SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
... I was busy watching some world cup ...

Dirk
Yeah... How about that Sweden/Trinidad game... TaT held them to a scoreless match AND a man down! And the 'keeper for TaT did an outstanding job for a 'second' roster guy!

OK... enough thread jacking...

-Jason
Old 06-10-2006, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Hey flachbar,

How dare you enjoy your Saturday watching World Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
SageMC is plugging right along, and the family has not been happier, we now don't fight over who has control of the tuners with the network encoders. I love that feature of Sage, and of course it still looks like MCE... Good stuff m8!
Thanks jds23, comments like those keep me motivated ...

Dirk
Old 06-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Sage User

So the menu will be fixed in the next update?

Last edited by theprophet36; 06-10-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprophet36
So the menu will be fixed in the next update?
Yes, it will not set it to 0 if you go to the options menu after a fresh install. But you shouldn't have to wait for the update, manually setting this value should fix it too. So it still doesnt work for you ? If so, please send me your properties file ...

Dirk
Old 06-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would like to know if any of the custom keys are set to show scheduled recordings. Everytime I want to see what is going to be recorded I have to click my way to it. Unlike the recorded shows screen which only requires me pressing a remote key.

Would prefer if there was a custom key that I could press to get directly to the scheduled recording screens.

Thanks in advance...
Old 06-11-2006, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
I would like to know if any of the custom keys are set to show scheduled recordings. Everytime I want to see what is going to be recorded I have to click my way to it. Unlike the recorded shows screen which only requires me pressing a remote key.

Would prefer if there was a custom key that I could press to get directly to the scheduled recording screens.

Thanks in advance...
Hmm, not sure if I don't understand correctly, but there shouldn't be a problem to map the recording schedule to a remote button (I myself use this on my remote) ... Simply link the remote button you want to use to the Sage Command 'Recording Schedule' in Settings/DetailedSetup/Commands/Link ... to SageTV Command.

Or do you mean that you dont have any button on your remote available, and *need* to use one of the custom keys ?

Dirk
Old 06-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

Question about external player support

Just checking out this STV again, as I am trying to get real time playback of MPEG4 video from Dishnetwork. With this setting:

Quote:
mlbdude/use_external_media_player_tv_files=true
Use this property to tell SageTV to use your media_player.cmd file when playing back SageTV recordings.

If I change that to a player that can handle all the various types of video playback I need, will it be seamless, or will I see where it loads up an external program and not be like it is all integrated? Also, will video preview windows work (like in program guide view)?
Old 06-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hmm, not sure if I don't understand correctly, but there shouldn't be a problem to map the recording schedule to a remote button (I myself use this on my remote) ... Simply link the remote button you want to use to the Sage Command 'Recording Schedule' in Settings/DetailedSetup/Commands/Link ... to SageTV Command.

Or do you mean that you dont have any button on your remote available, and *need* to use one of the custom keys ?

Dirk
Doh!

Can't believe that I never saw this. I tried setting this up before but I guess I must of over looked it.

Thanks for your help...BTW great work on the updated SageMC stv.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Just checking out this STV again, as I am trying to get real time playback of MPEG4 video from Dishnetwork. With this setting:

If I change that to a player that can handle all the various types of video playback I need, will it be seamless, or will I see where it loads up an external program and not be like it is all integrated? Also, will video preview windows work (like in program guide view)?
I dont use external media player, but I just had a look at the code. It uses 'ExecuteProcess' to start the player, so I would think it will *not* be seamless, it will put Sage to sleep and load up the external program.

Dirk
Old 06-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Sage Icon

Problem with Comskip Autoskip

I'm using this STV now and when I start a recording with Autoskip turned on, it halts somewhere in the first 10 seconds and won't start again unless I skip forward. If I back up again, it will pause if I backup too far.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I dont use external media player, but I just had a look at the code. It uses 'ExecuteProcess' to start the player, so I would think it will *not* be seamless, it will put Sage to sleep and load up the external program.

Dirk
Thanks for the info. Not what I want then. Guess I need to mess around with some other method to get things working. But I still will probably use this STV, its just amazing the amount of work put into it!
Old 06-11-2006, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
I'm using this STV now and when I start a recording with Autoskip turned on, it halts somewhere in the first 10 seconds and won't start again unless I skip forward. If I back up again, it will pause if I backup too far.
You mean when you play back a recorded file with comskip info present, right ? Hmm, I use autoskip all the time, never seen this before ... Does this happen on all files ? Do you use the latest version 6.4 (look in Settings in the info box) ?

Anyone else can comment on this ?

Dirk
Old 06-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, I mean when comskip info is present. It happens all the time when there aren't commercials for the first few seconds. I am using 6.4. It also happens with the default stv if I import nielm's comskip playback stvi.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Sage User

what does a show need to be listed under premieres? the 2nd season of hells kitchen starts tonight and it wasnt listed. Is it only for new shows and not shows with multiple seasons?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred

This is a known issue with commskip. Doesn't look like it had been addressed yet...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17789

JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-12-2006, 10:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by itons
what does a show need to be listed under premieres? the 2nd season of hells kitchen starts tonight and it wasnt listed. Is it only for new shows and not shows with multiple seasons?
I am using the same code that is used in the standard STV in Malore's Custom menus: it filters on shows which contain the string "Series Premiere" in the airing details.

I just checked, Hell's kitchen contains 'Season Premiere" in the EPG data. Maybe it would make sense to only filter on "Premiere" ? If this is ok with everyone I will change this in the next version ...

Dirk
Old 06-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I am using the same code that is used in the standard STV in Malore's Custom menus: it filters on shows which contain the string "Series Premiere" in the airing details.

I just checked, Hell's kitchen contains 'Season Premiere" in the EPG data. Maybe it would make sense to only filter on "Premiere" ? If this is ok with everyone I will change this in the next version ...

Dirk
I am definately ok with that. Your suggestion seems to make more sense.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

I tried installing this on the latest SageTV Version and it does not see the .xml file.

I tried renaming it to .stv and it started to load it but then froze.

Is this able to work with V5?
Old 06-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am using this with the latest version. I had the same problem and I entered it into the properties file and it worked.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I tried installing this on the latest SageTV Version and it does not see the .xml file.

I tried renaming it to .stv and it started to load it but then froze.

Is this able to work with V5?
First of all, you need to make sure you have all of the files for SageMC. There's the lastest official version that is a 30mb download that contains all of the images and a SageMC.stv file and there is also a v6.5 dev build that just contains a SageMC.xml file.

Next, you either need to get your current STV upto date so It can recognize .xml files or go ahead and just load the SageMC.xml file through studio (ctrl+shift+f12 then file->load STV->SageMC.xml)

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)