SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-24-2005, 10:38 PM
SageTVaholic

How can I make remote control mapping for "Detailed Info"?

Am I missing something obvious? How come I can't find a "Detailed Info" hotkey for remote control mapping? I just saw an "Info" button which isn't the same thing.

So what do I need to do to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!
Michael
Old 06-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Administrator

What exactly are you trying to do & what part of it isn't working?

The Info command is the one used to go to the detailed info screen for the show currently highlighted, or it is used to toggle the OSD during playback. (Unless you are using a custom STV that has changed this functionality...)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the quick response. I mapped "info" to my remote. When I pressed the button on the remote while watching Live TV, all it did was show up the limited information displayed on the top of the screen OSD instead of this...

When you right click with a mouse on your Live TV screen (when watching TV) and select from the menu "Detailed Information" which brings up actors, rating, etc.

Did i do somethinig wrong?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Administrator

(See p. 96 in the v2.2 PDF manual in your SageTV dir.) Like I said above: during playback, Info toggles the OSD. The mouse right click is equivalent to the Options command, so that is the command to use in order to get to that pop-up menu during playback.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Andy, thanks for trying to explain. I already understand what happens when I select INFO (toggles OSD). I also understand what the OPTIONS command does; as I have reviewed the manual already.

Either I'm not undestanding something very basic or I'm not doing a good job explaining what I want done.

All I want to do is click ONE BUTTON on the remote control and SageTV will do the equivalent of (right clicking the screen to get options while watching TV, then selecting DETAILED INFO). This will bring up all possible information on the TV show I'm watching (actors, rating, date first aired, etc).

Currently, when I use the "INFO" hotkey, it simply turns on the OSD... showing the title, a very brief description, and at the botton the PVR controls (same info as when you change a channel. That's not the same as "DETAILED INFO".

Thanks again for helping me!
-Michael
Old 06-25-2005, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

What Opus was sort of saying was... Its not possible.
(someone may implement it, or have already implemented it in a custom STV, but I don't know).
Old 06-25-2005, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Wow, that's what I thought. I was hoping I was just being dumb and overlooked something. How could something so useful for PVR and general viewing purposes not be available as a hotkey? There are hotkeys to do all sorts of less useful tasks.

So, in order for me to do this each time I want to see detailed info on a movie, I would have to hit the options hot key, then use down, down, until I reach "detailed info", then select "enter"? Geez, I might as well get up and go to the PC itself and use the mouse.

Out of all the hacks, there's not a way to at least make this a bit easier to do?

nielm, thanks for answering my question. Maybe some hardcore sagetv dude might figure out a clever way to do this.

-Michael
Old 06-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Administrator

I did misunderstand what was being asked: I thought you were asking how to get to that point with the remote, using 'normal' commands, but whether there is a way to do it depends on what remote you are using, or perhaps how you are using it. Essentially, you would have to send multiple commands to do what you want & if the Detailed Info option is ever at a different positon on the pop-up options menu, it won't always work. Just send the command sequence as a series of keystrokes or a series of event codes via Windows messages; the best way to do that depends on your remote and/or remote software.

- Andy
Old 07-17-2005, 05:40 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to vuego
I too find this kinda annoying. I guess the OSD shows info only from the desc tag of epgdata.xml. I'd like the credits tag with director and actors to show up there as well, just as it does in the detailed info screen.
I can make my epg grabber disable the credits tag and just leave the info in the desc tag but that means losing the ability to search for actors and set an actor as a favorite...

Maybe this can be an option in a future Sage version..?