SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Recent Recordings >> NUMB3RS

The left menu seems to overlap the right side just a little. Also, it seems to do this if you go:

Recorded TV >> (Select a show that has "MORE") Lost

And the left menu (including the selection bar) overlaps the right menu.

EDIT:

Also happens in My Music. View by Artist, select an artist that has multiple albums, and then the left menu overlaps. Might be on more menus, but that's all the time I had to check on some...

Or do I just need to adjust the setting in Properties? The left menus before that seem fine though. Seems like it's the deep down menus that aren't paying attention to the left menu rule.
Any word on if these are fixable? It seems like it's mainly the lower level on the "My TV" menus, and then the My Music that aren't following the scaling rules you implemented. Looks like it's the right side frame that's not working, possibly, because the left frame seems to stay in the same place.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mlbdude,

Been using your 16x9 STV for a while now and I love it!

But just today I finally felt adventurous enough to set up commercial skipping. First a little background, I have full installs of Sage running on two machines, and often connect to one machine using the other as a client.

So I installed and configured DirMon and ShowAnalyzer on the first machine. Got both running, they appear to be working properly. Text files appear in the Sage recordings folder, and when I run Sage on that machine, marked areas appear in the timeline for the program, and it auto-skips the areas.

But when I connect from the *other* machine (which is also using the 16x9 STV) and view the same (previously recorded) program, none of this happens. The markings on the timeline are not there, and commercials are not skipped.

I haven't installed DirMon and ShowAnalyzer on the second machine, does that matter?

Sage version on both is 4.1.6.

Any ideas?

Eric Law
Old 02-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw
But when I connect from the *other* machine (which is also using the 16x9 STV) and view the same (previously recorded) program, none of this happens. The markings on the timeline are not there, and commercials are not skipped.
I bet that your Sage settings show your TV path as something like "C:\video\tv\whatever" - in other words, you are using local paths. For the commercial skip to work, you need to use UNC paths - like "\\Sage-Server\TV\whatever".

When the STV tries to load the comskip file, it uses the path from the server. So your second computer is looking for "C:\video\tv\comskip.txt", which it obviously won't find.

Do a search here for "UNC Paths", and you will find plenty of help setting this up correctly.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sigh...

Great idea, but unfortunately it didn't work!

Changed the setting from the client ("second machine"), verified the change from the server ("first machine"), even restarted the Sage service on the server. No luck.

Eric Law
Old 02-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Simply changing to UNC paths for the video directories won't change the paths for existing recordings; you would have to make SageTV see them in some other location. You could add a UNC path to a slightly different directory name, close SageTV, rename the video dir to the new name & then restart SageTV. It will then see that the recordings are no longer in their old locations & find them in the 'new' UNC path.

Note: either DON'T do this while the EPG is about to update its data, or use the property mentioned in the v4.1.5 release notes:

Quote:
8. Added property wizard/disable_maintenance (which defaults to false). If set to true then the DB will not cleanup any objects. This is useful when moving the DB between systems and the location of files have changed in the filesystem.
- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Here are the (blatently ripped...)'Razor' skin images for use with SageMC. The original author is Raven from the MediaPortal website. (http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.so...er=asc&start=0)

Simply extract this archive to ..\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE and add the corresponding files to your sage.properties file:

ui/themes/X/image_root=Images_Razor
ui/themes/X/title=Razor

...where 'X' indates the number of themes that you have.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...?do=file&id=54
What happened to this? I still get an empty zip file when doing the download...

I tried to find the Razor MP skin myself, but it doesn't seem to appear in the beginning or end of the thread...
Old 02-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi, I'm still having problems with the menu still not filling the left part of my HDTV, I tried changing to overscan menu in detailed menus with no luck, it moves the menu but the left side is still not hidden. I was wondering if there is a setting in the properties file to fill the screen. The video pic is perfectly sized however, I'm not sure if it could be my video card ATI software, however windows xp is perfectly centered. Anybody have any idea???
Old 02-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Jason.

