SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Any updates coming for this STV? I have noticed with SageTV 5 that the "watched", "don't like" and "delete" commands no longer work in the recorded tv screen. These commands work fine in the default STV. The wife is groaning......
Old 05-04-2006, 04:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

kricker, I think they work so long as you sort by date rather than title. I've have had a quick (novice'ish) look in studio to see what the problem is but I couldn't find it ...

If anyone knows how to fix this i'd love to know.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

Yuck, sort by date.....that's never gonna fly. Thanks for the info though.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I am currently giving SageMC a try. I usually have "Notify on errors" enabled in Studio, but with this setting on I frequently get java errors (they do not harm, but I have to click away the error box every time) with the SageMC STV.

Is this normal (I am using Sage 5.02) ? I could of course simply disable it, but since I am developing myself I would prefer not to ...

Thanks,
Dirk
Old 05-08-2006, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I am currently giving SageMC a try. I usually have "Notify on errors" enabled in Studio, but with this setting on I frequently get java errors (they do not harm, but I have to click away the error box every time) with the SageMC STV.

Is this normal (I am using Sage 5.02) ? I could of course simply disable it, but since I am developing myself I would prefer not to ...

Thanks,
Dirk
I have only seen this on the OSD screen with the commskip code. This was implemented by someone else so I have no clue if it is supposed to do that or not. You may also see it if all the Java packages required are not installed.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 05-08-2006, 07:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I have only seen this on the OSD screen with the commskip code. This was implemented by someone else so I have no clue if it is supposed to do that or not. You may also see it if all the Java packages required are not installed.
I am quite sure I also got exceptions outside of the OSD. Do you want me to capture a screenshot if it happens again ?

On a different subject: I am beginning to like SageMC very much, and the WAF is very high ... The one thing which kept me away in the past is that it lacks some of the standard STV functions, and even more important that most of the plugins do not work with SageMC. But now that I have got quite familiar with Studio I think I might be able to do some workarounds myself ...

So as a more general question, may I ask why SageMC does not (easily) allow the import of STVi's ? Are there specific technical reasons why standard STVi imports should not be used with SageMC, or did you simply disallow stvi selection because SageMC is so different and almost all existing plugins wouldnt work anyway ?

A few months back I updated my SleepTimer plugin per user request to support SageMC, and I only had to identify some different nodes to link to and change the look and feel. It imports fine when you rename it to .xml, and seems to work without problems in SageMC. I am just wondering if I missed something here ...

Thanks,
Dirk
Old 05-08-2006, 08:02 AM

Quote:
or did you simply disallow stvi selection because SageMC is so different and almost all existing plugins wouldnt work anyway
Yes that is why. Technically it does work you just have to change the extension of the import file but since it may really not work or mess things up I left it being hard to do.

If you get some Java errors post them. I have honestly not had the STV opened since the mid 4.x releases so something could also have changed. However, I use the error popups myself for debugging so I would have killed anything really annoying.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks a lot mlbdude for clearing this up, this is nice to know !

And I'll post the error next time I see it ...

Dirk
Old 05-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Sage Expert

Post for mlbdude:

I just wondered what you were using for your every-day tv viewing? Are you still using the SageMC STV, or are you onto some completely different software now?

Just curious really!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Post for mlbdude:

I just wondered what you were using for your every-day tv viewing? Are you still using the SageMC STV, or are you onto some completely different software now?

Just curious really!
Every-day TV viewing has been MCE for over a year now. I have SageTV on my dev box for playing with though. Just have not had time to play with it .

Old 05-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

...I've been scared to try MCE. Kind of scares me that an experienced Sage user is doing that? Am I missing something?

Not to get personal, or anything, but is this just a stage in your life right now that is keeping you busy, (such as school or something), or is this a long term commitment (like a new addition to the family), or just something you care not to discuss? Just wondering if we'll see you back more often...it was nice working with you on stuff.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

MCE...dang. I guess we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for updates on this STV. I guess I could try figure out how to do it myself
Old 05-08-2006, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
...I've been scared to try MCE. Kind of scares me that an experienced Sage user is doing that? Am I missing something?

Not to get personal, or anything, but is this just a stage in your life right now that is keeping you busy, (such as school or something), or is this a long term commitment (like a new addition to the family), or just something you care not to discuss? Just wondering if we'll see you back more often...it was nice working with you on stuff.

Work has me pretty consumed right now. The project I am on should end in July so until then I would expect no updates from me. The source is all here though so I would encourage anyone to continue or branch the project.

MCE is more set top box like and professional feeling. It just fits better with my environment. I still have a special place in my heart for SageTV though so I still try and keep up with it.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Every-day TV viewing has been MCE for over a year now. I have SageTV on my dev box for playing with though. Just have not had time to play with it .
...with all the add-ons available for MCE, I've been tempted myself. Just being able to use Messenger or read my Hotmail, or view the Internet with my remote, or to play .wmv files, or .mov files

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix

Last edited by RedCoat999; 05-08-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
...with all the add-ons available for MCE, I've been tempted myself. Just being able to use Messenger or read my Hotmail, or view the Internet with my remote...
Sorry for being off-topic, but does MCE yet allow to use 2 channel lineups? I'd heard somewhere they had resolved the problems using DVB-T and analogue tuners but I'm not 100% on that either.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
Sorry for being off-topic, but does MCE yet allow to use 2 channel lineups? I'd heard somewhere they had resolved the problems using DVB-T and analogue tuners but I'm not 100% on that either.
Digital and analog go together nicely (I have two analog and two digital tuners) but they still force the analog sources to be the same. So you cannot have a Hauppauge 500 hooked up to coax as one source and the cable box as the other. Both would have to be coax or cable box.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Digital and analog go together nicely (I have two analog and two digital tuners) but they still force the analog sources to be the same. So you cannot have a Hauppauge 500 hooked up to coax as one source and the cable box as the other. Both would have to be coax or cable box.
Ah okay, thanks mlbdude, sounds like its come on a bit since I last looked at it. Thankfully I'm happy with sage (particularly the MVP implementation) - i don't think I could face the trauma invovled with setting up my system again.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi mlbdude,

I was able to reproduce an error outside of the OSD again, see attached screenshots.

It happens in the "Recorded TV" view when I move around (left/right/up/down) with the cursor keys. It seems to be a bit random (sometimes it happens on one item, the next time not), but it is always consistently happening on the first show listing on the top. Oh, and it does not happen when I sort by Date ...

Hope this helps,

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagemc_error_1.JPG (58.4 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg sagemc_error_2.JPG (56.4 KB, 293 views)

Last edited by dflachbart; 05-08-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Hi mlbdude,

I was able to reproduce an error outside of the OSD again, see attached screenshots.

It happens in the "Recorded TV" view when I move around (left/right/up/down) with the cursor keys. It seems to be a bit random (sometimes it happens on one item, the next time not), but it is always consistently happening on the first show listing on the top. Oh, and it does not happen when I sort by Date ...

Hope this helps,

Dirk
Does that only happen on the items that say "More" instead of a date? that may have been there all along if so.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Does that only happen on the items that say "More" instead of a date? that may have been there all along if so.
Might be, but not sure. I will check this tonight ...

Thanks,
Dirk