SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-04-2005, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldeffect
Nope. Just confirmed that it happens when a show is live (it was 45 mins into a 1 hour show and totally live). However, i'm wondering if this isn't a Sage thing rather than a SageMC thing...

If I go back to the default STV, I don't get this exact problem, but something that could be related. With the default STV quite often if I try to use Up/Down in Live TV I get a totally blank mini-guide window. Only way to fix is to go into the main menu and back to Live TV at which point the mini-guide is populated again. It looks like the problem in SageMC is just a different manifestation of an underlying Sage bug. Hurrah! (I think )

How about the thing with the top line of the mini-guide starting at random positions. Is that a known problem (that definitely doesn't happen in the default STV).

Oh, and one more thing (I just remembered this, but it is so infuriating when it happens. I can't believe nobody has mentioned it before)... When using the SageMC STV, when Sage wants to change channel only the top line of the message is displayed, so rather than:

"Is it Ok for Sage to change to Sky One at 21:00 to record 24?"

I get:

"Is it Ok for Sage t..."

Which means I have to say yes and then go to the main guide to see what the hell it wanted to do

Sorry to be critical. This is still far and away the nicest STV available.

Nick.
This is a different issue than what I commented on before. This would not be something to do with the STV. Perhaps you are using some custom font settings? What resolution are you running at?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshapir
Hi mlbdude,
It's good to see you you're back working on SageMC STV

I switched to your 16x9 v4 STV from Watter's SageMC v1.01, BUT I'm missing the small but VERY needed change he did -
when looking in the recorded shows, selecting a show which has MORE (more than one show recorded), will give me a list of Sub Titles of the show and not (as in your STV) a list with the show names, which is the same for all.

It would be great if you could change it...

(Hope I'm not repeating - didn't check...)

Thanks,
Oren.
I mentioned this in an earlier message. Like I said before this should not be difficult to incorporate as Watter has already completed the coding.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:27 AM

Due to the nature of Studio, anything done in another STV will need to be rewritten from scratch in this one. I do not have any plans on adding this due to time constraints, but you never know.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
bstowers,

Thanks for the help. I remember some of the original comskip banter and as I recall it was kinda complicated. I do not think this could be much easier. One final question. Do the orphaned .log and .txt files need to be manually deleted? Exactly how do these get cleaned up.
krutaw in the comskip thread created a vbscript the removes all of the orphan files. Very simple and easy to use. Below is the link...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&postcount=494

Thank u krutaw
Old 04-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Due to the nature of Studio, anything done in another STV will need to be rewritten from scratch in this one. I do not have any plans on adding this due to time constraints, but you never know.
Thanks for letting us know. I can live with that. Like I said before stating that this STV is great is an understatement. Thanks for all your work.

On a side note it seems that Studio is the one that needs to be revamped. Those of you who wish to get your hands on it should be careful what you wish for. Studio doesn't seem to be a very flexible development environment.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceghost
I love this STV. I have a couple of questions:

1. How do I go "back" a page in any menu? I don't see any back keys, and hitting "back" on the remote takes me to the movie playing. I've also tried hitting "left" on the remote to see if that takes me back a level.

2. How do I enable more detail on the guide? Cayar's was nice because it listed whether a movie was in HDTV or not....see attached files.
bump
Old 04-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Spaceghost,

You need to bind a key on your remote to the "back" command in Sage to go back a level.

I don't think there is a way to get more detailed information. Part of mlbdude's plan was to make this a simplified UI, and that carries through to show descriptions.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Quite true. On my own SageTV setup I have put the new listing methods into the 16x9 version of SageMC. I'll try to get with mlbdude and see if there's a way to put these sections into his base tree.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This is a different issue than what I commented on before. This would not be something to do with the STV. Perhaps you are using some custom font settings? What resolution are you running at?
I'm not doing anything special with fonts. Resolution is 720x576 (i.e. PAL). I'll post a couple of screen dumps tonight.

BTW, i've experimented more now with the mini-guide display problem (the one you originally commented on) and i'm now 100% convinced that it happens under exactly the same circumstances as the similar problem with the default STV. So SageMC is blameless. I'll hassle Frey instead

Nick.
HW: Silverstone LC03 case, NFS7-V2 motherboard, Athlon XP2600+, 1GB RAM, 200GB HDD, WinTV PVR-350 (Encoding Only), XCard (Decoding) XFX GeForce FX5200, USB-UIRT, MS MCE Remote, RGB-Svid converter for input
SW: Sage 2.2, Girder, MBM, XML-RT, a bunch of custom scripts and programs.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Sage User

mlbdude - Are you satisfied with and willing to add the XML coding for font colors?
Old 04-04-2005, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoti
mlbdude - Are you satisfied with and willing to add the XML coding for font colors?
Watter is going to troubleshoot something on that first. Then when I get time it will be added.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, here are some screen grabs, and an admission of total idiocy in not seeing what has been causing one of my problems:

cutoff.gif - shows the message where sage asks if it is Ok to change channel. As you can see, it's not very useful. This is running the OSD in 720x576

noprob.gif - Nothing wrong with this one, just an example that shows that not all messages get cut off like the one above. This grab shows a long message which does get properly displayed.

longchannel.gif - Is the problem i've been posting about for the last couple of days and just seen what causes it and felt like an idiot for not spotting it before. It writes the information into four "cells", so if the channel name (bottom left) is very long, it makes the start of the episode name (top right) start a long way across. mlbdude - is there any chance (maybe some point in the future when you're really bored) of having the top and botom lines both start on the left of the screen? In the mean time I can change my XML search/replace tool to shorten my channel names.

Thanks,

Nick.
Attached Images
File Type: gif cutoff.gif (12.2 KB, 359 views)
File Type: gif noprob.gif (29.5 KB, 313 views)
File Type: gif longchannel.gif (11.2 KB, 370 views)
HW: Silverstone LC03 case, NFS7-V2 motherboard, Athlon XP2600+, 1GB RAM, 200GB HDD, WinTV PVR-350 (Encoding Only), XCard (Decoding) XFX GeForce FX5200, USB-UIRT, MS MCE Remote, RGB-Svid converter for input
SW: Sage 2.2, Girder, MBM, XML-RT, a bunch of custom scripts and programs.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Sage User

Alright, I've been messing with the colors a bit. I tried a few things with the 'muted colors' from the likes of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, and it ended up looking pretty bland. Here is a shot with some colors. Let me know what you guys think or want changed...

Old 04-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Sage Icon

kayoti: any chance you'd be willing to post your source Maya files for the images?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
kayoti: any chance you'd be willing to post your source Maya files for the images?
Sure. Would you want to work together on a theme?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Sage Icon

I've never used Maya I kind of wanted to have something to tinker around with in Maya to give me an incentive to play with/learn it.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I've never used Maya I kind of wanted to have something to tinker around with in Maya to give me an incentive to play with/learn it.
...What version do you have? I have 5.0, whose files will not open in 6.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Sage Icon

6.5 I found a converter here:
http://www.highend3d.com/files/dl.3d...p&file_id=2936

That supposedly can convert between versions.

EDIT: we should probably take this conversation to PM land so as not to clutter this thread.

Last edited by ToxMox; 04-04-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Sage User

Let me know how that converter works - hopefuly it will be flawless, then I can finally do my homework at home and bring it to class!

Here are the MyTV and MyVideo files.

MyTV
MyVideos

Let me know if you have any questions...
Old 04-05-2005, 06:13 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoti
Alright, I've been messing with the colors a bit. I tried a few things with the 'muted colors' from the likes of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, and it ended up looking pretty bland. Here is a shot with some colors. Let me know what you guys think or want changed...
Looking sweet man. Keep up the good work!!