SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:18 AM

Have you enabled the debugging feature to see what is going on?

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Have you enabled the debugging feature to see what is going on?
mlbdude: I have enabled dvd_profiler_errors = true if that is what you are asking.

geogecko: I need a little more time to answer your questions.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

geogecko: The film I'm talking about is The Godfather Part II, which is not a dvd I have, but a file which was recorded by Sage.
The exact same title can be found in my collection.xml.
The mpeg file is in my import directory:
H:\Video\Fim-mpeg\The Godfather Part II.mpg
Old 01-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan smit
geogecko: The film I'm talking about is The Godfather Part II, which is not a dvd I have, but a file which was recorded by Sage.
The exact same title can be found in my collection.xml.
The mpeg file is in my import directory:
H:\Video\Fim-mpeg\The Godfather Part II.mpg
Strange. I set up a file just the same way (different file name), and it comes in just fine, the way you described. Well, except for the picture.

So, it must be some other issue keeping it from working correctly.

You did re-export your collection.xml file after putting in the new listing, I assume?

Do you get any other DVD Profiler information for any other files?
Old 01-08-2006, 04:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

No, I don't.

It's driving me crazy. I have un- and re-installed Profiler, used a different file (Easy Rider.mpg), built collection.xml just for that one file. The data gets exported to the collection.xml (overwrites the old data) but when I try to import it always gives the same error printout (with behind it on the same screen for all the items to be imported "collection xml not found".
I have moved collection.xml to a different location and told the propertiesfile where to find it now, without any improvement.

1. Since one of the properties tells sage where to find the profiler program, I assume that it wants to find the exe and/or other files in that directory. Do you know what it wants to find (so that I can check that)?
2. Are all my slashes and backslashes in my first posting correct?
3. Does this work for mpg files (in stead of dvd's)? When I open collection.xml, it starts with:
<Collection>
<DVD>

Thanks, jan
Old 01-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Sage Icon

Your directories look correct, from a previous post.

The DVD Profiler root directory is specified, because that is where SageMC goes to get copies of the images that DVD Pro. is using for the covers of DVD's and what not. I believe that is all, I don't think it actually needs the EXE of DVD Pro.

One thing, have you been using SageMC for quite some time? There was a change in where the STV file (and SageMCE directory) was kept a while back (used to be in OriginalV2, instead of now in SageTV3), and if you weren't using any of the "options" such as DVD Pro. etc, then it may not have mattered (may not have noticed).

To make sure SageMC is looking in the correct place for your collection.xml file (even though you have the directory right), do a search in your sage.properties (or sageclient.properties, whatever pertains to you), for "OriginalV2" without quotes, of course. You shouldn't find any, but if you do, change them to SageTV3. Then try things out. Make sure and do that when SageTV is closed out, and service mode, if enabled, is disabled and stopped.

Last edited by geogecko; 01-08-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Good point, but no luck; I don't have any originalV2 in my propertiesfile (any more).

I downloaded Stangers latest dvdpro2sage and copied that to the folder: no change.

Interesting points (?): 1. as mentioned above, I can click on Edit Video info and then get the choice of 3 options: IMDB, DVDProfiler and edit Video Title.
When I use the Options command instead (right mouse or escape) I only get one choice: IMDB search.
2. I have read that one option should be to cache the meta data to the directory of the mpegfile. I don't see that option.

Is this normal?

Thanks, jan

edit: one more point:
I have organised all my video files in groups. The file(s) I 'm playing with are in the "Film" group.
Could that have anything to do with it?

I am however unable to remove it from the Film-group. When I select that option, nothing happens.
Maybe mlbdude can answer that one.

Last edited by jan smit; 01-08-2006 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Good point, but no luck; I don't have any originalV2 in my propertiesfile (any more).

I downloaded Stangers latest dvdpro2sage and copied that to the folder: no change.

Interesting points (?): 1. as mentioned above, I can click on Edit Video info and then get the choice of 3 options: IMDB, DVDProfiler and edit Video Title.
When I use the Options command instead (right mouse or escape) I only get one choice: IMDB search.
2. I have read that one option should be to cache the meta data to the directory of the mpegfile. I don't see that option.

Is this normal?

Thanks, jan
Nothing gets cached to a directory for SageMC169. It gets imported from either IMDB or DVD Profiler into SageTV directly. The items you see are correct.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you.
What about the grouping, can that have anything to do with it?
Old 01-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I get DVD Profiler Errors: "1. DVD Profiler functionality could not be started. 2. Make sure DVDPro2Sage is installed in your SageTV folder."
When I look in my SageTV folder I have a folder DVDPro2Sage, with in it a file DVDPro2Sage.class (created may 2005).

