SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I wonder if we could talk anyone into creating a fully compliant 4x3 SageMC? Anyone?
How much work would be involved here, IYHO? I'm using 4:3 right now, until I go HD, (hopefully, early this year). I'm really hoping the new 42" Westinghouse will do it for me, but we'll see when some reviews come out.

If it's not a lot of effort, I might consider doing it. However, what are we looking at doing when you release a new version of 16:9? Would I have to redo everything at that point? Too bad we can't have a properties switch for it, but I imagine that's probably not very possible.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
How much work would be involved here, IYHO? I'm using 4:3 right now, until I go HD, (hopefully, early this year). I'm really hoping the new 42" Westinghouse will do it for me, but we'll see when some reviews come out.

If it's not a lot of effort, I might consider doing it. However, what are we looking at doing when you release a new version of 16:9? Would I have to redo everything at that point? Too bad we can't have a properties switch for it, but I imagine that's probably not very possible.
It would not be too hard to do, but would take a little time. I think I origionally converted SageMC to 16x9 in a days worth of work. It could also be engineered to use properties but that would take more time. It would probably have to be a branch and unless the developer was willing to continue to put time in it, it would probably be feature frozen against the normal SageMC. However, that does not stop the developer from putting in their own features.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 02-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I wonder if we could talk anyone into creating a fully compliant 4x3 SageMC? Anyone?
While I would love to take up the sword so to speak, I can honestly say that I do not have enough time in the day... Between work and kids, right now, it would not be fair to either my family nor the user base.

However, that being said, having one specific user also has it's downside. I am sure that there are lots of able bodied folks who would love to contribute to the cause. Would it be possible to have folks contribute code snippets for you to incorporate, yet still maintain the simplistic look and feel that you have striven for all along? As the C.V.O. (Chief Visionary Officer) of this project, you could pick and choose the code snippets that were sent your way... It would also allow for a somewhat faster development cycle, as well as taking some of the workload off of you, while still allowing you the creative freedom to keep the codebase as you see fit.

-Jason
Old 02-03-2006, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
While I would love to take up the sword so to speak, I can honestly say that I do not have enough time in the day... Between work and kids, right now, it would not be fair to either my family nor the user base.

However, that being said, having one specific user also has it's downside. I am sure that there are lots of able bodied folks who would love to contribute to the cause. Would it be possible to have folks contribute code snippets for you to incorporate, yet still maintain the simplistic look and feel that you have striven for all along? As the C.V.O. (Chief Visionary Officer) of this project, you could pick and choose the code snippets that were sent your way... It would also allow for a somewhat faster development cycle, as well as taking some of the workload off of you, while still allowing you the creative freedom to keep the codebase as you see fit.

-Jason
That would be great unfortunately the way an STV is it is not really possible to do that. It would pretty much involve me recoding everything - unless they made it an STVI. THough making an STVI is tedious and no fun at all.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:03 AM

New Dev Build

Looked into it and it was not too hard. You can now configure the size of the left and right panel sizes. By default they are configured for 16x9 but can now be changed to better fit a 4x3 display.

mlbdude/ui/leftmenuwidth=0.30
mlbdude/ui/rightpanewidth=0.67

The above settings I tried quick and seem to look good at 4x3. Feel free to alter for your own tastes.

Let me know if you find any menus that I missed not adhering to the property setting.

Last edited by mlbdude; 02-03-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Let me know if you find any menus that I missed not adhering to the property setting.
The information screen under the Recorded TV screen may have been missed. In addition, the Title of the recordings still truncates when it is too long. In addition, when either the watched or the don't like icons are present, they cut into the date column. This appears just on the info screen, so it may be just the proerties on the specific screen.

-Jason

PS: You have always been 'johnny on the spot' when it comes to bugs and general requests. Your work is very much appreciated!

Last edited by Jason; 02-03-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
In addition, when either the watched or the don't like icons are present, they cut into the date column. This appears just on the info screen, so it may be just the proerties on the specific screen.
I spoke to soon... the title may not get truncated on the rest of the screens, but the date does... For example, the title "The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane" shows just fine, but the date column, which shows 'Today' (under the Movies screen...) get truncated to 'To...'

-Jason
Old 02-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Sage Icon

Flippin' sweet. Man, good to know that something I "contributed" helped out in the STV.

I plan on giving this a try tonight or tomorrow...

BTW, is there any way to put comments in the sage.properties file? I'd love to be able to put comments in some places (this is a prime example of one of them), or be able to comment out a line, and replace it with another.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
mlbdude/ui/leftmenuwidth=0.30
mlbdude/ui/rightpanewidth=0.67
So, when I get a 16x9 TV, I just delete the above two lines from my properties file, and all will default back to 16x9?

