SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-14-2006, 01:59 AM
Sage User

I just installed the latest release. I first want to say that its great. I just have one problem.

I can't get to the main menu with my remote. I have the 'Menu' button mapped to the Options command. In the default STV and others it allows me to get to the main menu, but this one doesn't.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-14-2006, 03:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner753
I just installed the latest release. I first want to say that its great. I just have one problem.

I can't get to the main menu with my remote. I have the 'Menu' button mapped to the Options command. In the default STV and others it allows me to get to the main menu, but this one doesn't.

Any suggestions?
I think the only option you have, is to map some button to the "Menu" command. If you are limited, you could use the button that you have mapped to "Back" for it instead, then if you need "Back," you can use the property to use "Left" as back. The only drawback to that, is for menus where left is actually used, such as the guide.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan smit
You could probably temporarily rename one of your files to "Easy Rider".
If it works, we are sure that the problem is not at the DVDProfiler side.

Regards, jan
DVD Profiler's job is being done. I copied an MPG movie I had, and named it Easy Rider. Then copied over my collection.xml file with yours, and did a DVD Profiler Refresh. Now, the cover art didn't show up, but that's because it can't get that data from DVD Profiler, because I don't have that in my collection. However, it did pull up the meta data, in your language.

Are you positive the file is getting to where you specified? In other words, did you copy the file you uploaded from the actual location specified in your sage.properties file?
Old 01-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I am sure.
I also copied the collection.xml to C:\temp and told the properties file this new location: same result.

How does Sage look at this collection file; does it need a parser for that and if so, is the location of this parser important?
I'm just asking without really knowing the details, but wonder what else |Sage needs for this.

Regards, jan
Old 01-14-2006, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner753

Any suggestions?
I have a Home button on my remote that is mapped to the Home command in Sage that takes be there. Also a Back button is abailable too. You can also try the left as back behavior but it won't work in all menu's.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I think the only option you have, is to map some button to the "Menu" command. If you are limited, you could use the button that you have mapped to "Back" for it instead, then if you need "Back," you can use the property to use "Left" as back. The only drawback to that, is for menus where left is actually used, such as the guide.
Thanks geogecko, I've gone through the command list under detailed setup and I don't see a 'Menu' command at all. There's a 'DVD Menu'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I have a Home button on my remote that is mapped to the Home command in Sage that takes be there. Also a Back button is abailable too. You can also try the left as back behavior but it won't work in all menu's.
Thanks mldude, I just started using a Logitech Harmony 520 and unforturnately don't have a Home button. I'll try mapping the 'Menu' button to the 'Home' command. My only regret with the Harmony is that its not as customizable as I had hoped. I put in a request to Logitech to see if there is a way to have more control over the remote's Activities.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry sojourner. I meant the "Home" command, as mlbdude, not "Menu."

The Harmony's are great remotes (using the 880 myself). I'd suggest going over to www.remotecenteral.com, and posting some questions there. Or do a search, and you'll find a lot of your same questions listed there.

The Activity based thing trips some people up at first (me included, since I was used to using macros), but there are workarounds to get everything working you want.

If you have a particular question, you could PM me, and I'll see if I can help.

Jan. I'm not sure eactly what you mean by a parser. I think at this point, we can rule out DVD Pro. as the problem. The question is, where to start looking next. I may have to think about this one for a while. It would seem that Sage is not able to see your collection.xml file.

mlb, is there any error messages that get printed out in the debug_logging=TRUE files if something doesn't work?
Old 01-14-2006, 04:50 PM

The errors are only displayed in the popup dialog and don't get written to the log file.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Drop Down Menu in DVD Player Huge

I love this STV and its what made me switch from Windows MCE. Thank you for this great STV. I have been using it for about 5 or 6 months now and I cannot figure out how to solve this issue. When I click the "Info" button while in the DVD Player, the drop down menu on the top takes up almost half the screen. It functions perfectly, but its a little annoying. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I attached a screenshot for further clarification. Also, I am running SageMC 16x9 4.x 5_10

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagedvd.JPG (8.2 KB, 218 views)

Last edited by stroths; 01-15-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

stroths, it's like that because the top menu usually contains the dvd navigation and aspect ratio controls.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Sage User

I can't figure out how to get the commercial skip working. I have a fresh install of windows, a fresh install of sagetv 4, and a fresh install of the latest version of this STV.

