SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC + Firstruns

Have we made any attempts at maybe coloring first run shows, or putting an icon on the interface?
Old 02-16-2006, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Does ffdshow really improve the picture (SD recording) on an SDTV?

Secondly, would ffdshow make recorded SD look nicer on an HDTV?
Yeah, the biggest problem, by far, with recorded SD is deinterlacing, and until somebody gets off their but and does something, there's nothing that can compare to DXVA adaptive deinterlacing (especially with film detection ).

If JohnAd ever finishes Dscaler 5 and gets film detection and deinterlacing on par with Dscaler 4, then we'll have something to talk about.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Okay. So, what would you recommend me using for my setup. I currently have only an SDTV, with a PVR-500, and will have a FusionHDTV 5 Lite, with OTA antenna.

Should I look into using dScaler and ffdshow now, or wait until I get an HDTV?
Old 02-18-2006, 05:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

mbldude, I have a feature request

Any chance of including the favourite channels import: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15933

I think this would be a great feature.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Okay. So, what would you recommend me using for my setup. I currently have only an SDTV, with a PVR-500, and will have a FusionHDTV 5 Lite, with OTA antenna.

Should I look into using dScaler and ffdshow now, or wait until I get an HDTV?
Hey Gecko,
If you're going to be getting HD broadcast, then you probably won't want to be using dScaler and ffdshow. You can't use DxVA with those, and without that, CPU usage for decoding HD goes way up.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Sage Expert

I have a STV feature request. I was wondering if it would be possible to add two things from the default STV?

1) The time bar reflecting the true duration of the recording. When you add padding to a recorded show, it's not reflected in the time bar. The time bar still displays only the EPG duration. The default STV shows the entire length of the recording, would it be possible to add that to SageMC?

2) The two tierd listing of recorded TV. In the default STV there is a "group by" option and a "sort by" option. For people like me, who keep tons of recorded shows, its really helpful to have more options for sorting.

Thanks for reading!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow
I have a STV feature request. I was wondering if it would be possible to add two things from the default STV?

1) The time bar reflecting the true duration of the recording. When you add padding to a recorded show, it's not reflected in the time bar. The time bar still displays only the EPG duration. The default STV shows the entire length of the recording, would it be possible to add that to SageMC?

2) The two tierd listing of recorded TV. In the default STV there is a "group by" option and a "sort by" option. For people like me, who keep tons of recorded shows, its really helpful to have more options for sorting.

Thanks for reading!
Agreed.

1. I've noticed this as well. Another thing that is strange, is that if you add padding, say, to the beginning (5 minutes), when you start playback, instead of the playback starting at 7:55PM, it still starts at 8:00PM, you have to rewind to get back to the 5 minutes of padding.

2. Yep, ever since I started "not deleting anything" as mlbdude told me before, the amount of shows is creeping up, and will only be more, when I install another 250GB drive that is coming this week...

I'm also sure you were just waiting on a new dev build to do this (or, more like you were busy working on *another* STV that we won't mention here...cool BTW), but the property setting for the left and right frame menus (for 4:3 users) are annoying. Not annoying, but the fact that some screens aren't following the rules (bottom level of a show, just before you hit Play), and I believe in music.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Sage User

I'm running the latest dev build of sageMC 16x9, and I've gone through Deria's instructions for setting up the winamp plugin. I can now get sage to play back music through winamp, yeah!

However, I cannot get the visualizations working properly!

I added the following to my sageclient.properties file:
mlbdude/use_winamp_plugin=true

started up sage, pick some MP3 files from the my music interface, play it and then select visualize. I get nothing but a black screen - doesn't even attemp to use winamp (from what i can tell). If i exit sage, i can play the same song, and manually start the visualization (Milkdrop) and it works perfectly. If i set the visualization to start playing automatically in WinAmp (5.13), it starts up when the song starts playing (even inside sage), but i lose control over sage - obviously not the way it should work...

Am i missing something here? Sholdn't SageMC16x9 hook into the visualization menu item to kick off the Winamp visualization?

TIA,
Jeff

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 02-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

That check box for starting the visualization should be unchecked, in order for it to work inside of SageMC, I know that first hand.

Sounds like a Winamp issue to me, I'd double check all the Winamp settings in Deria's setup instructions, and make sure you have all the right settings.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Another thing that is strange, is that if you add padding, say, to the beginning (5 minutes), when you start playback, instead of the playback starting at 7:55PM, it still starts at 8:00PM, you have to rewind to get back to the 5 minutes of padding.
Apparently its supposed to work that way "Start padding time does not get played". I asked this question a while ago and was told that that padding was an addition to the normal show so is not normally required.
Personally I have channels where its always required, so I always have to press rewind straight after play.

Last edited by pjwerdna; 02-20-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna
Apparently its supposed to work that way "Start padding time does not get played". I asked this question a while ago and was told that that padding was an addition to the normal show so is not normally required.
Personally I have channels where its always required, so I always have to press rewind straight after play.
Yep, it's rude to find out that your show has already been on for 30 or 60 seconds, BEFORE you had the padding!

I don't mind the rewinding, but my wife, I'm not sure, will understand that. Operation like a VCR would be better.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
That check box for starting the visualization should be unchecked, in order for it to work inside of SageMC, I know that first hand.

Sounds like a Winamp issue to me, I'd double check all the Winamp settings in Deria's setup instructions, and make sure you have all the right settings.
Aha! I figured it out... user error.
I THOUGHT i was using the latest stv (the .xml file), but when i double checked, it was using the original .stv file which has no support for the plugin.

Jeff

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 02-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCipher
Aha! I figured it out... user error.
I THOUGHT i was using the latest stv (the .xml file), but when i double checked, it was using the original .stv file which has no support for the plugin.

Jeff
Good job, buddy. Ha, it's usually something like that. Glad you figured it out. At least it didn't take you a week to figure out the unchecked problem I had!
Old 02-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Sage Icon

DVD Profilier Offline Imports seems to have gotten messed up. When you go select the offline movies you want to import, by using the little circle indicators, the only option given after selecting, is "Cancel?"
Old 02-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

I recently started using sage for ripped DVD playback and it is working great. I was already using DVD profiler so I followed the directions in the wiki and got it set up in sageMCE. All was good on both the main machine and my pc client. Movies showed up and played, cover art worked, no problems.

I recently added a new ripped movie for my son (Herbie Fully Loaded). I got it into DVD profiler and exported the new .xml collection to the mce folder in sage tv. I fired up sage and re-scanned for new movies and updated my dvd meta data in "my videos." It showed up and will play but I cannot get the cover art to show. I tried re-exporting the .xml, no luck. I tried updating the movie info in DVD Pro. and re-exporting the .xml, no luck. All the other cover art is still showing up just fine, but I cannot get it to load this one.

My lines in sage props are:

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\collection.xml

mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler

Again, when I first set this up it all worked great and nothing has changed since then except for adding this one movie.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I am using sage 4.1.6.75 (same as when I set this up initially) and the .stv version (not .xml version) of MCE16x9.

Jesse

Last edited by Jesse; 02-26-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

If you're using the latest beta of DVD Profiler change the root line to:
mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler Beta

The issue is usually with the root line if the covers don't show up.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Send a bug report to Sage, it's still got problems updating thumbnails for DVDs AFAIK.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
If you're using the latest beta of DVD Profiler change the root line to:
mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler Beta

The issue is usually with the root line if the covers don't show up.

Gerry
That would also be my first guess, especially if you are getting meta data, but just no picture. The root directory is where SageMC goes to find the thumbnails that DVD Pro. downloaded, and then copies them over to the imported videos directory.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone else getting no menu items on the import DVD Pro. Off-line videos? I'm able to select which movies I want to import as off-line, but then, the only menu option is to cancel?
Old 02-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

Thanks for the input. I am not using the DVD Pro. beta. I am using the current release version 2.4.0 build 868. Any chance going to the beta would help?

Any other guesses?

Jesse