Any comment about the comments in the properties files? (No pun intended...)
Old 02-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Recent Recordings >> NUMB3RS

The left menu seems to overlap the right side just a little. Also, it seems to do this if you go:

Recorded TV >> (Select a show that has "MORE") Lost

And the left menu (including the selection bar) overlaps the right menu.

EDIT:

Also happens in My Music. View by Artist, select an artist that has multiple albums, and then the left menu overlaps. Might be on more menus, but that's all the time I had to check on some...

Or do I just need to adjust the setting in Properties? The left menus before that seem fine though. Seems like it's the deep down menus that aren't paying attention to the left menu rule.

Last edited by geogecko; 02-03-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Sage User

Anyone have this problem:
I'm using TT to play back ripped dvds, sleeping sage on run... when TT exits, sage pops back up, but the task bar has the focus with a flashing sage icon... need to click on sage to get it to have the focus again... very annoying.

Has anyone else seen this or have any idea how to fix?

Thanks,
jeff

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 02-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Try this:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...033#post138033

Hope it helps.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Sage User

YES!
Thank you!

Jeff

Old 02-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi, I was hoping I can get some help

!st of all great plugin, it really makes SageTV!!

I've been setting up SageMC with an external player, I would like to use Theatertek with my ripped dvds. I used DVDshrink and have outputted them all to my D: each in it's own folder

I then have the following commands in sage properties (not client property file)

mlbdude/use_external_dvd_player=false
mlbdude/use_external_media_player=false

mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=.IFO,.ifo,.avi,.AVI

my dvd comand script is

"c:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\TheaterTek DVD.exe" /NOSPLASH /AP 2 /PL %1

my media command script is

"c:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\TheaterTek DVD.exe" /NOSPLASH /AP 2 /PL %1

When I hit My DVD the theatertek loads up and I would assume would play the DVD in the DVD-rom

However when I go to my Videos, and select the ripped DVD and hit play it doesn't do anything. When I play the defualt (sageTV DVD player it works fine and when I play in Theatertek it plays fine. Any ideas, what am I doing wrong????
Old 02-05-2006, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuEng
I've been running SageMC on an extender for a while now and must say that it's by far the best out there. Thanks for the great work. I just downloaded the latest dev version, and I have a couple of issues. For at least the last two dev versions, it doesn't seem possible to turn off all of the animations. I'm running Sage as a service, and I have the following in my client properties file:

mlbdude/enable_ui_animations=false
mlbdude/enable_osd_ui_animations=false
mlbdude/enable_mainmenu_ui_animations=false

Most of the animations are disabled, but, when I try to play a song, for example, it appears as though a window is trying to fade in, and I get a small white rectangle in the middle of the screen. The machine that I have running Sage is not the most powerful machine in the world. Any ideas on how to fix this? It didn't start happening until the last two or three dev versions with the additional animations. Also, any ideas on how to disable the SageMC screensaver that displays and morphs album art? I like it, but it's too resource intensive. The tranditional Sage screensaver seems to work a bit better.

Thanks!
I just tried the latest dev version, and I still have the problems mentioned above. Nevertheless, it's still the best interface out there! Thanks for the hard work.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Sage User

If you are running the latest TheaterTek (anything after 2.2?), you don't use /PL anymore:

"C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\TheaterTek DVD.exe" /NOSPLASH /AP 2 %1

That's what's in mine and works great.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Old 02-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

No go same exact problem, changed the script and works again when I hit Play DVD but no love when I hit play on ripped dvd in my video
Old 02-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

these are all IFO viles broken up naturally using dvdshrink, again they work in the native Sagetv player but not when I'm using theatertek, am I missing a setting in my properties??
Old 02-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Sage User

Hmm... I'm using DVDShrink 3.2 ripping to 1 GB VOBS w/ ifo file. Creating VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories.

my relevent sage properties look like:
mlbdude/use_external_dvd_player=true
mlbdude/use_external_media_player=false
mlbdude/use_external_media_player_tv_files=false
mlbdude/use_external_sleep_first=true

From my videos, i can play every ripped dvd, no problem.

I'm running the latest dev build of sageMCE w/ sageTV 4.1.4 and TT 2.2.1.

What versions are you running?

Jeff

Old 02-06-2006, 01:30 AM
Sage User

I'm sorry if this has already been covered. I've searched and found similar issues, but not the same issue.

I've created a folder for "other programs."
I've put a jpg and lnk with the same name in the folder.
I've changed sageclient.properties to point to the "other programs" folder.
When I go to the "other programs" menu, the link is there, but when I click on it I get a dialog box that says, "Windows cannot open this file" then it asks me what program I would like to open it with.

This is an awesome stv. Thanks for your help.