SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

USBUIRT Locking up Sage

Hello,

I just received my usbuirt and installed it along with the latest drivers on the usbuirt site. All seemed well. When attempting to select a recorded program, or a live program from the guide sage will lockup tight as a drum (ie no mouse, no control/alt/delete, no nothing) and requires a hard restart of the pc.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the usbuirt device and driver, reinstalled sage, tried the latest api driver from usbuirt. If I simply unplug the usbuirt then all works well.

I cant be the first one with this problem (although a search turned up nothing). A working remote is all I am missing to make this all work. Help!

Thanks in advance.

Jesse
Old 04-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Are you using the on-board USB? What's your Motherboard model and chipset?

A friend of mine had the same problem using an older motherboard (Asus P3B-F 440BX). By putting in a PCI USB card he was able to get it working.

You may also want to check for IRQ conflicts.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hello,

New (2 mos old) intel mobo with 865 chipset. Yes, I am using onboard usb. Since posting last night I tried yet another sage install with the uirt already installed. Same problem. Tried updating my hauppauge drivers, same problem. I moved my kvm's usb connection to another usb port and moved the uirt to the port the kvm was in (mobo is new, but I figured I would try a usb port that I knew for sure was good). I did this while watching live tv on sage and just ran through the found new hardware wizard again (while leaving the live tv running on sage) and it now works. I just hope it keeps working.........

Thanks for the reply.

Jesse
Old 04-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had a very similiar problem when I first setup sage.

What I discovered was that this happened when running SageTV as a service and the user it was running as was NOT the same user as the user running the SageTV client.

Note this ONLY happened when using the USB-UIRT as both a controller for the cable box and as a IR reciever for controlling SageTV.