SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not certain which STV version I have, but its from sometime just before the switch to xml. It works fine using this .STV- yes. I can verify that the .xml is in the directory that the wiki says it should be so it should be finding it.

I'll try that examdiff tonight.

Also this brings up another point that might be useful to some people. Do any of you share your .properties files? The wiki does a pretty good job of explaining how to modify properties to tweak the stv, but it might be easier for some to just be able to download another user's .properties file, or have a dummy one setup to demonstrate features. As an example, I was trying to get the "Other Programs" menu populated last night, and the wiki isn't finished in that area yet, although there are a few lines speaking to how to get it setup. Still I didn't see anything describing how to get images for each of those programs listed in that menu anywhere. I'm sure there's a post or two about it in this thread, but its not always easy to find it. Anyway-- that's just a thought, it might save some repetitive questions that I see getting asked.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Sage Icon

IIRC, to get images on your "Other Programs," all you have to do, is get a screen capture (or some other picture you like), save it in "Paint" as a .JPG file, with the same name as the program shortcut...but I can't remember for sure.

There's also a property line that tells SageMC where to find the shortcuts and images (search for programs, and you'll find it).

As far as sharing properties files, it can be done, but depending on hardware configurations, it may screw some things up, for instance, if your video card can't handle VMR9 or something, which I believe is something called out in the properties file.

Also, those using the webserver would have to be careful about sharing their property file, because it contains user names and passwords to get into the webserver, via another computer...

I wouldn't mind sharing mine, if you needed it for something though...

Last edited by geogecko; 01-16-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

I found the problem...stupid problem. Apparently I wasn't upgraded to version 4.1 yet. I swear I installed it! It was downloaded, but after that upgrade everything seems to be fine now.

Although, now that I'm past that obstacle, I've run into another that I need to search around for an answer to. I got show analyzer and dirmon functional, but they're only processing mpeg files. All my recorded HDTV is .ts files, and the only thing I've found in about 30 minutes of searching is that some people have gotten comskip to work with ts files. Anyone else have another answer for this?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Strange. Sounds like a setting is being changed somehow in the new XML file.

I just removed the XML file from the SageTV3 folder, and tried to start Sage, and it never gets past the splash screen. So, it must be finding your XML file, at least.

So if you revert back to the last latest STV file, all is well (on the HTPC server)?

If you are switching between client and server, and it's working, I'd use a tool such as ExamDiff (Google it), and compare the sage.properties file with the sageclient.properties file, and see if there are any differences. (Of course, while sage and sage service are not running, because it inserts some extra properties while they are running.)
Old 01-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119
I found the problem...stupid problem. Apparently I wasn't upgraded to version 4.1 yet. I swear I installed it! It was downloaded, but after that upgrade everything seems to be fine now.

Although, now that I'm past that obstacle, I've run into another that I need to search around for an answer to. I got show analyzer and dirmon functional, but they're only processing mpeg files. All my recorded HDTV is .ts files, and the only thing I've found in about 30 minutes of searching is that some people have gotten comskip to work with ts files. Anyone else have another answer for this?

Thanks
For the 2nd part, I've tried the comskip_ts, with absolutely no luck. As of right now, there's no reliable way to commercial skip a TS file .
Old 01-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
For the 2nd part, I've tried the comskip_ts, with absolutely no luck. As of right now, there's no reliable way to commercial skip a TS file .
AFAIK, this is correct, however, the newest version of Sage should be using ps (yep, no typo, ps, not ts) files, IIRC, and SA can handle these files... You may want to check out the forums over at www.dragonglobal.org, because I seem to remember some posts about this over there. I'm not using HDTV right now, so I wouldn't be of too much help in that regard.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've done a little reading over there, but I think I found a little bit more info over at the SA thread over here. Its still very new, and there aren't many people reporting success yet, although it is supposed to work. If I get around to trying this in the next couple of days, I'll post how it goes.

How does the beta behave with the latest dev build of SageMCE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
AFAIK, this is correct, however, the newest version of Sage should be using ps (yep, no typo, ps, not ts) files, IIRC, and SA can handle these files... You may want to check out the forums over at www.dragonglobal.org, because I seem to remember some posts about this over there. I'm not using HDTV right now, so I wouldn't be of too much help in that regard.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to rahul.b.patel Send a message via Yahoo to rahul.b.patel
Offline DVD message (how to play)

I believe I've got the import of offline DVDs working as per the instructions in the Wiki. However, when I actually try to play a DVD all I get is the message box to insert a dvd and a close button. How does the actual DVD player get started?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you put a DVD in the DVD player?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul.b.patel
I believe I've got the import of offline DVDs working as per the instructions in the Wiki. However, when I actually try to play a DVD all I get is the message box to insert a dvd and a close button. How does the actual DVD player get started?
The "actual" DVD player is started by yours truely. Basically, all offline DVDs is for, is to have DVD meta data available on your collection of DVDs, so you don't have to get up and look through all your DVDs.

I actually changed the message that pops up, to say, "This DVD is Offline. Please insert selected DVD, and select Play DVD from the main menu."

So, to get the player started, it's just like if you inserted the DVD, and selected "Play DVD" from the main menu.

One thing, that I just thought about, is there a way possible to distinguish between an offline DVD and one that is actually stored on the HD, while viewing them inside of My Videos? It would be nice, if under the name or something, it would say "Offline" so that if you, perhaps, didn't want to get off the couch, you could select a video that would play from the HD... Just an idea.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Sage User

does this STV have the ability to burn shows to DVD?

also, i'm running SageTV v4 ... and I can't get the "secret extra features" to turn on. I go under detailed settings, highlight the system info box, and type in "5309", but nothing happens.

