SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-17-2005, 02:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Arrow STV Import: Enable Dscaler for Sage MPEG decoder (v1.1 17/Jun/2005)

Sage TV 2.2 included a Sage-branded MPEG2 video decoder..

One little-known feature of this decoder is that it can be used with the Dscaler deinterlacing filters that are incldued and incorportated with Sage -- previously this could only be possible with the Elecard/Moonlight MPEG2 decoder that cost additional $$$.

The only problem was that in 2.2, the Sage User interface does not know this, and keeps the Dscaler options hidden even when you select the SageTV decoder!

This plugin fixes this, and enables the DScaler configuration when the SageTV MPEG decoder is selected in Detailed Setup/Video.

Installation
  • Download the STV zip file, and unpack the contents into your SageTV directory ( normally C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV) taking care that the file paths are preserved.
    This will create STVs/OriginalV2/enable_dscaler_with_sage_decoder.stv
  • Backup your existing STV and import the STVs/OriginalV2/include_archived_import.stv following the General Module Installation Instructions in the Sage Wiki

Please limit this thread to discussing the plugin only...
Any discussions of the actual Dscaler options and settings should go into a separate thread in the SageTV forum, as they are general Sage features.

(having said that, the Greedy2Frame plugin with double refresh rate works well for me with SDTV and S-Video out!)
Old 06-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Im looking forward to giving this a try, however (apologies if dumb question) will it work with MCE 16x9 STV ?

Cheers

Mark
Old 06-17-2005, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Should work with any STV that has the Detailed Setup pages from the Original STV... So, yes.. (I have only tested it with OrigV2 tho)
Old 06-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hmmm. Tempting. I wonder how this will par up to using nVidia? Currently I use that. If I use the dScaler as a deinterlacer, can I still use nVidia as a decoder? Or do I have to use the Sage decoder?
Old 06-17-2005, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

This exposes the dscaler menu choice when using the Sage decoder. It doesn't do this for nVidia or other decoders. (Elecard was always exposed to the dscaler menu choice.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Importing a module into an STV that already contains it can have odd effects (so don't do it)
Quick question, does Cayars 18 already contain this plugin? I just reenabled Cayars after going back to vanilla and am using the Sage decoder (which I just discovered and is pretty darned good). There is a Dscaler menu item in detailed settings but I can't enable it so I wasn't sure if its already there or if thats just a kind of place holder for your plugin. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2005, 01:15 AM
SageTVaholic

This plugin only enables UI pages that were already in SageTV 2.1, so cayars does not include it.

Without this plugin, you see Dscaler options button as disabled and is not clickable when you select SageTV Mpeg2 decoder.

With this plugin, the dscaler options button becomes Configure and is clickable.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
before I try.. Nielm, how does it compare to Nvidia decoder?
Is it CPU intensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
This plugin only enables UI pages that were already in SageTV 2.1, so cayars does not include it.

Without this plugin, you see Dscaler options button as disabled and is not clickable when you select SageTV Mpeg2 decoder.

With this plugin, the dscaler options button becomes Configure and is clickable.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 06-18-2005, 05:09 PM
SageTVaholic

don't know: don't have Nvidia decoders...
Old 06-20-2005, 08:12 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
don't know: don't have Nvidia decoders...
Thanks for the STV Nielm however (at least for me) when compared to the Nvidia decoder, it is still miles apart. Perhaps for others this will push the SageTV decoder over the top when compared to what others are currently using!
Thanks again!!
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8