SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
I finally got a chance to test it myself and it works great. Thank you so much. The wife will be overjoyed.
Nice to hear...
Old 05-12-2006, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Does anyone know if the caller id and automatic aspect ratio switcher work with SageMC?
Old 05-12-2006, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Does anyone know if the caller id and automatic aspect ratio switcher work with SageMC?
I run the callerID. But I configured it thru the .properties file because the config screen in SageMC for CallerID really didn't work well.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Sage User

Hi all

Im a new sagetv user (second day ) and i love the new sageMC interface. two short questions if i may. 1) how do you manually record stuff? i still dont have the EPG working and i cant seem to find a way to do it here. 2)ive searched the forums but couldent find a simple explanation on how to launch an external app from within sage, ive read its possible from sageMC and ive seen the program button but how exactly to you define the program and its path?

thx alot and great work

Zeltak
Old 05-13-2006, 05:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks gplasky.

It seems the auto aspect ratio switcher works as well. I had to rename it to an .xml file before SageMC would import it, but so far it seems to be working properly.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Just fyi: SageMC Addon

I think some of the new features have been requested here in this thread (I finally managed to read through all 91 pages ) in the past ...

Dirk
Old 05-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dirk, thanks for the great work. Is it possible for someone like me (non programmer) to change the colors of the guide? Also wanted to ask if anyone has this problem. Sometimes when I use custom 5, the show moves to the next marker then freezes. If I hit the replay button on the Hauppauge remote, it continues to play fine Lastly, considering dumping the Hauppauge for an MCE remote, any thoughts?
Old 05-13-2006, 09:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Dirk, thanks for the great work. Is it possible for someone like me (non programmer) to change the colors of the guide?
Sure, you dont have to program to change the guide colors. Just fire up your favorite image editor and modify the tvguide_*.png images in the STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images directory to your liking. Note that this the *current* theme directory, if you change themes later on they will get overwritten, so it will be a good idea to copy your modifications to the custom theme image directory (e.g. images_MC) as well

Quote:
Also wanted to ask if anyone has this problem. Sometimes when I use custom 5, the show moves to the next marker then freezes. If I hit the replay button on the Hauppauge remote, it continues to play fine
Sorry, cant help with this one, never experienced this myself ...

Dirk
Old 05-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

After looking at these images, I think I posted incorrectly. What I would like to be able to do is change the color of the text. Say from black on blue to white on blue.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
After looking at these images, I think I posted incorrectly. What I would like to be able to do is change the color of the text. Say from black on blue to white on blue.
I haven't used this yet, but

mlbdude/guide_black_text=0x000000
mlbdude/guide_white_text=0xFFFFFF

could maybe do what you want ...

Dirk
Old 05-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I haven't used this yet, but

mlbdude/guide_black_text=0x000000
mlbdude/guide_white_text=0xFFFFFF

could maybe do what you want ...

Dirk
Bingo...let me do what I wanted. Thanks. Someday when I grow up, I want to be just as clever

Last edited by bobrap; 05-13-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeltak
Im a new sagetv user (second day ) and i love the new sageMC interface. two short questions if i may. 1) how do you manually record stuff (timed record-ala VCR)? i still dont have the EPG working and i cant seem to find a way to do it here. 2)ive searched the forums but couldent find a simple explanation on how to launch an external app from within sage, ive read its possible from sageMC and ive seen the program button but how exactly to you define the program and its path
Zeltak
no one noticed my previous post and im kinda , stuck. would really appriciate any help!

thx in advance

Zeltak
Old 05-13-2006, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Zeltak,

Quote:
1) how do you manually record stuff? i still dont have the EPG working and i cant seem to find a way to do it here.
I am afraid SageMC does not support setting up manual recordings without EPG. I think there might be a workaround with nielm's dynamic menus which are built into SageMC (but havent played around with it yet). When you enable "My Menu", you should be able to create a custom menu, to which you can assign the internal Sage screen "Manual Recordings". It will probably not look very pretty, but it might work ...

