SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Sage User

Well I finally sorted it out ... (with the help from the missus ! lol )

Not sure how I missed it tbh it was:

detailed setup>multimedia>video menu options>display video menus

change the option to always show

pretty obvious really ! feel very ashamed that the missus noticed that and I didnt !

thanks evil penguin for the suggestion I will definately be checking that one out looks fab!

Thank you all
Old 06-07-2006, 05:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrant_ino
Well I finally sorted it out ... (with the help from the missus ! lol )

Not sure how I missed it tbh it was:

detailed setup>multimedia>video menu options>display video menus

change the option to always show
Hi tarrantino,

I would recommend to set this option to "If Active", otherwise you will see the same issue with the channel logos as jds23 (see this). Even if you dont use logos I find this setting nicer since I dont see the point in displaying a "Stopped" preview window all the time on the main menu, even if the mediaplayer doesnt actually have a file loaded ...

Dirk
Old 06-07-2006, 08:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Maybe sorting issue?

I was just looking at my South Park episodes and they are sorted kinda wierd. I'm not sure if its right or not so I just thought i'd show you and let you tell me
Attached Images
File Type: png sorting.png (74.8 KB, 238 views)

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
I was just looking at my South Park episodes and they are sorted kinda wierd. I'm not sure if its right or not so I just thought i'd show you and let you tell me
Hi evilpenguin,

they should be sorted by Original Airing date (latest episode on top), can you check if this is the case ?

I thought that this would be the most natural sorting method for the sub-group view (which should always contain series episodes), but if this is not everyones opinion I could have a look if I can add another sorting type ...

Dirk
Old 06-07-2006, 10:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Yep, they are indeed sorted by original airing date. I figured there was a pattern there I was missing.

That works great for first run shows and shows with continuity, but it breaks down a little bit with syndicated shows. Sometimes their shown in random order on multiple channels, and sometimes they have generic airing information which will have their original air date as the first day the show aired (ex. I have 8 Simpsons episodes with air dates of 12/7/89).

So if its easy to do, something like the filter where you can toggle the sorting methods between original airing date and recording date would be great

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-08-2006, 07:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
That works great for first run shows and shows with continuity, but it breaks down a little bit with syndicated shows. Sometimes their shown in random order on multiple channels, and sometimes they have generic airing information which will have their original air date as the first day the show aired (ex. I have 8 Simpsons episodes with air dates of 12/7/89).
Actually sorting by original airdate is least useful when dealing with first runs because sorting by date recorded would put them in the order they aired. It's most useful when shows are syndicated and shown in random order on multiple channels because it makes it easier to watch them in the order they originally aired. That's the entire point of sorting by original airdate. Personally I don't care what day the repeats air, I want to watch them in their original order.

When they have generic airing info they do get lumped together with the original date from when the series started. For me this isn't a problem because it's about as meaningless as sorting by the date it was recorded. Neither date means anything to me.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Eh, I'm a lazy man, and sometimes its just nice to have the newest recordings on the top of the list so I don't have to scroll around to find 'em

Old 06-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Sage User

new to sageMC16x9

I just installed SageMC16x9 yesterday, before this I was using Sage as is out of the box for 6 months. A few things/options I can't find or have lost with Sagemc16x9.

1.) Exit Full Screen Mode, used to be in setup menu. I do not have it in fullscreen exclusive.

2.) With Streamzap remote the left arrow does not function as a back button anymore in the menu's. Kinda liked that feature, there are no onscreen back buttons anywhere to replace it either (with the exception of the blank button on the bottom of detailed setup screen).

3.) With Streamzap remote pressing OK during video playback does nothing. This used to bring up a menu with many useful features.

I have done searches, please forgive me if these topics have already been brought up and kindly refer me to where the answers may be. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by theprophet36; 06-08-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi theprophet36,

welcome to SageMC

First of all, which STV version are you using ?
I would recommend to install the latest 6.4 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprophet36
1.) Exit Full Screen Mode, used to be in setup menu. I do not have it in fullscreen exclusive.
Correct, this is missing, but you can easily add it yourself via nielm's built-in dynamic menus (link to to the Sage command 'Fullscreen'). If you need instructions how to do this, just let me know

Quote:
2.) With Streamzap remote the left arrow does not function as a back button anymore in the menu's. Kinda liked that feature, there are no onscreen back buttons anywhere to replace it either (with the exception of the blank button on the bottom of detailed setup screen).
You can enable the setting "Left as back" in the SageMC options menu, this allows you to exit almost any screen with the left arrow

Quote:
3.) With Streamzap remote pressing OK during video playback does nothing. This used to bring up a menu with many useful features.
There is a menu which opens when you press the 'Options' key (ESC on the keyboard), maybe you can map this to your remote ? 'Select' functions as 'Previous Channel' during playback (if it is enabled in the options).

