SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm
Is there a way to bind a specific keystroke or Custom1 to a command? Basically I want to use a button on my remote to launch the "My Music Files" as opposed to "My Music"

-Matthew
Should be fairly easy to do inside of Studio. AFAIK, all the Custom commands are used somewhere (in other words, they aren't "available" unless you steal them from some other command).
Old 01-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

"Mousey" TV Guide

I've roached through the posts looking for an answer, but haven't found the gold nugget yet. I'm one of those people who have wandered from the dark side of using remotes and instead have become accustomed to my wireless trakball. Using all of the mouse oriented navigation is famaliar to me (and more importantly keeps me in the good graces and tender loving of the GF). I have changed the input option from "MCE" to "Sage" style and found that it is 99% of the way there. When I bring up the TV Guide, the abilility to mouse to indivdiual cells is missing. I was wondering if I have to enable some other option or is the guide one element that is not mousable? Any ideas or can you point me in the right area for further research?
Old 01-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I looked into this and it is pretty not possible in sage without a lot of work. So it will continue to work like it does in MCE. If something changes in the Sage core I will look at it again.
I think you misunderstood his problem. I think dougrob is actually reporting a bug and a feature request. I had the same problem when I was using your STV and just remembered when he mentioned it.

The bug is, when creating a favorite and choosing a channel filter, it only gives you the "Any" option or one channel to choose from (in his example USA) as opposed to the default STV that lists "Any" as an option or all of the other channels to choose from.

It would be nice if you could display only the channels that the show was available on, but that is more of a feature request than a bug.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
I think you misunderstood his problem. I think dougrob is actually reporting a bug and a feature request. I had the same problem when I was using your STV and just remembered when he mentioned it.

The bug is, when creating a favorite and choosing a channel filter, it only gives you the "Any" option or one channel to choose from (in his example USA) as opposed to the default STV that lists "Any" as an option or all of the other channels to choose from.

It would be nice if you could display only the channels that the show was available on, but that is more of a feature request than a bug.
Like I mentioned the SageTV core does not support this in a way that I can maintain the UI as I would like. So for now it is not even on the list until this changes.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Like I mentioned the SageTV core does not support this in a way that I can maintain the UI as I would like. So for now it is not even on the list until this changes.
Which part the bug or the feature request? Or both?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:20 PM

Both. There is a way in SageTV for me to get a list of ALL channels the show is on, just no way to display it without a scrolling list. If I could do that I would put it in.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

RSS Plugin Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I had a quick look...
Firstly there is an RSS news feed menu included in the latest SageMC, but it does not work to well.. To fix it:
  • download my latest rss news zip
  • extract the JAR files *only* to the SageTV/JARs directory
  • shutdown sage
  • add/replace the following in Sage.properties or SageClient.properties
    Code:
    mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Author=nielm 
    mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Description=RSS newsfeed reader 
    mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Menu=Rss News Feeds -- nielm -- csm 
    mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Title=RSS News Feeds
    (note this is slightly different to the wik, and *IMPORTANT* there must be no spaces at the end of the lines)
  • start sage
  • load SageMC16x9 (if you have not done already)
  • open Studio (CTRL-SHIFT-F12)
  • Find menu "Detailed Setup"
  • expand it
  • select "AlbumTheme"
  • press CTRL-C
  • find and select menu "Rss News Feeds -- nielm -- csm"
  • press CTRL-SHIFT-V (should add an AlbumTheme in italics)
  • select "MenuProgramTheme" child of the menu "Rss News Feeds -- nielm -- csm"
  • press delete
  • find and select menu "RssNewsItemList -- nielm -- csm"
  • expand it
  • select "AlbumTheme" child
  • press delete
  • Reselect menu "RssNewsItemList -- nielm -- csm"
  • press CTRL-SHIFT-V (should add an AlbumTheme in italics)
  • File-SageAs SageMC-new (or similar)

You should now have a function RSS news plugin menu item...
Nielm posted this fix for the RSS Plugin with SageMC. Mlbdube can you please incorporate this into the most current SageMC development.

Thank you very much both Nielm and Mlbdube without you both SageTV would be just another PVR.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does anyone else who is using a MVP with this STV have slow responce when you press the stop button during viewing a recording? It seems to take up to 15 sec to bring up the window that lets you choose what to do. Is there anyway you could set it so that stop will just stop and bring you back to the main menu? When using the default STV the stop button responds must more quickly. Thanks for the information.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigfink
Does anyone else who is using a MVP with this STV have slow responce when you press the stop button during viewing a recording? It seems to take up to 15 sec to bring up the window that lets you choose what to do. Is there anyway you could set it so that stop will just stop and bring you back to the main menu? When using the default STV the stop button responds must more quickly. Thanks for the information.
I've just been using my MVP tonight, and noticed the same thing. I am using an older version of the STV on the MVP (it's still a .stv file).
Old 01-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

remove album titles in My Music view

In the screenshots in post #1, there are shots of My Music with no text, album titles only, and title and artist.