Quote:
2)ive searched the forums but couldent find a simple explanation on how to launch an external app from within sage, ive read its possible from sageMC and ive seen the program button but how exactly to you define the program and its path?
Haven't tried this either, but I think you can either define a custom menu (as described above) and assign an external program to it, or drop a *.bat file for your program into the directory specified with "mlbdude/other_programs=" in the Sage property file, this should then show up in the 'Other Programs' menu

Hope this helps,

Dirk
Old 05-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
2)ive searched the forums but couldent find a simple explanation on how to launch an external app from within sage, ive read its possible from sageMC and ive seen the program button but how exactly to you define the program and its path?

thx alot and great work

Zeltak
I think you put a shortcut in the special SageMC directory you have defined in the Sage.Properties file (see post above). You can also put a picture with the identical same name (.jpg) in that same special shortcut directory. This picture will show up when you select "My Programs"

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 05-15-2006, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
I think you put a shortcut in the special SageMC directory you have defined in the Sage.Properties file (see post above). You can also put a picture with the identical same name (.jpg) in that same special shortcut directory. This picture will show up when you select "My Programs"
See this post: Other Programs

And this post: Icons for Other Programs

Basically in the sage properties file there is a line by default installation of SageMC: mlbdude/other_programs=D\:\\temp

You need to change this to whatever directory you want to use. (I use C\:\\temp) and drop your windows shortcuts to the directory and any .jpg named exactly the same as the shortcut so it uses that as an icon. So you could use a shortcut to a batch file no problem.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
See this post: Other Programs

And this post: Icons for Other Programs

Basically in the sage properties file there is a line by default installation of SageMC: mlbdude/other_programs=D\:\\temp

You need to change this to whatever directory you want to use. (I use C\:\\temp) and drop your windows shortcuts to the directory and any .jpg named exactly the same as the shortcut so it uses that as an icon. So you could use a shortcut to a batch file no problem.

Gerry
You might want to edit the wiki page I created for this topic if you see errors/improvements:

http://www.sage-community.org/index....9OtherPrograms

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 05-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

well, after searching through 93 pages of posts.. (whew) i dont think its been mentioned..

did something happen to the channel logos? i cant seem to get them to show up

they show up in the epg (at the bottom with show title, episode info, etc) but not in the osd, neither on the info osd, nor the miniguide.

ive set 'show_channellogos_osd' to true, ive checked the epg/logo_dir path and its correct, as indicated by logos showing in the epg

im using sagemc 5.10 with the dev update dated feb 03, 06 and the mce theme.

anyone else noticing this, or just me?
Old 05-19-2006, 03:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8shun
well, after searching through 93 pages of posts.. (whew) i dont think its been mentioned..

did something happen to the channel logos? i cant seem to get them to show up

they show up in the epg (at the bottom with show title, episode info, etc) but not in the osd, neither on the info osd, nor the miniguide.

ive set 'show_channellogos_osd' to true, ive checked the epg/logo_dir path and its correct, as indicated by logos showing in the epg

im using sagemc 5.10 with the dev update dated feb 03, 06 and the mce theme.

anyone else noticing this, or just me?
Yupp, same here.
Marneb
Old 05-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

I believe I found a bug. Here is the scenario:

1) Watching a show with multiple episodes
2) Show ends and the options menu comes up (i.e. replay, delete, archive)
3) Select delete
4) Go back to recorded show list
5) Select show group of the show I just deleted
6) At the bottom of the list it is showing the show that I just deleted as being recorded

Let me know if you need further details...
Old 05-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
I believe I found a bug. Here is the scenario:

1) Watching a show with multiple episodes
2) Show ends and the options menu comes up (i.e. replay, delete, archive)
3) Select delete
4) Go back to recorded show list
5) Select show group of the show I just deleted
6) At the bottom of the list it is showing the show that I just deleted as being recorded

Let me know if you need further details...
Does the same for me.....I have just ignored it, but it would be nice if it was fixed.