SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to MrApollinax Send a message via AIM to MrApollinax
Every time i load the home page either at startup or if i return there from another menu it tells me there is do disk in drive d:\ (my dvd drive). What configurations do i have to change to fix this?
Router: Dlink DGL-4300

Using Wireshark to Troubleshoot Network Issues with your SageTV Setup
Old 01-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRB
One quick question about installing the dev. build. I am sure it will lead to many more. I think I read the new files are in XML. So after I do the update, I followed directions on the wiki page, do I then need to go to settings and pick a new STV? I am going thru this because I need to install the winamp plugin to import and play .ape files.

Thanks
DRB
Yes, you need to select the new XML "STV" file. It may be difficult doing so though. The problem, is that both, older versions of the original Sage STV, and older versions of the SageMC STV did not consider an XML file to be an "STV" file. So, if you go to browse for it, you will not be able to see the XML files.

If you run into this problem, it's as easy as closing down Sage, opening up the sage.properties file, and finding the STV property, and changing the SageMC_169.stv to SageMC_169.xml. Save and exit, and start Sage.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Yes, you need to select the new XML "STV" file. It may be difficult doing so though. The problem, is that both, older versions of the original Sage STV, and older versions of the SageMC STV did not consider an XML file to be an "STV" file. So, if you go to browse for it, you will not be able to see the XML files.

If you run into this problem, it's as easy as closing down Sage, opening up the sage.properties file, and finding the STV property, and changing the SageMC_169.stv to SageMC_169.xml. Save and exit, and start Sage.
I finally got everything working well after the SageTV 4.0 install. So I don't want to update to 4.1 if I don't have to but I would like to be able to update this STV. Do you know if I could still update the STV using what you stated above.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks in advance....
Old 01-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
I finally got everything working well after the SageTV 4.0 install. So I don't want to update to 4.1 if I don't have to but I would like to be able to update this STV. Do you know if I could still update the STV using what you stated above.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks in advance....
I think you would be fine, using the method described. But I'm not sure. I can't remember when Sage allowed XML "STV" files.

It seems rather painless to update to 4.1.4. Your settings should be saved. I just updated from 4.1.3 a few days ago, and it only took me about 10 minutes.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is a minor bug which may already be known:

When playing a DVD, if I use my rwd/play/ffwd buttons on my remote (which are sending message event thingies from girder), the rwd/play/ffwd menu bar at the top of the screen gets confused. It appears that the title bar thingy doesn't get affected when I press Play. For example:

1) I press Rewind (title bar correctly shows -2x)
2) then press Play (title bar stays at -2x, but video plays correctly)
3) pressing Rewind again (title bar shows -4x, and video rewinds at -4x)
Old 01-02-2006, 01:17 PM

New Dev Build

Some bug fixes. Added and separated the animations.

mlbdude/enable_mainmenu_ui_animations=true
mlbdude/enable_osd_ui_animations=true
mlbdude/enable_ui_animations=false

Above is a good config if you use the SageTV internal 3D fade between menus. Popups and OSD items use the osd_ui settings.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-02-2006, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
This is a minor bug which may already be known:

When playing a DVD, if I use my rwd/play/ffwd buttons on my remote (which are sending message event thingies from girder), the rwd/play/ffwd menu bar at the top of the screen gets confused. It appears that the title bar thingy doesn't get affected when I press Play. For example:

1) I press Rewind (title bar correctly shows -2x)
2) then press Play (title bar stays at -2x, but video plays correctly)
3) pressing Rewind again (title bar shows -4x, and video rewinds at -4x)
I can't duplicate this but I did some changes in here recently so try the latest dev build. Also, are you using the Play command or the Play/Pause command?

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, I'm using play/pause.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:24 PM

New Dev Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
Yes, I'm using play/pause.
OK, I think I got this. Had to rework the play/pause command.

