SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Does the same for me.....I have just ignored it, but it would be nice if it was fixed.

Me, too. If you go back to the recordings list and then back into the group, it's gone. It's like it hasn't been refreshed yet the first time.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato
Me, too. If you go back to the recordings list and then back into the group, it's gone. It's like it hasn't been refreshed yet the first time.
I found the problem, it's a little tricky, but it should be fixable ...

Dirk
Old 05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I found the problem, it's a little tricky, but it should be fixable ...

Dirk
NICE! can't wait.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Sage Icon

Yep, noticed that too, but just ignored it...
Old 05-23-2006, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
I believe I found a bug. Here is the scenario:

1) Watching a show with multiple episodes
2) Show ends and the options menu comes up (i.e. replay, delete, archive)
3) Select delete
4) Go back to recorded show list
5) Select show group of the show I just deleted
6) At the bottom of the list it is showing the show that I just deleted as being recorded

Let me know if you need further details...
Has been with fixed here

Dirk
Old 05-23-2006, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8shun
well, after searching through 93 pages of posts.. (whew) i dont think its been mentioned..

did something happen to the channel logos? i cant seem to get them to show up

they show up in the epg (at the bottom with show title, episode info, etc) but not in the osd, neither on the info osd, nor the miniguide.

ive set 'show_channellogos_osd' to true, ive checked the epg/logo_dir path and its correct, as indicated by logos showing in the epg

im using sagemc 5.10 with the dev update dated feb 03, 06 and the mce theme.

anyone else noticing this, or just me?
This is strange, I just installed a logo pack to look into it, but it works fine here on my machine with both the OSD info and the minguide (I also tested it with 5_10) ...

Dirk
Old 05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

I wish we had a listing of all the property entries, and what they do. I think there is one started on the Wiki, but I don't think it is complete. Beats searching through this 94 page thread...

...let me guess, "sounds like something you could do, geogecko..."

We'll see.

Never mind...I'm working on it. It will be pretty cool when I'm done. I'll post it here when finished, and try and keep it updated.

Last edited by geogecko; 05-23-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Maybe its just me (would just like some conformation) But on the main menu if I highlight "My TV" Then hit the right arrow or over button on the remote, it pops up a shortcut menu where I can select Live TV, Recored TV, etc... Well all of these shortcut menu options work except for "Live TV" anyone else experiencing this?

Miller
Old 05-24-2006, 05:28 AM

Movie Information from Folder name?

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but I am looking to see if there is a way or system to get the movie names, genre, etc from just the movie folder name. I have many of my movies backed up and the Video_ts file is in a directory such as..... Red October/Disc1/Video_ts The system finds the ifo file fine to play but of course the lookup for the movie name etc fails. This is something that Beyond Media had and worked fine but their playback of files using WMC kept from being able to FF and Rewind so I went looking around and found this great program and plugins etc. By the way I am more then glad to donate some $$$ to the right place so let me know. Thanks again for all the great work you all have done and sorry if this is the worng place for this! I don't have access to cable or antenna where I am at and I use my Tivo to record, then extract and save on a 3 terabyte server and then use this program with mapped drives.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35
Maybe its just me (would just like some conformation) But on the main menu if I highlight "My TV" Then hit the right arrow or over button on the remote, it pops up a shortcut menu where I can select Live TV, Recored TV, etc... Well all of these shortcut menu options work except for "Live TV" anyone else experiencing this?

Miller

Seems one of my additions broke this, I'll fix this as soon as possible.
For a temp fix you can set "plugins/df/sagemc/std_livetv=false" to disable the new functionality.

Dirk
Old 05-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Thx, its not that big of a deal, was just checking to see if it was just me.

Miller
Old 05-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Sage Expert

Non 16x9 changes?

Flachbar-

Any chance of including some changes left out for us non 16x9 users?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1647

-Jason
Old 05-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Sage User

Question

I think I've just found a bug that's preventing me from using an external dvd player (ZoomPlayer) and dynamic main menu together.