Can someone please tell me what I should try to fix this problem.
Based on this error message, I would tend to believe that you have a permissions problem. You seem to have everything setup correctly, as far as I can tell.

Is that class file showing up as read-only or something? Of course, I'm not sure it tries to write to that file, because the date would change, and I'm not seeing it change on my installation.

Quote:
When I look in my SageTV folder I have a folder DVDPro2Sage, with in it a file DVDPro2Sage.class (created may 2005).
You have this DVDPro2Sage folder installed inside of /SageTV/SageTV, and not just /SageTV, right? I would think that if you installed SageMC correctly, it should be in the right place, otherwise a lot of other stuff wouldn't be working.

I'm at a loss for what else it could be. But it sounds like to me, it's not able to find the class file, otherwise, why would it complain about it?

I don't see that having files in different groups would matter. Doesn't even seem like it's getting that far with things.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

RSS News Feeds

Has the problem with getting Nilem's RSS News Feeds plugin working been resolved. I know from the Wiki that there were problems.

Anybody have any success or workaround for getting this up and running.

Thanks...
Old 01-09-2006, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
Has the problem with getting Nilem's RSS News Feeds plugin working been resolved. I know from the Wiki that there were problems.

Anybody have any success or workaround for getting this up and running.

Thanks...
This is up to Neilm to update his plugin to work with SageMC. I have not heard of him doing this.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm at a loss for what else it could be. But it sounds like to me, it's not able to find the class file, otherwise, why would it complain about it?
I have updated Java from 1.4.2 to 1.5, updated SageTV from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4, re-installed SageMC169_5_10 all without any change.
I am afraid that I have to leave it for the time being.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards, jan
Old 01-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

anyone know if you can disable the scrolling functionality on the main menu from looping to bottom...if i have a short list the items are repeating
Old 01-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
anyone know if you can disable the scrolling functionality on the main menu from looping to bottom...if i have a short list the items are repeating
I don't think there is a way, currently, you have to switch back to "Sage" menu scrolling, instead of "MCE" menu scrolling, if you have less than 7 items in your menu...
Old 01-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have updated Java from 1.4.2 to 1.5, updated SageTV from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4, re-installed SageMC169_5_10 all without any change.
I am afraid that I have to leave it for the time being.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards, jan
Sorry to hear that. Well, if you get more time, let us know, and I'm sure eventually, we can figure out the problem.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'm sure eventually, we can figure out the problem.
Well, in that case I like to carry on.
I ran out of suggestions and I had the impression you also did and I did not want to take more of your time.
Can you (or someone else) suggest another step?
Old 01-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well, in that case I like to carry on.
I ran out of suggestions and I had the impression you also did and I did not want to take more of your time.
Can you (or someone else) suggest another step?
1. You have this DVDPro2Sage folder installed inside of /SageTV/SageTV, and not just /SageTV, right? I would think that if you installed SageMC correctly, it should be in the right place, otherwise a lot of other stuff wouldn't be working.

2. I'm not at home at the moment, but when you export your XML file from DVD Pro., you are setting the appropriate options, such as XML file, and entire collection, right?

Instead of going all the way to the particular title of a movie (film), just go into "My Videos", and once there, use the "Options" command (either on remote, or ESC key), and select "Meta Data Options" (may be slightly different), the on the next menu, do a DVD Pro. Refresh.

3. Does that work at all? If not, what error message do you get?

mlbdude, this doesn't need .NET to work, correct? I couldn't remember if it did or not, but I didn't think it did, because I think I was using the DVD Profiler portion before I installed .NET for deria's plugin. Just wanted to make sure.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
1. You have this DVDPro2Sage folder installed inside of /SageTV/SageTV, and not just /SageTV, right? I would think that if you installed SageMC correctly, it should be in the right place, otherwise a lot of other stuff wouldn't be working.
Correct

Quote:
2. I'm not at home at the moment, but when you export your XML file from DVD Pro., you are setting the appropriate options, such as XML file, and entire collection, right?
Correct

Quote:
Instead of going all the way to the particular title of a movie (film), just go into "My Videos", and once there, use the "Options" command (either on remote, or ESC key), and select "Meta Data Options" (may be slightly different), the on the next menu, do a DVD Pro. Refresh.
Done, no errors

Quote:
3. Does that work at all? If not, what error message do you get?
No errors, this all seems to work as it should.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

So after you do the DVD Pro. Refresh, you get no errors, but you also get NO pictures or meta data for any of your files?