Before I upgraded to SageTV v4, I was using 2.x, with cayars' 1.8 STV. This was an AWESOME stv, with so many features. I miss having the available space at the top of the screen, and other information, etc.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by mattress; 01-18-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to turn of UI sounds? I am using SageMCE with a MediaMVP and I want to turn off sounds. Currently I am hearing the sounds from the UI on the machine hosting the MVP, is anyone else seeing this?

-Matthew
Old 01-19-2006, 04:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Is there a way to turn of UI sounds? I am using SageMCE with a MediaMVP and I want to turn off sounds.
You can always use brute force:
rename the wav files in the MCE-folder.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattress
does this STV have the ability to burn shows to DVD?

also, i'm running SageTV v4 ... and I can't get the "secret extra features" to turn on. I go under detailed settings, highlight the system info box, and type in "5309", but nothing happens.

Before I upgraded to SageTV v4, I was using 2.x, with cayars' 1.8 STV. This was an AWESOME stv, with so many features. I miss having the available space at the top of the screen, and other information, etc.

Thanks for any help
well i tried starting over from scratch and noticed the "extra features menu" is enabled in the normal SageTV STV, but the features seem to disapear in the SageMCE STV. Is this normal? I would like to have a disk usage bar.

I don't think I have commercial detection working yet... though I have ShowAnalyzer and DirMon configured properly AFAIK..

and finally. Is there an easy way to burn a show to DVD from within sage?
Old 01-19-2006, 08:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattress
well i tried starting over from scratch and noticed the "extra features menu" is enabled in the normal SageTV STV, but the features seem to disapear in the SageMCE STV. Is this normal? I would like to have a disk usage bar.

I don't think I have commercial detection working yet... though I have ShowAnalyzer and DirMon configured properly AFAIK..

and finally. Is there an easy way to burn a show to DVD from within sage?
SageMC is unique. It designed to look and work a certain way. STVI plugins usually can't be imported. If they are worthwhile they usally end up in the design. So you're not going to get a disk usage bar, etc.

Watch a TV video, right-click or use your options key and then enable commercial skipping.

Not really from within Sage. Kjake had wrote a plugin but again-plugins usually don't work in SageMC.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Forgive me if these requests has been asked for already, it is a long thread and I might have missed it. And I'll start by saying nice job!

Would it be possible for the play key to play the media file you have selected without having to go into a submenu to hit play?

When deleting can the next menu ask why you are deleting, similar to what Cayars had; watched liked, not watched liked, watched not like, not watched not liked, cancel. I use IR recording and it was invaluable to me to teach sage what to IR.

After playing a recorded show can it go back to the recorded menu instead of the main menu?

How about a filter for recorded tv that filters out archived things only. Basically the inverse of what the filter archived does now.
Any response to these requests?
To that list I would also like to add the ability to filter recorded shows by original air date, either ascending or descending.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:31 AM

I've been running SageMC on an extender for a while now and must say that it's by far the best out there. Thanks for the great work. I just downloaded the latest dev version, and I have a couple of issues. For at least the last two dev versions, it doesn't seem possible to turn off all of the animations. I'm running Sage as a service, and I have the following in my client properties file:

mlbdude/enable_ui_animations=false
mlbdude/enable_osd_ui_animations=false
mlbdude/enable_mainmenu_ui_animations=false

Most of the animations are disabled, but, when I try to play a song, for example, it appears as though a window is trying to fade in, and I get a small white rectangle in the middle of the screen. The machine that I have running Sage is not the most powerful machine in the world. Any ideas on how to fix this? It didn't start happening until the last two or three dev versions with the additional animations. Also, any ideas on how to disable the SageMC screensaver that displays and morphs album art? I like it, but it's too resource intensive. The tranditional Sage screensaver seems to work a bit better.

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuEng
Also, any ideas on how to disable the SageMC screensaver that displays and morphs album art? I like it, but it's too resource intensive. The tranditional Sage screensaver seems to work a bit better.

Thanks!
I think these are the two you could set to get rid of it.

mlbdude/use_winamp_plugin=false
mlbdude/use_alternate_music_visualize=false
Old 01-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan smit
You can always use brute force:
rename the wav files in the MCE-folder.
Yes, or create another folder within the sounds folder, and move all the wav files to the new folder, then it won't be able to find the sounds at all... That way is a little less labor intensive.

Jan, any luck getting your DVD Pro. setup working? I still haven't been able to come up with a way to make mine behave the same way as yours...
Old 01-19-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuEng
I've been running SageMC on an extender for a while now and must say that it's by far the best out there. Thanks for the great work. I just downloaded the latest dev version, and I have a couple of issues. For at least the last two dev versions, it doesn't seem possible to turn off all of the animations. I'm running Sage as a service, and I have the following in my client properties file:

mlbdude/enable_ui_animations=false
mlbdude/enable_osd_ui_animations=false
mlbdude/enable_mainmenu_ui_animations=false

Most of the animations are disabled, but, when I try to play a song, for example, it appears as though a window is trying to fade in, and I get a small white rectangle in the middle of the screen.
It is possible that I missed some areas on this. I will check that one. if you find some other menu's or actions that cause an animation to go off when it should not let me know.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Jan, any luck getting your DVD Pro. setup working? I still haven't been able to come up with a way to make mine behave the same way as yours...
I just planned to post a question to you:
"Have we run out of any more suggestions to a solution?"

I am afraid we are, but I still hope you come up with more.

Thanks for all your efforts anyway.

Regards, jan