SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Music playback cutting songs off early

This is a new one that just cropped up in the past couple of weeks. Just to cover the configuration - I'm using Sage 2.8 client with the latest Cayers, internal media player, on an Athlon XP 2800, 1GB Ram, 100MBit network, connected back to my Athlon 64 2800/512MB Ram Sage server.

Lately, whenever I am playing music (Lame encoded MP3, --alt-preset extreme) the songs cut off early. Sometimes it's just a couple of seconds, occuationally it's up to half the song. It just quits playing the song as if the song ended, and moves on to the next one.

I'm not seeing any strange readings in memory, processor or network load. When streaming music, it sits around 30-48KB/s. The actual files are fine, too. Most of them have been in use for years on various devices (computer, Audiotrons, Phatbox, etc.).

Any clues why Sage is cutting the playback early? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Check your audio renderer, and try a different one (this happened to me when my renderer was set to the DirectSound device for my soundcard... Resetting it to Default resolved the problem)
Old 05-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

I get weird MP3 playback with directsound selected as well... Selecting WaveOut corrects all the issues I have with MP3s but causes a "burp" after ff/rw watching TV. So I swap back and forth if I going to do any extended listening of tunes!

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have many problems where I don't hear any audio when a file starts playing but if I go forward or backwards in the song then the audio plays fine.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

A little more info. The computer is an nForce2 board (Shuttle), and I'm using the digital out for sound.

I tried changing the audio renderer. It is currently set to Default WaveOut. I ran through everything available (Default DirectSound, nVidia nForce Audio, Cyberlink, Directsound:NVidia nForce Audio). I didn't bother seeing if they worked with regards to cutting the song off, because they _all_ produced distorted sound. The song played, and the "normal" sound was there, but there was also a "burbling" sound, sort of a pre-echo on bass hits and strong notes. This was present in ALL modes other than Default WaveOut.

I'm sending a file to Tech Support, but any additional clues/help would be most welcome.

Last edited by src666; 05-25-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone here have any clues on this? Sage support appears to have just vanished. I opened a case, answered a few questions, sent them a file, then never heard back. It's been 3 weeks, so I guess they have decided they have bigger fish to fry.

So meanwhile I have an unusable music library. Frankly, at this point I'm about to start shopping for a solution with better support. That's too bad, because I really like the TV portion of Sage.