SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Still loving this stv but having a few issues with the mini-guide since the introduction of 4.1.5 beta. Sometimes up on the remote won't work with it (the mini guide won't come up) and sometimes only a central block of the mini guide will show. Any one else seen this?

edit: should've said, this is on a mvp extender.

Last edited by Alfiegerner; 01-19-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan smit
I just planned to post a question to you:
"Have we run out of any more suggestions to a solution?"

I am afraid we are, but I still hope you come up with more.

Thanks for all your efforts anyway.

Regards, jan
PM Sent.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I think these are the two you could set to get rid of it.

mlbdude/use_winamp_plugin=false
mlbdude/use_alternate_music_visualize=false
Hmm... I just had the opportunity to try this, and I still get the album art screensaver.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuEng
Hmm... I just had the opportunity to try this, and I still get the album art screensaver.
That's odd. I wonder if that is still broken. I know it was a little flaky at first. I have not had my Winamp Milkdrop visual. go away and have it replaced with the "alternative" visual. lately, so it indicates it is working.

Are you using the latest dev. build?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:03 AM

I think I know what this is. It is screen saver related.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Sage Icon

Don't know if this is a Sage core problem, or STV...

The "Save" button in "Series Settings" does not save changes.

For instance, if I change First Runs to Reruns, then hit save, if I go back in, it will still be set to First Runs.

?
Old 01-21-2006, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Don't know if this is a Sage core problem, or STV...

The "Save" button in "Series Settings" does not save changes.

For instance, if I change First Runs to Reruns, then hit save, if I go back in, it will still be set to First Runs.

?
This was fixed in the last dev build. It was a core issue (they changed the mthods to use). Make sure you have the latest Sage installed too.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Sage User

mlbdude, I've been using your stv since nearly the start, and it's great! (and always getting better). I'm glad that you've been able to stick to the theme; the interface is very clean.

A question I have is this: a while back you added the ability to swap between channels while viewing TV by pressing the ok/enter button (at least that's what it is on my remote). Is there a property setting so that I can change this to a different command? Trouble is my remote too easily sends repeats if the button is held just a little too long, and I can't turn that off for this button. The cable box goes nuts via the UIRT as it swaps channels back and forth. I'd like to map to a button that doesn't repeat.

Thanks a lot!
Old 01-21-2006, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonl
mlbdude, I've been using your stv since nearly the start, and it's great! (and always getting better). I'm glad that you've been able to stick to the theme; the interface is very clean.

A question I have is this: a while back you added the ability to swap between channels while viewing TV by pressing the ok/enter button (at least that's what it is on my remote). Is there a property setting so that I can change this to a different command? Trouble is my remote too easily sends repeats if the button is held just a little too long, and I can't turn that off for this button. The cable box goes nuts via the UIRT as it swaps channels back and forth. I'd like to map to a button that doesn't repeat.

Thanks a lot!
This can't easliy be done with a property. If it causes too much of a problem you can always turn it off. Also, it probably would not be too hard to make the change yourself with Studio. Just add a new listener for the command you want and cut and paste the code to it.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
This can't easliy be done with a property. If it causes too much of a problem you can always turn it off. Also, it probably would not be too hard to make the change yourself with Studio. Just add a new listener for the command you want and cut and paste the code to it.
I'll do it via Studio....thanks for the reply!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
This was fixed in the last dev build. It was a core issue (they changed the mthods to use). Make sure you have the latest Sage installed too.
Hmm...seems to be working now. Not sure why it wasn't before. Thanks.

I haven't upgraded to .5 yet, maybe tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm playing with using dynamic menus at the moment. Is it possible to change the icons' locations? At the moment they appear in the bottom right hand corner. I'd like them to move up to where they appear when using the inbuilt menus (about half way up on the right). Any pointers anyone?
Old 01-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Sage User

Series Recordings Not Listing All Channel Possibilities

mlbdude,

I don't know if anyone here has noticed this, but when I search for a title to record, select a particular title, then make it a series recording, the channels I have to choose from are "Any" and just one of the many channels that that title appears on. In order to choose the channel that I REALLY want, I have to look for additional airings and do it that way. In other words, if I want to record Law & Order on NBC, initially the only channels I have to choose from during the series recording settings is ANy or USA. The choices should actually be ANY, NBC, USA, NBC-HD, etc...

Thanks,

dougrob
Old 01-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Sage User

For some reason I can't play any of my music.
The album art doesn't show up.
And I can't see any option to reload or refresh the media library.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner753
For some reason I can't play any of my music.
The album art doesn't show up.
And I can't see any option to reload or refresh the media library.
To get the option to reload/refresh import directories, you need to use the option button on your remote (or ESC key on a keyboard).

Album art will need to have been either stored as part of the MP3 file, or as a file inside of each album's directory, IIRC.

Are you using the Winamp plugin for music, or just the straight SageMC interface?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Hmm...seems to be working now. Not sure why it wasn't before. Thanks.

I haven't upgraded to .5 yet, maybe tomorrow.
I'm still using the latest release of .3. So that should do it. Hopefully this will not change again when the next release version is out.

Old 01-22-2006, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrob
mlbdude,

I don't know if anyone here has noticed this, but when I search for a title to record, select a particular title, then make it a series recording, the channels I have to choose from are "Any" and just one of the many channels that that title appears on. In order to choose the channel that I REALLY want, I have to look for additional airings and do it that way. In other words, if I want to record Law & Order on NBC, initially the only channels I have to choose from during the series recording settings is ANy or USA. The choices should actually be ANY, NBC, USA, NBC-HD, etc...

Thanks,

dougrob
I looked into this and it is pretty not possible in sage without a lot of work. So it will continue to work like it does in MCE. If something changes in the Sage core I will look at it again.

Old 01-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Setup Wizard - Tuning Configuration

Mlbdude,

I have been trying to install a Fusion USB HD tuner and have noticed that the option for using "Use Tuner on Capture Card to tune Antenna/Cable TV" is not available. This is ok on the stock STV and I can see a difference in the structure of the conditionals in the MenuContainer. Not being very adept with Studio I am unsure if I will succeed in fixing this but perhpas you can take a look to see if it is really set up the way you intended.

Thanks for all of your efforts. With very little of my own tweaking this UI is proving to be just about perfect for my needs.

Lynn
Old 01-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
To get the option to reload/refresh import directories, you need to use the option button on your remote (or ESC key on a keyboard).
Thanks, I'll try that out.

Quote:
Album art will need to have been either stored as part of the MP3 file, or as a file inside of each album's directory, IIRC.
Yep, I've got that covered. I could see the album covers when using the default stv. I wasn't sure I just needed to reload the library.

Quote:
Are you using the Winamp plugin for music, or just the straight SageMC interface?
The SageMC interface.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to bind a specific keystroke or Custom1 to a command? Basically I want to use a button on my remote to launch the "My Music Files" as opposed to "My Music"

-Matthew