SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprophet36
Yes I loaded it as you've stated.

The .xml file size is 478KB
Are you sure ? The file size should be 4.3 MB (4,591,616 bytes on disk), and the file date should be 6/2/2006 09:46:00 PM ...

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Sage User

Sorry that was the zipped file size, I edited the post above.

Ethan
Old 06-09-2006, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Ethan
Can you send me the SageMC_169.xml by email (zipped) ?
Check your PM ...

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Ethan
Any chance that you are importing the STV instead of loading it ?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Sage User

I went Detailed Setup/Advanced/SageTV Application Package (.STV File), clicked on the button to the right and chose the SageMC_169.stv file
Old 06-09-2006, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I went Detailed Setup/Advanced/SageTV Application Package (.STV File), clicked on the button to the right and chose the SageMC_169.stv file
Wrong file. You need SageMC_169.xml.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ahh, now I see what' happening... You are still loading the old STV (SageMC_169.stv) instead of the new one (SageMC_169.xml). You probably loaded a *.stv file in the past, and now it let's you only select other *.stv ...

Exit Sage, open your Sage.properties (or SageClient.properties) and modify the line

STV=[...]\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMC_169.stv

to point to the xml file, restart Sage, and you should be good to go ...

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Sage User

It doesn't show any .xml files, only .stv when I go to load it. Even tho the .xml file is exactly where it is supposed to be in the SageTV\STV's\SageTV3 folder
Old 06-09-2006, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It doesn't show any .xml files, only .stv when I go to load it. Even tho the .xml file is exactly where it is supposed to be in the SageTV\STV's\SageTV3 folder
Yep, thats what I said before, once you loaded an *.stv file you cannot select any *.xml files any more, you have to manually edit the properties file
Old 06-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Sage User

Sorry, we posted almost the same time.

OK, I completely understand what you are saying but here is the problem.

Sage is turned off and the service controls are off. I edit the file as you stated and save it. If I then re-open the file it shows my changes, but as soon as I start Sage it goes back to the last .stv. that was loaded and the sage.properties file is back to the way it was before I edited it.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

sounds like you are either not editing the file correctly or the sage service is still running somehow. Double check in your taskmanager than nothing sage related is running.
And, as mentioned above--change the line:
STV=[...]\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMC_169.stv

to

STV=[...]\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMC_169.xml

make sure you hit save too!!
Hope that helps,
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Sage User

I figured it out. The file I was editing was the backup file I guess. In windows explorer the properties file is not sage.properties it is just sage. I edited the Sage file and it works.... thanks for the help
Old 06-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Sage User

Ok, I got it working but now all my tv, my videos and my music are empty. The drive mappings are all done and correct there is just nothing being displayed.

I just reverted back to the SageMC_169.stv and everything comes back..... weird

Last edited by theprophet36; 06-09-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok, I got it working but now all my tv, my videos and my music are empty. The drive mappings are all done and correct there is just nothing being displayed.

I just reverted back to the SageMC_169.stv and everything comes back..... weird
i was playing with my setup the other day and noticed, what might be the same thing. it took me a few hours to actually figure out what was going on. its (in my case, hopefully yours also) the 'advanced' setting that got implemented in a recent release, the setting that allows you to change the horizontal size (width) of the left and right panes.

the left pane gets set correctly but it seems the right pane doesnt get set (at least sometimes?). im thinking that by default, its supposed to use the rest of the space, but it sometimes gets set to 0. so the right pane is effectivly nothing, which gives the appearence that nothing is there, but it actually is, you just cant see it.

from the main menu in sagemc, go to settings > detailed setup > scroll down to the 'advanced' section on the left. now on the right hand pane, at the very bottom is an option 'sagemc 16x9 options'. click the edit button to the right and it'll take you to a new screen which will allow you to change some settings for the STV.

the setting you're looking for is under the 'basic' menu. so, select basic on the left side, and on the right side at the very bottom, the last 2 options allow you to specify the size of the left and right menu widths, im not sure what default is anymore, since ive changed them. but set your 'right menu width' to something around .7 (thats point seven). that should at least give you a a menu you can see now, and a starting point for you to get it to the size you want.

-edit, flachbar, if you want to look into it.... i havent narrowed it down, but it seems that this happens (at least sometimes) from a FRESH install, no properties file to read from, and a fresh 6.4 import, meaning no previous version of sagemc installed.

Last edited by xlr8shun; 06-09-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8shun
-edit, flachbar, if you want to look into it.... i havent narrowed it down, but it seems that this happens (at least sometimes) from a FRESH install, no properties file to read from, and a fresh 6.4 import, meaning no previous version of sagemc installed.
Hmm, couldn't reproduce it here, even with a fresh install. Kind of surpises me too, since the menu/pane widths have been in there even in mlbdude's version, I only made them accessible in the options menu, and they default to 0.26 / 0.71 if nothing is found in the properties file. No idea how it could become 0 ...

But thanks for the tip, it might fix his problem ....

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
I would bet you have Tools>Folder Options>View>Hide Extensions for known File Types box checked (In explorer)?? That would leave the ".properties" extension off of the file name and would make things much harder to find. You might want to un-check that box?
Yeah, good idea, this setting is the biggest crap and root of a lot of evil ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Brought in the LAST SageMC file from Nielm (5.10)
Actually, SageMC is mlbdude's creation. The built-in dynamic menu is from nielm (just for the record)...

Dirk
Old 06-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8shun
the setting you're looking for is under the 'basic' menu. so, select basic on the left side, and on the right side at the very bottom, the last 2 options allow you to specify the size of the left and right menu widths, im not sure what default is anymore, since ive changed them. but set your 'right menu width' to something around .7 (thats point seven). that should at least give you a a menu you can see now, and a starting point for you to get it to the size you want.

It was set to 0 weird, I set it to .7 and it did not fix the problem still nothing in the right margin.

Actually after further checking it fixed my music, but nothing else.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
How can I get Numeric Text Input to work in SageMC?
Old 06-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Kind of surpises me too, since the menu/pane widths have been in there even in mlbdude's version, I only made them accessible in the options menu, and they default to 0.26 / 0.71 if nothing is found in the properties file. No idea how it could become 0 ...
It may default to 0 as yo have two occurances of GetProperty("mlbdude/ui/rightpanewidth", 0) If the value doesnt exist when this section is used then it will get defaulted to 0. Both occurances are in the new SageMC Opptions section I think. (FYI same applied to leftmenuwidth) Dont quite see how this could get used first though.

Edit: Yes I do know how it gets set to 0... If after slecting the stv, you go from Main Menu -> Settings -> SageMC Options, the first use of the mlbdude/ui/rightpanewidth etc is the bit of code that lets you change the options. Unfortuantely this is where the default is set to 0 (The SageMC options menu doesnt use these values, it probably shoudl for consistancy)

Last edited by pjwerdna; 06-10-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna
It may default to 0 as yo have two occurances of GetProperty("mlbdude/ui/rightpanewidth", 0) If the value doesnt exist when this section is used then it will get defaulted to 0. Both occurances are in the new SageMC Opptions section I think. (FYI same applied to leftmenuwidth) Dont quite see how this could get used first though.

Edit: Yes I do know how it gets set to 0... If after slecting the stv, you go from Main Menu -> Settings -> SageMC Options, the first use of the mlbdude/ui/rightpanewidth etc is the bit of code that lets you change the options. Unfortuantely this is where the default is set to 0 (The SageMC options menu doesnt use these values, it probably shoudl for consistancy)
Yeah, thought of that possibility after posting, but instead of checking the code right away I was busy watching some world cup ...

Will be fixed in the next version.

Dirk