SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igraul
I'm sorry if this has already been covered. I've searched and found similar issues, but not the same issue.

I've created a folder for "other programs."
I've put a jpg and lnk with the same name in the folder.
I've changed sageclient.properties to point to the "other programs" folder.
When I go to the "other programs" menu, the link is there, but when I click on it I get a dialog box that says, "Windows cannot open this file" then it asks me what program I would like to open it with.

This is an awesome stv. Thanks for your help.
If I remember there was something odd with the other programs folder - it cannot have spaces in any folder names.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Sage User

Sorry, I should have been more specific my "other programs" folder is actually named "sagetv_op"...no spaces. Any other ideas? Thanks again.

Last edited by igraul; 02-06-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hello,

Been using this stv for a good while and love it.

I have a few questions re. external media player and my videos. I am currently using Zoomplayer and DVDLobby to playback and catalog/select my ripped DVD's. I would like to eliminate DVDLobby and use My Videos in sageMCE (still using zoomplayer with the external player setting). I am already using DVD Profiler so that part is done (except for verifying that the file names of the ripped DVD's exactly matches the DVD profiler name). My question is can a ripped DVD stored on my server be played back on my client machine? I have shared the drive holding the DVD's and mapped it as a network drive on my client. Will this work and is there anything else I need to do to enable it?

TIA

Jesse
Old 02-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

am using the SageMC plugin and it works great except that when I output to my 16x9 HDTV the menu screen does not fill the entire screen, 20% of the left side is left black. The video plays just fine, but it looks as if the menu screens are still 4x3. I dont understand why. I am using latest plugin with latest dev, and SageTV 4.16 beta. Any ideas why this is occuring. I have messed around with the UI property changes but they squish the writing or expand it but does not change the blue menu screen, it stays the same width.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Sage User

I did a clean install of everything and it was fixed. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler
am using the SageMC plugin and it works great except that when I output to my 16x9 HDTV the menu screen does not fill the entire screen, 20% of the left side is left black. The video plays just fine, but it looks as if the menu screens are still 4x3. I dont understand why. I am using latest plugin with latest dev, and SageTV 4.16 beta. Any ideas why this is occuring. I have messed around with the UI property changes but they squish the writing or expand it but does not change the blue menu screen, it stays the same width.
SOunds like you have the Overscan settings in Sage setup wrong. You can adjust those in Detailed Setup.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 02-06-2006, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Hello,

Been using this stv for a good while and love it.

I have a few questions re. external media player and my videos. I am currently using Zoomplayer and DVDLobby to playback and catalog/select my ripped DVD's. I would like to eliminate DVDLobby and use My Videos in sageMCE (still using zoomplayer with the external player setting). I am already using DVD Profiler so that part is done (except for verifying that the file names of the ripped DVD's exactly matches the DVD profiler name). My question is can a ripped DVD stored on my server be played back on my client machine? I have shared the drive holding the DVD's and mapped it as a network drive on my client. Will this work and is there anything else I need to do to enable it?

TIA

Jesse
As long as both the server and the client can access the DVD's in the same way (same drive letter or UNC) then it should work fine.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Sage Expert

Razor Skin for SageMC

Here are the (blatently ripped...)'Razor' skin images for use with SageMC. The original author is Raven from the MediaPortal website. (http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.so...er=asc&start=0)

Simply extract this archive to ..\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE and add the corresponding files to your sage.properties file:

ui/themes/X/image_root=Images_Razor
ui/themes/X/title=Razor

...where 'X' indates the number of themes that you have.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...?do=file&id=54
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preview.JPG (3.9 KB, 294 views)
Old 02-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

On my schedule screen SageMC is only displaying the next 7 upcoming recordings. I see that the screenshot on the WIKI is displaying the next 25 upcoming recordings, how do I change this number?

Also, I would like to totally disable the fading that was implemented in the last Sage Client upgrade. I thought I had read a way to do this but I can't find it anywhere. I was able to set all of the fade durations to 0, but the fading still actually occurs.

