SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Sage User

Freezing when Pressing Stop

I have the same problem. It locks up when pressing stop or at the end of file. It must be a problem with the popup. Anybody have a solution? It's keeping me from using this awesome STV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
Does anyone else have the problem where Sage will just freeze when you press "stop"? The popup asking for resume/delete/restart never comes up and I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccalbear
I have the same problem. It locks up when pressing stop or at the end of file. It must be a problem with the popup. Anybody have a solution? It's keeping me from using this awesome STV.
I use to have this problem with SageV4 when watching downloaded avi's or mpeg's. Now with SageV5 I don't have this anymore. I have never had this problem with recorded TV files though.

Is your problem with recorded TV stuff or imported videos? Thinking out loud now...Isn't there a setting somewhere for showing the popup when a file ends?

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix

Last edited by RedCoat999; 05-09-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
hmmm I have never had this problem. It takes a few seconds for the popup to appear, but it always does and with no errors. And I also don't have any errors when navigating the recorded tv list. I know that doesn't fix your problems, but at least you know it can work. I am running a clean install of SageTV 5 with Java JRE 5.0 Update 6.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
I use to have this problem with SageV4 when watching downloaded avi's or mpeg's. Now with SageV5 I don't have this anymore. I have never had this problem with recorded TV files though.

Is your problem with recorded TV stuff or imported videos?
Only with recorded TV. Everything else works fine. Strange.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

I used to have problems with very slow response times when navigating....especially when hitting stop after a show (both 'live' and recorded). It would sometimes take up to a minute to show the popup. This was all pre v5 as I have never had problems since then. Before that however, one thing that worked for me was reinstalling Java. For some reason, after reinstalling java the menu speeds picked back up and the stop command actually brought up the popup quickly...YMMV
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Sage User

Thanks I'll try reinstalling Java tonight and see what happens.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Does that only happen on the items that say "More" instead of a date? that may have been there all along if so.
I dont think that item would get called before 5.0.2. Certainly I didnt have to fix it before I upgraded to 5.0.2.

I seem to remember a couple of other funny thing as well (sorry I've not kept a list) where there seem to be 'stray' bits of code in places where they seem to have no effect. (Removing them doesnt seem to loose anything)

I've been moving things arroudn a bit in the show information (Mainly for coping with long titles) and adding a few settings to the Advanced settings section and to the guide display options so they're probably in those areas.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Don't believe that works in SageMC.
Thought I might post it here as well: the new version now supports SageMC...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=70

Dirk
Old 05-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Thought I might post it here as well: the new version now supports SageMC...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=70

Dirk
Awesome, I was about to ask you about this!!! THANKS!!!!

Never mind about that...I got confused, but thanks for that, it is a good thing that is fixed...

Last edited by geogecko; 05-09-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Awesome, I was about to ask you about this!!! THANKS!!!!

Never mind about that...I got confused, but thanks for that, it is a good thing that is fixed...
May I asked what you first had in mind ?

Dirk
Old 05-09-2006, 08:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Any updates coming for this STV? I have noticed with SageTV 5 that the "watched", "don't like" and "delete" commands no longer work in the recorded tv screen. These commands work fine in the default STV. The wife is groaning......
I found the problem and attached a modified STV. I also fixed the problem with getting Java exceptions when navigating in the list. mlbdude, you can post the update on the Sage FTP site if you want, for now I attached it here.

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169.zip (463.0 KB, 358 views)
Old 05-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
May I asked what you first had in mind ?

Dirk
I saw "MovieTimes Movie Listings and Showtimes" at the top left, but that was just the top downloads. I thought the author had made it work with SageMC, then I realized that you weren't the original author, and found my mistake...
Old 05-09-2006, 09:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Ahh, ok. Sorry ...
Old 05-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ahh, ok. Sorry ...
Not a problem!

I noticed that the Custom5 command has stopped working, in this latest release...

Any ideas?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I found the problem and attached a modified STV. I also fixed the problem with getting Java exceptions when navigating in the list. mlbdude, you can post the update on the Sage FTP site if you want, for now I attached it here.

Dirk

Hey flachbar, thanks very much for finding that. I have a modified version of SageMC I use with my mvp so I was wondering if you could let me know what this fix is so I can apply it to my one.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner
Hey flachbar, thanks very much for finding that. I have a modified version of SageMC I use with my mvp so I was wondering if you could let me know what this fix is so I can apply it to my one.
Hi Alfiegerner,

I only had to change two widgets. I assume you are familiar with Studio , so here is the easiest way to see the changes:

- load the new STV
- open up Studio
- select "STV file difference" and choose the original STV
- when you click on "Changed property..." in the diff results, it'll show you the widget changed for the delete/watched fix
- if you also experience the java errors while browsing, click on the "Remove Action" in diff results, and it'll show you the place where I deleted a "DateFormat("d/M", Date) widget

If this still doesnt make sense to you, let me know ...

Dirk
Old 05-10-2006, 06:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko

I noticed that the Custom5 command has stopped working, in this latest release...

Any ideas?
You mean in the updated STV I posted ? Hmm, I would really be surprised if this has anything to do with it. I only changed two lines in the STV, which shouldn't be related to a Custom5 command listener at all ...

Were you using the latest dev build before ? Could you do a STV diff (explained in my post above to Alfiegerner) and check that there are only two differences between the new file and you current one ?

Dirk
Old 05-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, I'll check it out sometime this week. I thought the same thing, but I checked to make sure that the button on my remote I was pressing was still linked, and it said it was, it just was not performing the action...

...oh, unless "Auto ComSkip" has to be Enabled to use that feature? I don't know. I didn't think it did, but come to think of it, maybe it does...that's about the only thing I can think of...
Old 05-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm...all of a sudden, it is working again. No idea why...
Old 05-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:

Dirk
I finally got a chance to test it myself and it works great. Thank you so much. The wife will be overjoyed.