Dirk
Old 06-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Sage User

mc

Yes, I am using the latest build.

I just added the fullscreen menu item, thanks. I also noticed if you right click on a vid that is playing there is a toggle full screen option.

I am not sure where you are saying you can activate the "left as back".

As far as the menu during playback, you could press OK and it would bring up some sweet shortcuts "Main Menu/SageTV Recordings/Program Guide/Recording Schedule/etc..etc" Was very nice, better than having to go back to the main menu for most of these.

Right mouse click appears to do the same as the esc key, but not as many options as listed above.

Oh, is there a way to get back some notification of when sage is recording.... remember the little REC light on the top right corner?

Sorry for all the ?'s

Last edited by theprophet36; 06-08-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:05 PM
SageTVaholic

You can also map a button on your remote control to Sage's full screen command and toggle it like that. That's how I like to do it.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
(This is for anyone that can help me) I would love to know how you added the "Fullscreen" menu option back in. I saw that flachbar said you could use "Nielm's" dynamic menus to put it back in, but I have no clue how to do this. In fact I thought the dynamic menu's were not available in SageMC, but I now know I am wrong . I have read up on Dynamic menus a bit, but just don't understand them yet. They sound like something I would really like though! Thanks!
Hi jds23,

actually nielm's dynamic menus are built-in into SageMC (not the latest version though, but it does everything you need...). From the main screen, open up the Options menu and enable 'My Menu'. This will add a new menu item "My Menu' to your main screen. Go in there, bring up the options menu, and select "Add new menu item", then "SageCommand", and 'Fullscreen". Give the menu a name, and dont forget to bring up the options menu once more to save the menu definition file (has to be done only once) - and that's it ... There is also an option to rename the 'My Menu' title (in the SageMC options screen) if you want it to have a different title.

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Sage User

left as back

Flachbar,

I still don't see where you can activate the "left as back" feature.

Ethan
Old 06-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Hi there theprophet,

I noticed something you spoke of in your previous post:

This is caused (I believe), when your overscan setting is not correct. Go to Settings>Detailed Setup>Multimedia>Overscan Settings, and then adjust it correctly for the monitor you are using. You will then not have a BLANK button there, but will then have a button that says "Setup Menu" that will take you back to the previous menu. At least this is what happened to me, and one other time it happened when I had Sage in "windowed" mode, and it was not large enough to display.

Worked like a charm, thanks.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Flachbar,

I still don't see where you can activate the "left as back" feature.

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

go to Settings/Detailed Setup/Advanced/SageMC 16x9 Options/Basic and set 'Left As Back" enabled

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Sage User

left as back

Thanks for the fast reply, problem is there is no Sage MC16x9 Options menu in my Detailed Setup/Advanced menu.

I am running the latest version.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the fast reply, problem is there is no Sage MC16x9 Options menu in my Detailed Setup/Advanced menu.

I am running the latest version.
Thats weird, should be the last menu option on the right (below the load/import STV options). Does it say 'SageMC STV Version 6.4' on the Settings/Info page ?

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Sage User

sagemc

I just imported the 6.4 package again to make sure.

It doesn't say what STV I am using on the info page.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just imported the 6.4 package again to make sure.

It doesn't say what STV I am using on the info page.
Hmm, this is a good indication that you are not really using the 6.4 version ...

How did you load the STV, via Detailed Setup/Advanced.Load Application package ? Can you tell me the exact file size of SageMC_169.xml ?

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Sage User

Yes I loaded it as you've stated.

The .xml file size is 4,484KB

Lookin in my Program Files\SageTV\STV's\SageTV3 folder there are 3 SageMC files

SageMC_169 (SageTV Application Definition) 2,654KB
SageMC_169 (XML Document) 4,484KB ...............6/2/2006 9:46PM
SageMC_169-1 (XML Document) 8,532KB ...............6/9/2006 2:04PM

Last edited by theprophet36; 06-09-2006 at 12:23 PM.