Hope your theme turned out better than mine. A lot of the original images in the original image theme were not copied over when I tried to do it. In other words, the selection bar in mine is green, and the original guide color scheme is still in tact, instead of having the metal look to the guide.

I assume just some of the new images have new names, instead of the ones that SageMC uses. Maybe I should have used the "Metal" theme currently existing in SageMC as the basis for this one, instead of "Images."
Old 02-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I figured out, why I was having problems with the Ui not filling my HDTV, I have 2 monitors set up my primary monitor is a 1600x1200 and my HDTV is 1776x1000 when I disable my primary monitor or swith the primary setting to HDTV the UI fills the enitre screen. I don't like the idea of having my TV the primary monitor so I think on start up I'm going to have to automate the resolution to 1776x1000 on both monitors and swith to 1600x1200 after I have SageTV loaded. I think this should fill both screens, but I'm not sure. I wish there was a way SageTV could be "set" to start up on the second monitor like Theatertek or other HTPC software.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler
I wish there was a way SageTV could be "set" to start up on the second monitor
SageTV may not be able to do it by itself, but there are tools to do it...

I've not tried with SageTV but I use UltraMon on a laptop to guve me dual taskbars. It also has a scripting interface that should enable you to move SageTV onto a specific monitor. It's not free though.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna
SageTV may not be able to do it by itself, but there are tools to do it...

I've not tried with SageTV but I use UltraMon on a laptop to guve me dual taskbars. It also has a scripting interface that should enable you to move SageTV onto a specific monitor. It's not free though.
I would think if you have a recent Nvidia video card, you could assign SageTV (application) in Nview to the desktop (or monitor) that you want it to appear on...and it's free, as long as you have an Nvidia video card...
Old 02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

unfortunately i have a ati x800, I dont know if there is anything in the catalysist center that can allow me to do this, I really dont want to get another software, I'm already juggling SageTV, Theatertek, and girder, and Mytheatre
Old 02-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler
unfortunately i have a ati x800, I dont know if there is anything in the catalysist center that can allow me to do this, I really dont want to get another software, I'm already juggling SageTV, Theatertek, and girder, and Mytheatre
That's it?!#%$&*

Consider yourself lucky. I thought a software suite was what HTPCin' was all about...

Actually, I'm only using SageTV right now. I haven't really had an interest in using TT yet, but that might change, when I decide that I want to use ffdshow.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
when I decide that I want to use ffdshow.
You can use ffdshow in Sage
Old 02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
You can use ffdshow in Sage
WHAT? You're kidding me? Do you have proof?

That's good news, I didn't know that...
Old 02-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

well, I think it's a lot of software,

Anyway I sent in a tech request to see if there is a way of "fixing" the resolution in Sage somehow that way it doesn't take the resolution from the primary monitor.

I also was having probs with getting theatertek to work in Sage...you have to make sure that theatertek is set to autoplay...duh...anyway all is good except for the UI but getting there
Old 02-15-2006, 04:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
WHAT? You're kidding me? Do you have proof?
What, proof like this (dscaler histogram ala ffdshow screenshot from Sage):

or this:
http://users.mcleodusa.net/r/ratpac/..._contrast.html

You've been able to do it for ages :
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...hlight=ffdshow

Quote:
That's good news, I didn't know that...
However, these properties (added in late 2.x or early 3.x IIRC) make it easier/better:
videoframe/dvd_video_postprocessing_filter=
videoframe/video_postprocessing_filter=
Old 02-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm...lots of good reading.

Does ffdshow really improve the picture (SD recording) on an SDTV?

Secondly, would ffdshow make recorded SD look nicer on an HDTV?

Also, what goes in those two properties that you listed? Is that talked about somewhere (in the two links you provided)?

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2006, 05:54 PM

I don't think ffdshow makes SD 480i content look better. The deinterlacing via DXVA seems to work better. I use it for DVD's though in Sage.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just downloaded version 0.79.24 of comskip the other day, and have been unable to get it to run automatically via the latest dev build of SageMC. The older version of comskip that I was using works fine.

Has anyone been able to get the newest version of comskip (0.79.24) to work with SageMC?

Thanks.