SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, correct.
During the refresh I see a spinning Sage icon, after that no errors, no picture, no data.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Sage User

Is it possible to switch off album art

Hi all,

Is it possible to switch off the album art when browsing by album, and just show the albums (by artist or title) as a list? My system is a TranquilPC running a mini-itx sp13000 board and it takes an age to scroll through album listings when the cover art is active (loads of spinning Sage icon). When I look at directories that contain no album art I can scroll very quickly.

I have looked at using My Music Files as an alternative but there is no search function within this menu.

Any tips to either speed up the display of album art or to revert to a list view would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all of the hard work on SageMC, it is an excellent STV that really enhances Sage. The part I particularly like is the ability to search music by artist, album or song, where as the standard Sage STV only searches by song title.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan smit
Yes, correct.
During the refresh I see a spinning Sage icon, after that no errors, no picture, no data.
Quote:
H:\Video\Fim-mpeg\
You have this directory set as a video import directory, in the "detailed setup" and nothing else, correct?

Is there any particular reason the drive letter is such a lower character (H)?

This is a physical drive on the PC, right?

Just trying to better understand your system. I seems strange that you get no errors when you do the DVD Pro. Update, but still get no data. That implies to me that the .class file is working. So it might be something else.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter
Hi all,

Is it possible to switch off the album art when browsing by album, and just show the albums (by artist or title) as a list? My system is a TranquilPC running a mini-itx sp13000 board and it takes an age to scroll through album listings when the cover art is active (loads of spinning Sage icon). When I look at directories that contain no album art I can scroll very quickly.

I have looked at using My Music Files as an alternative but there is no search function within this menu.

Any tips to either speed up the display of album art or to revert to a list view would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all of the hard work on SageMC, it is an excellent STV that really enhances Sage. The part I particularly like is the ability to search music by artist, album or song, where as the standard Sage STV only searches by song title.
Not sure there is an easy way to do that. (May want to check for an album art property inside of your sage.properties file.) If the function was added, which how would you want it, a property setting inside of the properties file, or some type of options menu setting, so that you could adjust it while Sage was open? If you don't ever want the album art, it could always be deleted from the files...
Old 01-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply. I can't find anything in Sage Properties that refers to the album art. I seem to remember on an older version of Sage that is was possible to specify albums to shown in list format ???? I don't really want to remove my album art as there are nearly 700 albums, plus I also access the folders using Windows. A switchable function would be good.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You have this directory set as a video import directory, in the "detailed setup" and nothing else, correct?
This is one of the two importdirectories I have entered vie Detailed Setup.
I use E:\Video and H:\Video. ON my E: disk there are also folders for Music and Pictures.

Quote:
Is there any particular reason the drive letter is such a lower character (H)?
The reason is that I have 3 physical diskdrives with a total of 7 partitions.
For TV-capture I use an 80GB partition on my first diskdrive.

In detailed Setup I also see as importdirectory:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Offline

That importdirectory must be there, because I put a line in the propertiesfile.

I tried to attach a single-movie collection.xml for you to try, but I believe without succes. If you think it is worth doing I may have to rename it to a textfile. Please let me know.

Thanks, jan
Old 01-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

I see, I kind of figured you had a bunch of partitions. Most people do, if they set their machines up correctly.

I can't remember exactly how I setup my "Offline" folder, but I believe it's just D:\Offline\DVD

I can't remember off hand, if it's an import directory or not, but will check tonight. Maybe creating a folder "E:\Offline" might be something to try. May have to change your import folder (I can't remember if this is needed or not).

I'll check some things tonight, and see if I can find something else to check. I'm not sure the Offline thing matters, because you have a real file, so it shouldn't me trying to use an Offline file.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, I'll see your further reaction after you have gone home (and I have waken up; it's 10.30 PM here now).

What about the single-movie-collection.xml?
Do you want me to send it as collection.text or doesn't that help?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks, I'll see your further reaction after you have gone home (and I have waken up; it's 10.30 PM here now).

What about the single-movie-collection.xml?
Do you want me to send it as collection.text or doesn't that help?
Time zones, who thought of that?

I could try your collection.xml file, but then I've have to name something that matched what was in the file...

You could attach it, and I could compare it with one I have, and see if the format is the same...
Old 01-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

You could probably temporarily rename one of your files to "Easy Rider".
If it works, we are sure that the problem is not at the DVDProfiler side.