One other thing, is there a way to make SageMC not automatically tune a channel when SageTV first starts up or comes out of sleep mode?

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
On my schedule screen SageMC is only displaying the next 7 upcoming recordings. I see that the screenshot on the WIKI is displaying the next 25 upcoming recordings, how do I change this number?

Also, I would like to totally disable the fading that was implemented in the last Sage Client upgrade. I thought I had read a way to do this but I can't find it anywhere. I was able to set all of the fade durations to 0, but the fading still actually occurs.

One other thing, is there a way to make SageMC not automatically tune a channel when SageTV first starts up or comes out of sleep mode?

Thanks!
SageMC will display all upcoming recordings that are scheduled. I just happened to have 25 in that capture.

To disable the fading there is a property you must set to false. Not sure what it is from work, someone or I will post what it is.

SageMC will not automaticlly tune a channel, but SageTV will if you have video background or video preview set to Always instead of If Active.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Jason, I'd like to try out that new theme. The download link on the information page doesn't work though at the moment.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...id=54&act=down

brings a 404 error.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
Jason, I'd like to try out that new theme. The download link on the information page doesn't work though at the moment.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...id=54&act=down

brings a 404 error.
Hmmm... Somewhere there is a problem. Although the forum says that the file was uploaded successfully, it is not.

Heck... even when I upload it withing this post, it says it is an invalid file. Hmmm...

-Jason
Old 02-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Sage User

Sorry for the dumb question...

I am having trouble understanding how to install the lastest dev build. I read the wiki and it says to overwrite your existing stv. I unzipped the file and it is an xml file. I think I am missing something. How do I install it? Any help on how to install it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Sage User

You have to go into the sage.properties file with sage shutdown and change the STV from sageMC169.stv to sageMC169.xml.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar7744
You have to go into the sage.properties file with sage shutdown and change the STV from sageMC169.stv to sageMC169.xml.
..easy enough. Thanks for your help!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Found another slight problem

Don't know if you missed this or if I'm just not doing something correctly. Now I am noticing that the option to "Add Channel To Lineup" is not available for my Fusion USB tuner as well once it has been initially configured. When I switch to the Sage stock STV it then becomes available again.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
Mlbdude,

I have been trying to install a Fusion USB HD tuner and have noticed that the option for using "Use Tuner on Capture Card to tune Antenna/Cable TV" is not available. This is ok on the stock STV and I can see a difference in the structure of the conditionals in the MenuContainer. Not being very adept with Studio I am unsure if I will succeed in fixing this but perhpas you can take a look to see if it is really set up the way you intended.

Thanks for all of your efforts. With very little of my own tweaking this UI is proving to be just about perfect for my needs.

Lynn
Old 02-08-2006, 09:03 PM

Playing real media video

I'm trying to play .rmvb files. I've configured the external program to be real player but the problem is that i can't see those file in sagetv. the program only lets me see the video files that it supports. Isn't there a way to tell the program that .rmvb and .mov etc.. are also video files? or is there a different way to access them?

thanks for this excellent STV btw...
Old 02-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Jason could you place a link to your skin on another server, or send it to me and I'll serve it off my site
Old 02-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69
Jason could you place a link to your skin on another server, or send it to me and I'll serve it off my site
Try as I might, I am having a devil of a time to upload this...

I get the following...

Quote:
Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /downloads.php on line 511

Warning: rename(./downloads/jason-razor-skin-for-sagemc.zip,./downloads/jason-razor-skin-for-sagemc.zip): No such file or directory in /downloads.php on line 579

Opus: Can you throw a stupid guy a bone? What am I messing up?

-Jason
Old 02-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Opus: Can you throw a stupid guy a bone? What am I messing up?
I don't really know what was happening... maybe the file never actually got uploaded, so there wasn't one to edit or download? I uploaded a blank zip file as a placeholder to see what would happen & that worked ok... so anyone downloading it now doesn't get an error, but they also don't get anything useful.

Try editing the download & re-uploading your zip file to see what happens now.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.