To reproduce:

1) Install SageTV and SageMC
2) Edit property so that "mlbdude/use_external_dvd_player=true"
3) Edit dvd_player.cmd , for example:
"C:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe" /F /Q /PLAY /CLOSE %1
4) Run Sage, and play a ripped DVD. ZoomPlayer will open fullscreen and play the DVD.
5) Close Sage.

--- no problem so far, but if you enable dynamic main menu ... ----

6) Edit property so that "mlbdude/dynamic_main_menu=true"
7) Edit menu.xml , for example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu SYSTEM "sagemenu.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.0">
<menu title="Main Menu">
<internalScreenMenuItem title="Television" screen="My TV"/>
<internalScreenMenuItem title="DVD Collection" screen="Video Library"/>
</menu>
</sageMenu>

8) Run Sage and play a ripped DVD.
9) actual result: ZoomPlayer will open fullscreen but will NOT play the DVD anymore. It's going to say that the DVD wasn't found.
expected result: that Zoomplayer plays the ripped DVD as before.

I guess that for some reason, when dynamic main menu is enabled, SageMC is passing an invalid value as the parameter %1 for the dvd_player.cmd.

Does anybody know of a workaround for this bug ?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Flachbar-

Any chance of including some changes left out for us non 16x9 users?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1647

-Jason
You mean this (attached pic) ?

Yeah, I noticed that on my standard TV too. Will look at it some time ...

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cutoff.JPG (55.8 KB, 283 views)
Old 05-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
I'm sure that's what he means. I just thought that was standard, when I had an SDTV. There's no going back, once you've gone 1080P!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenp2005
I am sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but I am looking to see if there is a way or system to get the movie names, genre, etc from just the movie folder name. I have many of my movies backed up and the Video_ts file is in a directory such as..... Red October/Disc1/Video_ts The system finds the ifo file fine to play but of course the lookup for the movie name etc fails. This is something that Beyond Media had and worked fine but their playback of files using WMC kept from being able to FF and Rewind so I went looking around and found this great program and plugins etc. By the way I am more then glad to donate some $$$ to the right place so let me know. Thanks again for all the great work you all have done and sorry if this is the worng place for this! I don't have access to cable or antenna where I am at and I use my Tivo to record, then extract and save on a 3 terabyte server and then use this program with mapped drives.
I assume this is not a question specific to the SageMC 16x9 STV, so I would recommend to maybe re-post this in the 'Sage TV Software' forum to reach a larger audience ...

Dirk
Old 05-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenp2005
Let me see if I understand.

You have a SageTV server, or just a plain server where you store the backed up DVD's. Then you have a SageTV machine, using mapped drives to the server, right?

Secondly, you want to get what is commonly referred to as meta data (information about the movies), displayed on the SageTV machine (non-server), correct?

I would think this would be pretty easy, with the features of SageMC. Have you installed DVD Profiler, and got that working yet? It would be best to install it on the SageTV machine (non-server) if possible, but I have mine installed on another machine, and have UNC paths in my properties file.

Check out the Wiki (first post of this thread), for information on setting up DVD Profiler and what not.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Dirk
Yes... mlbdude put in some options as well that allows 4x3 screens to be 'more' aligned for that screen size... The less used screens are the ones that show the effect.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1645

The 'cutoff' is also one of those... The info shown at the bottom of the screen for individual airings gets cutoff as if there are too many lines for the amount of info available (it does not show the '...' it just appears to have 'missing' lines (Times, etc).

-Jason
Old 05-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Sage User

i cant believe i waited so long to set this up. this is awesome!

everything seems so large in this theme except in my import folder all my movie jpgs are soooo small on a 46'' widescreen RPT. do i have to adjust this in the sage properties file?
Old 05-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itons
i cant believe i waited so long to set this up. this is awesome!

everything seems so large in this theme except in my import folder all my movie jpgs are soooo small on a 46'' widescreen RPT. do i have to adjust this in the sage properties file?
Adjusting the "row" "col" settings in display options does not make them bigger?