SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-15-2005, 06:52 AM
Sage User

Channels numbers in epgdata.xml

Hello !

As I live in Switzerland, I try to configure my Sage TV to import data from the epgdata.xml file with the latest xmltv plugin for Sage TV.

It seems to work not too bad because I can retrieve all data from the xml file and I have the complete TV guide. The problem is that with xmltv, I grabbed the channels and programms using "xmltv tv_grab_fr..." (== for France), because there is no "tv_grab_ch" option for Switzerland. So, when imported into Sage TV, the channels do not match at all : for exemple TV France should be on channel 61 but it is on channel 44 according to epgdata.xml.

So...is there a mean of changing channel numbers in the epgdata.xml file ?

For exemple, here is the beginning of my epgdata.xml :

Code:
<tv source-info-url="http://telepoche.guidetele.com/" source-data-url="http://telepoche.guidetele.com/" generator-info-name="XMLTV" generator-info-url="http://membled.com/work/apps/xmltv/">
  <channel id="C1.telepoche.com">
    <display-name>tf1</display-name>
    <icon src="http://telepoche.guidetele.com/c_img/chaine/tf1.gif" />
  </channel>
So...where does it say that "tf1" should be on channel 85 or that it is on frenquency XXX. I do not understand how Sage TV or the xmltv plugin do the mapping !?

Any explanation would be welcome...
Thanks.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

In SageTV, you can go to each channel in turn and remap it in Channel setup.

Alternatively, how's your XSL? You could write an XSL transform to kick out the same XML but with different channel numbers.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Sage User

I know it is possible to remap channel numbers directly in SageTV, but I found it a bit boring. I hope at least that I won't have to remap each time I load a new epgdata.xml !?

For the xsl suggestion, I don't understand what you mean...
Old 06-15-2005, 08:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I know it is possible to remap channel numbers directly in SageTV, but I found it a bit boring. I hope at least that I won't have to remap each time I load a new epgdata.xml !?
No, you shouldn't have to do that - Sage should remember it.

Quote:
For the xsl suggestion, I don't understand what you mean...
That probably means you shouldn't try and do it .

XSL is a way of taking one form of XML and changing it into another form of XML - so you would have your original epgdata.xml file, then use a channel-number-change.xsl file to transform it into a new epgdata.xml file using an XSL transform engine (there are loads of them available). But you'd need to learn how to write XSL files and run them against XML, which is probably harder work than just remapping all the Channels in SageTV.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Sage User

I think I would be able to write such a xsl file, but it would be completely useless as the xmltv plugin for sage does not manage the channel number. I would have to adapt the plugin as well...
Old 06-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

If you know the number, and you can write XSL, you should be able to do it... Alan Birtles' version of XMLTV for the UK kicks out XML with the correct channel numbers and Sage picks them up. I'll look at the XML when I get home and let you know what attribute you need to add via XSL.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

The French XMLTV grabber does not include channel numbers in the XML, so remapping them is a necessary part of first-time Sage setup.

Once you have remapped the channel numbers once in Sage, they are re-mapped forever -- there is no need to have the channel numbers in the XML for every import