I have commercial skipping enabled everywhere that I can find the option.. I've had the computer setup for 2 days now, yesterday being the first day of recordings. does it take longer than a day for it to find the commercials in the files and I'm being to impatient, or did i miss something somewhere that needs to be configured?

//edit:
I just read a little bit of the wiki. it explains that commercial skipping needs to be disabled under the "detailed setup menu", but enabled in the "options menu" while playing back video. then the wiki goes on talking about configuring and installing all kinds of 3rd party apps. I'm not quite sure what the best solution here is... I'm coming from SageTV v2 with cayar's 1.8 STV which was all automatic.. no extra configuration was required for commercial skipping.

Last edited by mattress; 01-15-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC doesn't scan for commercials you need to use something like Dirmon to run Comskip/SA to actually find the commercials.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:42 PM

New Dev Build

Fixed most of the bugs mentioned. MCE menu now only shows correct items when using just a few. Shrunk DVDDrive OSD. All lower case offline titles. Corrected Series bug with saving run status (must have been a core change to break this). Some others.

Added new menu to Schedule menu. New Suggestions. This will give you suggestions using SageTV's IR feature for you to pick and choose items to record without having to have IR enabled. Similar to Tivo's suggestions feature.

Old 01-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Sage Icon

Sweet! Can't wait to try out that suggestion's feature.

Thanks for fixing the offline DVD problem too. I thought I was going crazy.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've tried this, but get a black screen when I open Sage again. Is it true that if I have the server running, then I will need to edit sageclient.properties file? Whatever the case, I've been making the same changes to both the sage.properties and sageclient.properties files.

Thanks for help

Quote:
Yes, you need to select the new XML "STV" file. It may be difficult doing so though. The problem, is that both, older versions of the original Sage STV, and older versions of the SageMC STV did not consider an XML file to be an "STV" file. So, if you go to browse for it, you will not be able to see the XML files.

If you run into this problem, it's as easy as closing down Sage, opening up the sage.properties file, and finding the STV property, and changing the SageMC_169.stv to SageMC_169.xml. Save and exit, and start Sage.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119
I've tried this, but get a black screen when I open Sage again. Is it true that if I have the server running, then I will need to edit sageclient.properties file? Whatever the case, I've been making the same changes to both the sage.properties and sageclient.properties files.

Thanks for help
If you are running service mode, then yes, you need to edit sageclient.properties, as this is what your "front-end" will be using.

If you are using service mode, you need to make sure that it is not running when you make the change.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the reply. I'm either still doing something wrong, broke something, or this is another problem causing my black screen.

I've downloaded the latest dev build, extracted it to the directored listed in the wiki and verified its there. I've changed the properties file with sage service stopped and the font end closed. When Sage loads up after the changes, the sage window is black.

I guess I'll have to consider doing a clean install to try it again unless someone here has another idea for me to try.

Quote:
If you are running service mode, then yes, you need to edit sageclient.properties, as this is what your "front-end" will be using.

If you are using service mode, you need to make sure that it is not running when you make the change.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Sage Icon

When you say a black screen, are you on the local machine, or are you using VNC or remote desktop to get to the Sage machine?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
When you say a black screen, are you on the local machine, or are you using VNC or remote desktop to get to the Sage machine?
Currently, the Sage server is on my HTPC and used most frequently as the front end. I have visions of using the client, or web interface remotely at some point, but right now its about getting the HTPC worked out.

So when I say black screen, it means that I'm opening Sage on the local machine(HTPC) which contains all the storage, tuning cards, etc. I've been using SageMC for a while and love it, but obviously I want to keep up to date, and just the other day noticed that I needed to load the new stv as an xml file. I did a search on this thread and found out about changing .stv to .xml in the properties file. That single change(which is at the very bottom of my properties file) causes sage to have a black screen.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

Strange. Sounds like a setting is being changed somehow in the new XML file.

I just removed the XML file from the SageTV3 folder, and tried to start Sage, and it never gets past the splash screen. So, it must be finding your XML file, at least.

So if you revert back to the last latest STV file, all is well (on the HTPC server)?

If you are switching between client and server, and it's working, I'd use a tool such as ExamDiff (Google it), and compare the sage.properties file with the sageclient.properties file, and see if there are any differences. (Of course, while sage and sage service are not running, because it inserts some extra properties while they are running.)