SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Sage User

Misc probs: DirectX filters, audio clipping, Windows Media Encoder

Just a misc. set of problems that I've come across...

1) DirectX filters...

Is there some way to figure out what all filters are installed on a PC (other than checking the properties on every single .ax file?) I'm having a few issues with filters on here, in particular, some of them will play for about one second, then the video just freezes while the audio continues on. I'd like to be able to strip out the filters and only add back in the ones that I really need.

2) On my USB-PVR2, the RCA audio inputs clip something awful when it's connected to my DirecTV box. The RF input seems to be fine, but there is noticable video degredation and mono audio when using the DirecTV receiver's output. Do I have a bad PVR2?

3) I'd love to be able to convert my Sage-recorded MPEG2 files to .WMV files, but haven't been able to do so succesfully with Windows Media Encoder. As soon as I choose the file in Windows Media Encoder (not even encoding, just choosing the file), WME just sits there, using 100% CPU usage and starts sucking up RAM and virtual memory. Even after letting it sit there for 30 mins, it was still in that frozen state, sucking up more RAM.

Any and all ideas are VERY much appreciated... These are things which have been plaguing me for some time, but I've just now had some extra time to work on them.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Sage Icon

For number 2) you could try this:
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=9980
Old 04-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Sage User

Lucas, thank you... will have to try it later this week...that's my portable system that gets dragged on the road when I travel. Will post results.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

for #1, you could use graphedit, then take a look at all the filters installed. You could also use a filter manager which will show you the same list, but might be easier to use for what you want to know. Search for it, there's several out there. You can even search for filtermanager (no spaces) and the second google has a nice program available. Neither of these choices will show you what is included with windows or what has been added by you.

Graphedit-use FILE>RENDER MEDIA FILE, pick your media file, it will then show you what filters are currently set to default.

Last edited by spaceghost; 04-04-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageFL
Just a misc. set of problems that I've come across...

1) DirectX filters...

Is there some way to figure out what all filters are installed on a PC (other than checking the properties on every single .ax file?) I'm having a few issues with filters on here, in particular, some of them will play for about one second, then the video just freezes while the audio continues on. I'd like to be able to strip out the filters and only add back in the ones that I really need.
Check this out. http://www.updatexp.com/sherlock-codec-detective.html

Free, easy, tells you all the stuff you ever wanted to know..