Also added back in the disabeling of the ScreenSaver when going into a Winamp viz.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Is there any way to add another filter to the Recordings screen? I was thinking that it would be nice to show --all non movies--or something like that. That way when I want to watch TV I don't have to scroll through the movies. I don't beleive that option is currently there but i may be wrong.
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 01-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Sage User

DVD Menu Item

The Main Menu option for disabling Play DVD does not appear to work in either the STV nor the latest (Jan 2) XML. I'd like to disable this option for my MediaMVP clients.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoger
The Main Menu option for disabling Play DVD does not appear to work in either the STV nor the latest (Jan 2) XML. I'd like to disable this option for my MediaMVP clients.
Did you do a "refresh menu" after disabling the menu item?
Old 01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Sage User

Play DVD

Quote:
Did you do a "refresh menu" after disabling the menu item?

Yup. But with further investigation I can eliminate Play DVD by using the "Sage" menus instead of the "MCE" menus. Play DVD will still appear for "MCE" menus, though no matter what the Enable/Disable setting.

Additionally, if you reduce the number of active menu items to less than 7, the "MCE" menu will duplicate menu items to ensure that 7 items are visible. The "Sage" menu does not have this problem.

So, I'm happy now using "Sage"... but there are some unanticipated behaviors that perhaps should be addressed.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm...that's interesting. I guess I've never had fewer than 7 items on the main menu. I'll see if I can duplicate that tonight.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

Are you using the main menu that the menu scrolls, or the selector bar scrolls? I bet if you switch to the selector bar scrolling, you could have less than 7 menu items, but that's just a guess.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are you using the main menu that the menu scrolls, or the selector bar scrolls? I bet if you switch to the selector bar scrolling, you could have less than 7 menu items, but that's just a guess.
Yep, that's it. The "scrolling menu" AKA, MCE menu style, requires at least 7 items. The "scrolling selector" AKA, Sage menu style, has no requirement. I currently am using 7 menu items, and if I remove "Play DVD" that makes 6. "Play DVD still exists when in MCE menu style, but if I change to Sage menu style, it goes away, and I'm left with 6 menu items.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Sage User

Greetings all, this is my first post as a SageTV user. I'll have to say that if the SageMC STV did not exist I would not have purchased SageTV.

So of course, no one posts in a forum like this unless they have something great to share (like SageMC) or a problem. Here's my problem -

Using the 12/10/05 dev build (I think... appears to be the last ".stv" before the switch to ".xml") of SageMC my machine worked flawlessly. Then I tried the latest dev build (1/2/06) which required a switch to the .xml STV, and now the playback of ripped DVD's from my hard drive stutters horribly (recorded TV shows play back OK, though). If I switch back to the earlier .stv STV everything works fine again. So there must be a change to the STV that is causing the problem?

I'm running version 4.1.3.67 of SageTV in standard mode (not as a service). Use either default SageTV decoders or Nvidia purevideo decoders.

Hardware is -

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz Prescott core
MSI 865PE Neo3 motherboard (intel 865PE/G chipset)
1 GB DDR400 RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP graphics
2 x Western Digital 320 GB SATA hard drives
Hauppauge PVR500 dual-tuner card (connected to basic cable TV)
AverMedia A180 HDTV tuner card (connected to OTA antenna)

Thanks for any help. Although it works fine with the older .stv file I don't want to miss out on any new stuff.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Sage Icon

I had a stutter problem at some point, but exiting the recording, and trying another one proved to fix it.

I haven't tried playing a DVD since the switch though, but I'll do that tonight, and see if I have the same results.

In the mean time, you might want to consider installing 4.1.4 of SageTV, at least, that's what I'm using...
Old 01-04-2006, 11:29 AM

You might want to also try disabling the OSD animations to see what that does. With a non TV file all the animations tend to struggle at times.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the suggestions. The stutter only happens with the .xml build of SageMC, and then only on ripped DVD's. Recorded and live TV play back fine. DVD discs play back fine. Just the DVD's that I have ripped to my hard drive stutter, and then it's only with the .xml version of SageMC. OSD animations don't make a difference, still stutters with the .xml version.

Playback is perfect from all sources with the final .stv version of SageMC. Was anything changed from the last .stv-format build to the latest .xml-format build?

I might try the 4.1.4 beta but that scares me a little.