SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

I think mlbdude has gone the way of Jennifer Garner in Alias...not enough time to do the things we love...
Old 03-22-2006, 03:08 PM

Sorry guys, no time for Sage stuff. Work has taken over my life for a bit. Will probably be a few months before I get back in. If somone wants to continue the project for awhile I would not mind. When I get back in I will grab the latest version.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Sorry guys, no time for Sage stuff. Work has taken over my life for a bit. Will probably be a few months before I get back in. If somone wants to continue the project for awhile I would not mind. When I get back in I will grab the latest version.
Well, I'm on the verge of buying a 1080p HDTV, so when that happens, I wouldn't mind running Sage Studio to fix some things. I, however, refuse to try and do anything, at 720x480!

Of course, there are some things going on with the DVD Profiler stuff that I'd like to fix, but that is probably more technical than just using Studio...

Will get back to you when the purchase is made, and someone else hasn't taken over yet.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

DVD cover art

So way back in message 1722 I found the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
I am gonna try sticking the jpeg in the video ts folder and see if sage will put it in on its own. If not I guess I will take stanger's advice and file a bug report.

Jesse
So am I to assume that the JPG file for the DVD is supposed to be in the video_ts directory of the DVD? But that if Sage doens't show the JPG then it never will because of a bug? I'm trying to get the cover art but am having a hard time doing so.

Thx,
AWS
Old 03-24-2006, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS
So way back in message 1722 I found the following:

So am I to assume that the JPG file for the DVD is supposed to be in the video_ts directory of the DVD? But that if Sage doens't show the JPG then it never will because of a bug? I'm trying to get the cover art but am having a hard time doing so.

Thx,
AWS
Yes, the image goes there. SageTV has a bug where it will not reload the image at times, but SageMC will just pull from the file system if Sage has nothing.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 03-25-2006, 04:02 AM
Sage Expert

Just checking if the new XMLTV plugin below works OK with SageMC?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12740

Any ideas?

Last edited by ukmgranger; 03-26-2006 at 03:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:51 AM
Sage User

Anybody know if it's possilbe to Hide the "My TV" menu item? I see configuration options for all the other items, but not that one.

(I don't use sageTV for recording content, only to play it back from network shares - i don't even have a tuner in my sage box).

Thanks,
Jeff

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 03-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCipher
Anybody know if it's possilbe to Hide the "My TV" menu item? I see configuration options for all the other items, but not that one.

(I don't use sageTV for recording content, only to play it back from network shares - i don't even have a tuner in my sage box).

Thanks,
Jeff
Did you try searching for it in the properties file? It may not be in the Options Menu, inside of Sage, but you might be able to turn it off manually, via the properties file. I'd search for My Settings, and look around it, and see if it's there for My TV.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Did you try searching for it in the properties file? It may not be in the Options Menu, inside of Sage, but you might be able to turn it off manually, via the properties file. I'd search for My Settings, and look around it, and see if it's there for My TV.
Unfortunately, it's not there.
I looked at it in Studio - it's the only option that doesn't have a property associated with it - since i'm not familiar with how studio works (yet), i'm not sure if it needs the My TV menu item as a base to build off of, or, if i can modify it to add a property for it as well...

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Jeff

P4 2.6 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, 80 GB
NVidia 6600GT, M-Audio Delta Dio 24/96, Sony DVD, DIGN case w/ VFD
Old 03-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Sage Icon

Anyone know what the property setting is for the "OK" button on the remote is used for "Previous Channel?" I thought there was a way to disable this, but couldn't remember.

Ever since I changed from using analog cable, to a STB, if I'm watching LiveTV, and then try and change channels while it's still recording that show (using the Guide), it switches channels, then 2 seconds or so later, it switches back to the first show. I'm just wondering if that setting is messing something up, or if this happens when in the default Sage STV (I'll try that next...).
Old 03-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, I found it...

mlbdude/use_select_as_previous=true
Old 04-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does this STV support resuming a program after it is stopped? Can you add things like Remember play positions in Video Library? Thanks.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Sage User

Why can i not use stvi files with this stv? it says .stv imports not stvi as the default stv does. go easy im a newb.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
DVD Profilier Offline Imports seems to have gotten messed up. When you go select the offline movies you want to import, by using the little circle indicators, the only option given after selecting, is "Cancel?"
I added the "Offline" directory to
W:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Offline
and it seems to work. But what is the function of this?

Also, is there a way to add a menu that would list and give access to just DVDs on disc and not group them with other imported files?

Last edited by bobrap; 04-01-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Does this STV support resuming a program after it is stopped? Can you add things like Remember play positions in Video Library? Thanks.
Yes, it does. I am not sure about the remember play positions in the Video Library though.

For instance, if I start watching a show that only I normally watch, and my wife gets home, and wants to watch something, I can stop playback of that show, and we can watch the other show, later I can come back to the exact place I left off on my show.

Quote:
Why can i not use stvi files with this stv? it says .stv imports not stvi as the default stv does. go easy im a newb.
This is a rather long thread to search through...(that was going easy! )

The short answer is that this STV is so customized, that it cannot support STVI's. That's been the answer from mlbdude himself. You can try importing them, but you may get undesireable results.

Quote:
I added the "Offline" directory to
W:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Offline
and it seems to work. But what is the function of this?
Interesting, you were able to select the names of the movies you wanted to import as "Offline," and then click OK or something? I am able to select them, but the only option is to "Cancel."

The function, is to allow you to have access to either DVD Profiler Meta-Data or IMDB Meta-Data on your HTPC, versus going to your DVD rack, and looking at the backs of all your DVD's. You can customize the message that gets displayed, if you try and play a DVD that is "Offline," in the properties file.

mlbdude/offline_message=Please insert selected DVD to play this video, and select "Play DVD" from main menu.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to add a menu that would list and give access to just DVDs on disc and not group them with other imported files?
That would be cool! Filter by Offline, or Online...
Old 04-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
DVD Profilier Offline Imports seems to have gotten messed up. When you go select the offline movies you want to import, by using the little circle indicators, the only option given after selecting, is "Cancel?"
Found the problem. I had the wrong offline_import directory in the properties file. If the folder doesn't exist, you don't get the "Import Selected" option, and only the "Cancel" option...

But, All of them did come in lower case letters for some reason...
Old 04-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

I see that the resume works for Sage recorded programs. I guess it doesn't work for imports? Any work around?
Old 04-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
I see that the resume works for Sage recorded programs. I guess it doesn't work for imports? Any work around?

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=16519
Old 04-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Don't believe that works in SageMC.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Don't believe that works in SageMC.
It might, if it doesn't have any screen customizations...but it's always good to backup everything before trying...