SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:26 PM

The only items there that have changed was the animations. I will try to reproduce but I have not seen this and I do all my testing with ripped DVD's.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure if this a new 4.1 feature or a new SageMC feature but i'm having trouble with a few of the new flyout pop-up menus, specifically the "Detected new Drive" and "A sceduled recording is in 5 minutes, do you want to change the channel" popups.

When an event occurs that triggers the popups I see a faint, small, outline of the popup window in the middle of my screen but it doesn't animate properly, it just sits there. Then if I press any buttons on my remote the popup animation will advance by a single frame and I need to repeat the process a bunch of times to get the animation to finish. I hope that makes sense

I'm running the released version of 4.1 with the latest SageMC dev build.

-Scott
Old 01-04-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
I'm not sure if this a new 4.1 feature or a new SageMC feature but i'm having trouble with a few of the new flyout pop-up menus, specifically the "Detected new Drive" and "A sceduled recording is in 5 minutes, do you want to change the channel" popups.

When an event occurs that triggers the popups I see a faint, small, outline of the popup window in the middle of my screen but it doesn't animate properly, it just sits there. Then if I press any buttons on my remote the popup animation will advance by a single frame and I need to repeat the process a bunch of times to get the animation to finish. I hope that makes sense

I'm running the released version of 4.1 with the latest SageMC dev build.

-Scott
Oh yeah, that sounds like something I broke. I will fix for next release.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I tried this add-on, I found it made Sage unstable. After 10-20 minutes I would get the spinning sage symbol until I killed Sage. It looks very nice, but something isn't playing right with my setup.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
The only items there that have changed was the animations. I will try to reproduce but I have not seen this and I do all my testing with ripped DVD's.
I also could not duplicate this on my system.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd33
I tried this add-on, I found it made Sage unstable. After 10-20 minutes I would get the spinning sage symbol until I killed Sage. It looks very nice, but something isn't playing right with my setup.
What were you doing when you got the spinning icon. A little more background might help someone solve the problem.

Did you install BOTH the "full build", and then the latest "STV"? I don't think it will work very well with just the latest "STV" file, if at all.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Sage Icon

Strange thing going on with offline DVD's.

I'm using SageTV service now, and when I added a couple more offline DVD's to DVD Profiler, I exported the collection.xml file again, and then did the check for new offline DVD's inside of SageMC. Well, the imported DVD titles showed up in all lower case letters, and did not bring in any of the meta data, nor a picture.

Could this be because of using SageTV service? I also noticed when I'm looking at the files generated by SageMC for the offline DVD's, they are all lower case, but some how, inside of SageMC, it shows those files with the first letter capital, except the, a, etc (this is for DVD's that have been in the system for quite some time, the two new ones show up as all lower case, inside of SageMC).

Did this get broken somehow? I guess tomorrow I can go back to not using sage as a service, delete the offline files, and re import to get back to the original state, then re export the collection.xml file again, and update offline DVD's and see if I get the same results.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko

I'm using SageTV service now, and when I added a couple more offline DVD's to DVD Profiler, I exported the collection.xml file again, and then did the check for new offline DVD's inside of SageMC. Well, the imported DVD titles showed up in all lower case letters, and did not bring in any of the meta data, nor a picture.

Could this be because of using SageTV service? I also noticed when I'm looking at the files generated by SageMC for the offline DVD's, they are all lower case, but some how, inside of SageMC, it shows those files with the first letter capital, except the, a, etc (this is for DVD's that have been in the system for quite some time, the two new ones show up as all lower case, inside of SageMC).

Did this get broken somehow? I guess tomorrow I can go back to not using sage as a service, delete the offline files, and re import to get back to the original state, then re export the collection.xml file again, and update offline DVD's and see if I get the same results.
Nothing has changed in this area. Though I do not run as a service and it very well could cause some issues since offline does a lot of filesystem work.

Old 01-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Nothing has changed in this area. Though I do not run as a service and it very well could cause some issues since offline does a lot of filesystem work.
Okay. I will test later tonight with the service mode disabled, and report back. I may have needed to reboot before I did the import, because before the reboot, all of the offline DVD's did not have pictures, and after the reboot, they did.

So, I guess first, I'll remove the two new entries, then get everything back to normal with service mode, then try and reimport the offline DVD's with the entries back. If they still come in bad, then I'll revert back to not using the service, and start over again.

I'll report back what I find.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Is there any way to add another filter to the Recordings screen? I was thinking that it would be nice to show --all non movies--or something like that. That way when I want to watch TV I don't have to scroll through the movies. I don't beleive that option is currently there but i may be wrong.
Thanks
JUC

maybe this got overlooked? Any thoughts?
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 01-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:

Mine does the same thing with offline videos. Running Sage as stand-alone or as a service. I just thought that was how it worked, I was happy just to be able to list my offline DVD's. I changed the titles manually and then did an IMDB lookup for the meta data. I like IMDB's descriptions a lot better than what I get from DVD Profiler anyway.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefff
Mine does the same thing with offline videos. Running Sage as stand-alone or as a service. I just thought that was how it worked, I was happy just to be able to list my offline DVD's. I changed the titles manually and then did an IMDB lookup for the meta data. I like IMDB's descriptions a lot better than what I get from DVD Profiler anyway.
Hmm...that's strange. Because until I switched to using sage as a service, they all came in just fine, and had the meta data from DVD Pro. I haven't added to my collection in a while (but Santa brought some new DVD's by the house), so I have no idea when it stopped working correctly, but since mlbdude insists that no changes were made, I'm assuming it was when I started using Sage service.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What were you doing when you got the spinning icon. A little more background might help someone solve the problem.

Did you install BOTH the "full build", and then the latest "STV"? I don't think it will work very well with just the latest "STV" file, if at all.
It would randomly happen hitting normal buttons like "stop" or going to a menu from playback. I downloaded the main file from the download page, I've only installed it once, never updated it.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Hmm...that's strange. Because until I switched to using sage as a service, they all came in just fine, and had the meta data from DVD Pro. I haven't added to my collection in a while (but Santa brought some new DVD's by the house), so I have no idea when it stopped working correctly, but since mlbdude insists that no changes were made, I'm assuming it was when I started using Sage service.
I've only been using SageTV for about a week, so I'm still getting up to speed on how all these things should work. I didn't try running in service mode until yesterday. That didn't seem to change anything one way or another, so today I'm back in stand-alone mode to see what happens. And now every time SageTV goes to sleep, when it comes back awake I get playback error messages until I open and close any Sage menu item. I don't have to do anything, just opening and closing a menu choice makes the error go away.

The whole thing seems like a house of cards, like if a single setting is changed and then changed back it never seems to be really changed back all the way, if you know what I mean. It's as if any single change filters through a whole bunch of other settings, then when changed back, all the ripples never quite disappear. So after changing a bunch of things, the whole SageTV installation seems to be permanently destabilized.

It's right about now that I'm wishing I would have Ghosted my Windows installation so I could easily start over from scratch. It would have been easy since I started this whole adventure with a fresh Windows install. Actually, I think I am going to reformat my hard drive and reinstall Windows again and Ghost it then reinstall SageTV with just the other software I need.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd33
It would randomly happen hitting normal buttons like "stop" or going to a menu from playback. I downloaded the main file from the download page, I've only installed it once, never updated it.
I also seem to be having the same exact problem. Sage starts using 95-98% of CPU. Sometimes it finally releases it and other times I have to Ctrl/Alt/Delete and shut sage down.

It's hard to say what the problem is cause I recently added the dev built, then the winamp plugin.

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 01-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Here are my results.

Reverted back to NOT using SageTV as a service. Closed out SageTV (and the service), and deleted the "fake" video files for the off-line DVD's that I added recently (two different movies).

After that, I restarted SageTV, noticed that the two movies were now gone. I did a refresh offline DVD Profiler data, and was asked about importing to two movies. I said yes.

This time, the titles show up inside of SageTV as The Incredibles and Pirates of the Caribbean, versus when in service mode, they showed up as the incredibles and pirates of the caribbean. So it appears that service mode ignores case? Not sure.

But, there seems to be some other problem. The .jpg files are not being copied from the DVD Pro. directory like they used to be, and stored in the offline DVD folder. I get no pictures from the two movies that I brought in just now, even without using service mode.

Edit.

Don't know what to say now. I tried it all over again, after a reboot, and the text is now all lower case, still not using service mode. Very strange.

Last edited by geogecko; 01-06-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have problems importing meta data from DVDProfiler into Sage.

I'm running SageTV4.1.3.67 and SageMC_169_5_10 with Latestdev.
My propertiesfile includes following lines:
mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\collection.xml
mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler
mlbdude/enable_dvd_profiler_errors=true
mlbdude/offline_path=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\Offline
mlbdude/auto_add_offline_path=true
mlbdude/auto_meta_data_enabled=true

I have let DVDProfiler move some file info for a specific film to the collection.xml file. When I select that film in my importdirectory, Edit Video Info, DVD Profiler Import, I get DVD Profiler Errors: "1. DVD Profiler functionality could not be started. 2. Make sure DVDPro2Sage is installed in your SageTV folder."
When I look in my SageTV folder I have a folder DVDPro2Sage, with in it a file DVDPro2Sage.class (created may 2005).

Can someone please tell me what I should try to fix this problem.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have let DVDProfiler move some file info for a specific film to the collection.xml file.
What exactly do you mean by this? You mean you just put a movie in your collection? And then you exported it to the location that you told Sage where to find the collection.xml file, right?

Quote:
When I look in my SageTV folder I have a folder DVDPro2Sage, with in it a file DVDPro2Sage.class (created may 2005).
That part is correct, that is what I have.

Is your DVD Profiler program installed on your HTPC machine (the same one you are using SageTV on), or a remote machine? You get no DVD Profiler information for your videos?
Old 01-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've run DVDProfiler and let it export the info for my film to the collection.xml in Sage.
After that I have tried to connect this info to the film in my importdirectory by using the DVD Profiler Import option in the SageMC Video Info screen (where I have a choice between: IMDB search, DVD Profiler Import and Edit Video Title).
The result is the error message.

When I choose IMDB search instead, it works and I get the selected info connected to the film. (BTW this info is not stored in the collection.xml, I have no idea where sage scores this; in wiz.bin?)
I want to get the info from DVD Profiler however, since that gives me data in my own language, which the IMDB does not give me).

I use only one system running Sage, no clients, no service.

Hope this helps in analyzing my problem (?)

Thanks, jan

edit: when I open collection.xml in notepad, the Profiler data for the film is there.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Sage Icon

This is for a film you have stored on the hard drive, right? Not an off-line DVD or something?

Does your DVD Profiler name of the film, exactly match the folder name of the DVD on your hard drive (or the file name, however you did it)? It must match exactly. If DVD Profiler inserted as part of the title, "2-Disc Collectors Edition" or something similar at the end of the title, then the folder/file must also contain that. You can tell by looking at the list of your DVD's in the left hand column. If it just contains the name, then that's all that should be in there. You can remove the extra comment in DVD Profiler by double clicking the movie/film, and then in the drop down box after the title, just hit delete on the keyboard to get rid of that.

If this doesn't make since, maybe you can provide the name of the DVD from DVD Profiler, and also what your folder structure for the film looks like...