Where do you configure this?
Old 01-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
In the screenshots in post #1, there are shots of My Music with no text, album titles only, and title and artist.

Where do you configure this?
Right click while you are in that screen and like magic a box will pop up that let's you change it.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

thanks, i knew i had seen it somewhere.

no if i could only figure out why some album pix don't show up
Old 01-30-2006, 06:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Same thing here....
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 01-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
thanks, i knew i had seen it somewhere.

no if i could only figure out why some album pix don't show up
If you've recently stored the album pictures, you may need to do a media refresh, I think it's also available from the "options" menu...
Old 01-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Me too. What I've noticed is that when I press stop the CPU on my server hits 100%. But, I'd noticed the same thing with the default STV.

Rick...
Old 01-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Now playing screen for mp3s

I'm not sure how much this involves Deria's plugin for winamp, but I thought I'd post here first and move it if needed.

First off, I love the stv and the plugin, thanks for your hard work. I have a suggestion.

I didn't give windows media center much time before I dumped it for Sage, but one thing I can't find is a now playing screen when playing mp3s. I know it has the information at the bottom left. What I would like to see is a window (now playing) that may be divided into halves. One half would have the basic track information of the current track which would linclude album art, tag info?, progress, and maybe next track. The second half of the screen could be either/both(a toggle) for visualization(milkdrop) or current queue/playlist.

I think this kind of thing was able to be done with Xlobby, but I'm not certain: windowed visualization of milkdrop within a skin.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage User

Just curious - does the latest dev build have anything different from the current release? They both have the same "Date Added" and I didn't see a version/release number on the current build.

Thanks,
Jeff

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 01-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Both. There is a way in SageTV for me to get a list of ALL channels the show is on, just no way to display it without a scrolling list. If I could do that I would put it in.
OK, please don't take this the wrong way, and forgive me if I am being dense. I do not know the first thing about studio and I limited in my programming skills to batch files and kixtart scripts (if you even want to call that programming). I am still not sure you understand, that what we are asking for is already working in the core application. Without any custom STV or STVi's you can create a favorite, and specify which channel you want to record from - either ANY channel, or one of the other channels that you have in your channel lineup. All of the channels are there for you to choose from.

After loading the SAGEMC STV this functionality is broken, when you go to choose which channel to record from you can choose ANY channel, or ONE channel like USA, the rest of the channels from your channel lineup are not available for you to choose from. It only lists one or two channels and ANY. Does that make sense?

Sorry if you knew exactly what I meant from the beginning, to me it sounded like you thought we were asking for the list to be made up of only the channels that the show was on. This would be nice, but it is separate from the problem.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Sage User

Problem with newest Dev build

Long time user of SageMC first time poster. After I installed this STV I was finally able to talk my wife into trashing the old replayTV unit. Very happy and impressed with all of your hardwork.

Until this weekend I was running Sage 4.0 and the latest full SageMCE. Yesterday I downloaded and installed Sage 4.1.6 and the latest Dev build. At first after the Sage install I went to detailed setup and selected sagemc_169.xml as the new stv. Nothing happened. So I closed Sage and edited the properties file to point at the sagemc_169.xml vice sagetv3.xml. When I started Sage it froze on the loading screen at User Interface Manager is initializing. Or something to that effect. I went back and changed it to Sagemc_169.stv and all is well again. Any ideas?

I also have one other minor problem. I have searched all the forums looking for an answer to this and only seen one person who had something similar happen. When listening to music I noticed a flat note. It is kind of hard to describe but it is almost like the sound range is reaching it's maximum and stopping. It sounds horrible but the wife doesn't even notice. Anyway the only way I was able to get it to stop was to change the audio to default wave out. It sounds perfect but now I don't get any visualizations and the songs will end and switch to the next about 20 seconds early. So which is the lesser of two evils? BTW the sound problem does not appear when I play the same song in WMP. I am using a sound blaster Live 24 bit. Just let me know and I can let you know anyone config or hardware information.

Thanks for any help you can provide and once again, great job.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar7744
. It sounds perfect but now I don't get any visualizations and the songs will end and switch to the next about 20 seconds early.
Well, I know this doesn't help, but I experience this same problem. Songs end about 10-20s early. I don't know why this is and have never seen anyone on the forums post a similar problem. I generally don't listen to music on my htpc, so that's why I never bothered to mention this either.