideus' plugin when the recordings were made). Anyhow the problem seems to have resolved itself. I rebooted Sage a couple of times yesterday as as switching xmltv plugins seemed to cause Sage a hissy fit, maybe that sorted it out. When I reported the problem Sage had been running over the new year.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Are there any plans to add sorting of recordings by original airdate? I love this STV, but no longer use it because many of the shows I watch have been on the air for quite some time and I like to watch them in order. It's the only thing that keeps me using the original sage stv.
Sorry no.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

One quick question about installing the dev. build. I am sure it will lead to many more. I think I read the new files are in XML. So after I do the update, I followed directions on the wiki page, do I then need to go to settings and pick a new STV? I am going thru this because I need to install the winamp plugin to import and play .ape files.

Thanks
DRB

I WANT MY HDTV