SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Hi,

Thanks for the input. I am not using the DVD Pro. beta. I am using the current release version 2.4.0 build 868. Any chance going to the beta would help?

Any other guesses?

Jesse
Look in the "images" folder of your DVD Profiler install, and see if the thumbnails for that movie are at least in there.

Are you getting meta data for that movie?

Double check that the title names (in DVD Pro.) and the title of your DVD folder or mpg match exactly. (This also includes the "Desc:" field, such as Director's Cut, or Limited Edition, etc. I usually leave this field blank, but sometimes it automatically comes up filled in with something, so I always have to clear it.)
Old 02-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi geogecko,

Quote:
Look in the "images" folder of your DVD Profiler install, and see if the thumbnails for that movie are at least in there.

Are you getting meta data for that movie?

Double check that the title names (in DVD Pro.) and the title of your DVD folder or mpg match exactly. (This also includes the "Desc:" field, such as Director's Cut, or Limited Edition, etc. I usually leave this field blank, but sometimes it automatically comes up filled in with something, so I always have to clear it.)
I have probably triple checked all of the things you listed. Images are present (regular and thumbs), I am getting meta data for the movie in question. All names match exactly and the Desc. field is blank (I read your warnings on all this in an earlier post ).

I am gonna try sticking the jpeg in the video ts folder and see if sage will put it in on its own. If not I guess I will take stanger's advice and file a bug report.

It all worked like it was supposed to when I set it up. I just figured it had to be some error on my part. Who knows, maybe it is....

Thanks again.

Jesse
Old 02-26-2006, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

If the jpg isn't there when Sage finds the file, for some reason it won't ever find it, at least not for DVDs.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

General functionality questions.

Is there a way when selecting a series to record to set a priority for the show to be recorded in HD first and then record in analog if something with a higher priority is using the digital tuner?

I know you can select the series to record on a specific channel, and set priorities for series, so maybe this function is buried in those two, but its not apparent to me.

I think I had something else I wanted to ask but its escaping me at this moment.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
If the jpg isn't there when Sage finds the file, for some reason it won't ever find it, at least not for DVDs.
This seems true, but SageMC will load from the filesystem if the thumbnail is not present in Sage.

Jesse, make sure the machine doing the image copying can see and has access to the source and destination folder. If you are using the Service this is more important.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
This seems true, but SageMC will load from the filesystem if the thumbnail is not present in Sage.

Jesse, make sure the machine doing the image copying can see and has access to the source and destination folder. If you are using the Service this is more important.
Yep. But from his "DVD Pro. Root" directory listing, it appears to be on the local system, unless of course, he forgot to change that?

I think what he means (mlb), is if you are like me, I have DVD Profiler setup on my office computer, where it's easier to work with (higher resolution), instead of on my HTPC. So, the HTPC has to have access to the directory path that is on the office machine, in my case. And if you are using the service, you have to be logged in as a user, and not just the local machine, because otherwise, you can't access UNC paths.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:40 AM

sagemc client

can this be put on a sage client...or is there a matching theme for client? thanks
Old 03-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

Yes, dvd profiler is on my local machine. My config. has not changed since I first set up DVD profiler importing. Houseguests and a nasty cold have kept me from fooling with this.

I will post again when I get the problem corrected.

BUCKETMOUTH: Yes, you can load this up on a client. Same procedure.

Thanks,

Jesse
Old 03-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketmouth
can this be put on a sage client...or is there a matching theme for client? thanks
will work fine...i'm even running it on my MVP (but had to disable the animations)

JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 03-01-2006, 01:36 PM

thanks....will do
Old 03-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi, I was wondering If I can get some help, I have set up TheaterTek as my external DVD player, and have set up to sleep Sage when TheaterTek opens, however I can't seem to close Sage down, I was able to do it before but now using Deria Winamp, that features seems to have stopped working. Does anyone have any ideas, Both the lines are in Sage Properties

mlbdude/use_external_sleep_first=true
Old 03-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Expert

Question Updates for non 16x9 users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I spoke to soon... the title may not get truncated on the rest of the screens, but the date does... For example, the title "The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane" shows just fine, but the date column, which shows 'Today' (under the Movies screen...) get truncated to 'To...'
Mlbdude-

Have there been any further updates from these posts:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...postcount=1647

and

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...postcount=1650

The latest dev build is 2/3/06... I know you are working on your new .stv, but before I go through and make some studio changes, I was wondering if there were any further updates upcoming...