Regards, jan
Attached Files
File Type: txt collection.txt (12.8 KB, 169 views)
Old 01-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know if someone's mentioned this. In the latest dev build what used to be the a "Save" button in the recording settings for a manual recording now says "Record" and doesn't work. Pressing it doesn't seem to do anything for now.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
playing media files

Forgive me if these requests has been asked for already, it is a long thread and I might have missed it. And I'll start by saying nice job!

Would it be possible for the play key to play the media file you have selected without having to go into a submenu to hit play?

When deleting can the next menu ask why you are deleting, similar to what Cayars had; watched liked, not watched liked, watched not like, not watched not liked, cancel. I use IR recording and it was invaluable to me to teach sage what to IR.

After playing a recorded show can it go back to the recorded menu instead of the main menu?

How about a filter for recorded tv that filters out archived things only. Basically the inverse of what the filter archived does now.

I also have a bug in the mce style menu. Even though I disable "play DVD" it will not go away, even after the refresh. It works fine for the sage style menu.

Last edited by kricker; 01-19-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:37 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
I don't know if someone's mentioned this. In the latest dev build what used to be the a "Save" button in the recording settings for a manual recording now says "Record" and doesn't work. Pressing it doesn't seem to do anything for now.
I have the same issue with this Dev build
Old 01-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I also have a bug in the mce style menu. Even though I disable "play DVD" it will not go away, even after the refresh. It works fine for the sage style menu.
If you have less than 7 items (if your Play DVD is the 7th item), and you try and reduce the menu to 6 items, it will not be deleted. This seems to be a current bug in the main menu.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You could probably temporarily rename one of your files to "Easy Rider".
If it works, we are sure that the problem is not at the DVDProfiler side.

Regards, jan
Well, I'm having networking problems, ATM, so I will try and get to this as soon as I figure out what is wrong with networking... Windows...
Old 01-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Well, I'm having networking problems, ATM, so I will try and get to this as soon as I figure out what is wrong with networking... Windows...
Network problem has been fixed, which also explained the problem I was having with not getting DVD Pro. pictures generated.

The only problem now, is that for some reason, importing offline DVDs, brings the movie title name in all lower case letters (I know all the generated mpg files are lower case, but it's not true for the titles of the other movies that were imported previous to having this problem). Not sure what is causing this issue. Now that networking is working again, I may need to try my test again with and without service mode.

Jan...maybe this weekend I'll get a chance to figure something out, I have Friday off...
Old 01-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Jan...maybe this weekend I'll get a chance to figure something out, I have Friday off...
Looking forward.

Thanks, jan
Old 01-12-2006, 01:07 PM

Best method for importing DVD information and TheatherTek issues

Hi all,

Which is the better method for importing DVD information, using the IMDB search or importing meta-data from DVD Profiler? At the moment I'm using the IMDB search but a couple of times now the saved data has been lost and I'm left with only cover art remaining. I do have DVD profiler if that would be a better way to go. I suppose with this option the cover art will be of a higher resolution.

Also is there any way to use TheaterTek to play DVD's stored on the hard drive? I can get TT working as the external player but when it loads I just get the splash screen and nothing else. I understand that TT uses command switches to load DVD's from folders but it appears that the command needs to be applied slightly different each time in order to reflect the different folders of different DVD's. Is there any method of sending TT an appropriately formated loading script on a per DVD basis? I have been playing with Xlobby and it had no problems loading and playing DVD ISO's so I guess it is doable if someone has the nouse.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMantis
Hi all,

Which is the better method for importing DVD information, using the IMDB search or importing meta-data from DVD Profiler? At the moment I'm using the IMDB search but a couple of times now the saved data has been lost and I'm left with only cover art remaining. I do have DVD profiler if that would be a better way to go. I suppose with this option the cover art will be of a higher resolution.
IMO DVD Profiler is the way to go, especially if you've already got the info in it. The reason is, so long as the file/folder names match the entries in DVD Pro, then the loading in Sage is automatic, no user intervension.

If you don't already have DVD Pro setup, it's not as clear of an advantage.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
IMO DVD Profiler is the way to go, especially if you've already got the info in it. The reason is, so long as the file/folder names match the entries in DVD Pro, then the loading in Sage is automatic, no user intervension.

If you don't already have DVD Pro setup, it's not as clear of an advantage.
Well, plus if you lose all your IMDB information, DVD Pro. is just as easy to reload the file...

And from what Jan told me, DVD Pro. can provide information in other languages, so that's another concern some people might have.