-Jason
Old 03-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC Recordings - listed; SageTV3.xml - none

I've been using SageMC 16x9 for a long time, now. I run whatever the newest beta of Sage currently is and believe that I have the current update to the STV.

I notice that the default stv, SageTV3.xml no longer shows any of my recordings, all programs previously recorded by Sage and properly shown by the SageMC stv when I change back to it.

Anything I should be looking for or doing to get the listings to show with the SageTV3 STV? Something in my properties file?

I know that this doesn't have a heck of a lot to do with SageMC. Just thought that it interesting that what works fine in one doesn't work in the other.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Sage Expert

Talking Razor Skin for SageMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69
Jason could you place a link to your skin on another server, or send it to me and I'll serve it off my site
I still cannot upload to the Sage Downloads section... Dunno why...

In any case, I added the file to the Sage Wiki... I edited the downloads section here to point to the Themes portion of the SageMC documentation so you can get it 'here' as well...

-Jason

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...?do=file&id=54

or

http://www.sage-community.org/index....ageMC169Themes
Old 03-05-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Mlbdude-

Have there been any further updates from these posts:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...postcount=1647

and

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...postcount=1650

The latest dev build is 2/3/06... I know you are working on your new .stv, but before I go through and make some studio changes, I was wondering if there were any further updates upcoming...

-Jason
Not any time soon. If you can do a propper 4x3 implementation and share that would be great.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 03-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler
Hi, I was wondering If I can get some help, I have set up TheaterTek as my external DVD player, and have set up to sleep Sage when TheaterTek opens, however I can't seem to close Sage down, I was able to do it before but now using Deria Winamp, that features seems to have stopped working. Does anyone have any ideas, Both the lines are in Sage Properties

mlbdude/use_external_sleep_first=true

Ok I think I've figured out a bug in SageMC, when I play a disc using "My DVD' then Sage does not go to sleep, however if I use "My Video" and select a ripped DVD then SageMC does go to sleep, any help as to why it does do that when I pop in a disk?

Also I was wondering if anybody can tell me , how to not send commands when Sage is sleeping, even when I use the remote to control Theatertek, I can hear SageMC processing the commands, sometimes if I hit multiple buttons, Sage retains them and when I close theatertek it executes multiple buttons and ends up doing somehting weird
Old 03-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

In any case, I added the file to the Sage Wiki... I edited the downloads section here to point to the Themes portion of the SageMC documentation so you can get it 'here' as well...

-Jason

or

Looking forward to trying this out.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

-Jason

or

BTW, the zip file structure, I believe, was done wrong. If you unzip that zip file, using folder names, you get a /Image_Razor/Image_Razor folder structure inside of the SageMCE directory, where it should only have one /Image_Razor folder. Easy to fix, although not so easy unless you have the menus memorized, since they are pretty unreadable when you get the black and white "theme" after messing up the folder structure of a theme...

Wow, nice work on the conversion though. I'm really impressed with this theme. Too bad we can't get some people to come over to Sage and do some cool themes, just for us!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler
Ok I think I've figured out a bug in SageMC, when I play a disc using "My DVD' then Sage does not go to sleep, however if I use "My Video" and select a ripped DVD then SageMC does go to sleep, any help as to why it does do that when I pop in a disk?

Also I was wondering if anybody can tell me , how to not send commands when Sage is sleeping, even when I use the remote to control Theatertek, I can hear SageMC processing the commands, sometimes if I hit multiple buttons, Sage retains them and when I close theatertek it executes multiple buttons and ends up doing somehting weird
Any response please?
Old 03-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

I tried the instructions for adding the RSS news feed supplied by Nielm. The RSS news feed now works. However, I seem to have lost the green highlighting for items on the right side of the screen. I still have it on the items on the left side of the menus. How can I get this back (using Studio I presume - which is very hard to navigate and use on my regular ol'TV)?

Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix