SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Arrow STV: malore's STV for SageTV V4

I've rebuilt my STV file starting with the SageTV V3.0.3 STV file. So it includes all SageTV's latest features plus all the features from my previous STV file:

- support for comskip both in the media player and in background processing
- Show closed captioning using .smi files.
- Text disk space indicator
The following are now part of the Unofficial Secret Extra V3 UI Features:
- my highly customizable/filterable 3-pane menus
- XML show data export
- Viewing History (easily clear all you watched shows or mark shows that you don't like)

Updated September 24:
· Added HDTV to the filtering options
· Added option to use my menu style for the Airing History and Additional Airings (Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Malore Menu Options -> Custom Additional Airings)

Updated October 17:
· Rebuilt using the V3.13RC2 default STV file.
· Reorganized the main menu to my liking.
· Made an import file that can be used instead of the .stv file.

See my website for screenshots and more details, but the new version can only be found here.

If you don't want/need all these features nielm has made several imports with some of these features.

Instructions:
1. Install latest version of SageTV V3.
2. Download malore3.13.zip
3. unzip malore3.zip and place malore3.stv into the same folder as the new SageTV3.stv. Probably somewhere like Program Files\(Frey Technologies or SageTV)\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3.
4. Then load it in SageTV under Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> SageTV Application Package.
5. Enjoy

Or download the attachment, make a copy of SageTV3.stv and uncheck the read only attribute. Then in the advanced settings of the Detailed Setup, select your copy of the SageTV3.stv and then import the malore_import.stvi.

If you haven't already enabled the Unofficial Secret Extra V3 UI Features:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Enabling or disabling the extras is real simple... go to System Information and enter four digits in a row:

You will notice that a small dot appears in the upper left corner. That dot indicates that the extras have been enabled. To disable the extras, enter 5309 again.
Setting up comskip:
  1. Download one of the following or any other comskip compatible programs:
  2. Unzip and place the comskip files (or comskip proxy if using Show Analyzer) in the directory that contains SageTV.exe (ex. C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV)
  3. Set comskip options under Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Comskip Options.
    • The "broadcast type" setting only applies to the .stv and other settings may be necessary in the comskip program.
    • Background commercial processing is done as a function of the STV file, so will not work if SageTV is just running as a service. Jere_Jones' DirMon can be used instead.
  4. Commercial Skipping in the Media player can be done in two ways.
    1. While watching a show, open the options menu (yellow button, esc, right click) and change Com. Auto Skip to Enabled.
    2. In Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command, link the Custom 4 and Custom 5 commands to something. I suggest using "[" and "]" but anything will work and of course you can also use girder or something else to send these commands. Custom 5 skips ahead to the beginning of the next non-commercial segment. Custom 4 skips back to the previous segment, commercial or non-commercial.
  5. Commercial skipping can be started manually in the malore style SageTV Recordings by using the Custom 5 command or by using the options menu (must have enabled it in Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Malore Menu Options -> Display Commercial Detection Options).

Download malore3.13.zip for the complete .stv file or download the attachment to import the changes yourself.
Attached Files
File Type: stvi malore_import3.13.stvi (56.5 KB, 1192 views)

Last edited by malore; 10-20-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Sage Icon

Seems to be working fine.

And the COMSKIP playback supports CUSTOM $ & 5 for manual skipping like it should (it is broken in Nielm's import right now).

Also, the OPTIONS -> SORT BY menu works correctly, whereas in Nielm's import is currently pops up the menu with nothing highlighted, so if you are using the remote you get stuck.

Only thing I DON'T like is that the recordings screen doesn't match the rest of the STV now. In v3.0 the selction highlighting is all silver, reverse text - but the highlighting in the Malore recording screen is blue. Looks out of place.

The Nielm's Malore recordings import shows the highlighting with the new v3.0 silver, reversed text, but the OPTIONS -> SORT BY menu is broken and maual COMSKIP doesn't work (as mentioned about).

Sucha dilemma... :P

Jason
Old 07-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Sage Fanatic

JasonJoel, you've done an excellent job of summarizing the differences between using nielm's import files or using my STV file. I had originally intended to change the look to more closely match the new STV3 theme, but I ran into some snags with the options menus and wasn't happy with the look on the main 3-pane menu, so I left it as is.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Whether you use it as an import or in your STV your concept of viewing show data is still far and away the best method I have ever seen (esp in large chunks).

It's brillant really. I'm very glad to see you've moved it forward to 3.0. I quite like the text disk space indicator so I'm going to build off your STV.

Thanks for sharing.

peace . . .
Old 07-29-2005, 04:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

thanks malore!

Malore,

You dont know how eagerly I was awaiting this (!!!) it just wasn't the same and my sage enjoyment plummeted manually skipping commercials, ploddingly scrolling through recorded shows to select my favorites, oh it was horrible.

thank goodness its over, and thank you !!

Cory

(I hate that little 'have a beer' icon with a passion. but if you ever get out vancouver (canada) way I will buy ya a nice canadian beer )
Old 07-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the words of appreciation, they've motivated me to make a few changes and add a few features that I've thought about doing for some time.

New features:
- Can now switch between settings (grouping, sorting, filtering) with the custom4 command on my 3-pane menus. A small number will appear between the SageTV logo and the menu name to indicate which settings group you're using. By default it will switch between one additional settings group, each menu has their own alternate settings group. For example, with the press of a button you could filter out watched shows on the "SageTV Recordings" or you could switch between grouping the "Recording Schedule" by date to grouping it by title.

-Added a red dot to the title of the group(s) containing a show currently recording.

-Can now disable my "Smart Select" which interprets the select command as the play command in "SageTV Recordings", the record command for future airings, or the watched command in "Viewing History". If disabled, use "play" to start a show in "SageTV Recordings". My remote has a joystick style directional arrows which occasionally sends the select command by mistake.

Changes:
Commercials are marked in the media player as darker areas instead of bright purple.

enjoy,
malore

download malore3.zip

Last edited by malore; 07-30-2005 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
Thanks for the words of appreciation, they've motivated me to make a few changes and add a few features that I've thought about doing for some time.

New features:
- Can now switch between settings (grouping, sorting, filtering) with the custom4 command on my 3-pane menus. A small number will appear between the SageTV logo and the menu name to indicate which settings group you're using. By default it will switch between one additional settings group, each menu has their own alternate settings group. For example, with the press of a button you could filter out watched shows on the "SageTV Recordings" or you could switch between grouping the "Recording Schedule" by date to grouping it by title.

-Added a red dot to the title of the group(s) containing a show currently recording.

-Can now disable my "Smart Select" which interprets the select command as the play command in "SageTV Recordings", the record command for future airings, or the watched command in "Viewing History". If disabled, use "play" to start a show in "SageTV Recordings". My remote has a joystick style directional arrows which occasionally sends the select command by mistake.

Changes:
Commercials are marked in the media player as darker areas instead of bright purple.

enjoy,
malore

download malore3.zip
Yet another convert here Malore...
I love your work also Malore and am using your stv with some of Neilms imports currently. I am still having difficulty separating it in my mind though from what is included in Neilms work. Can you give me a brief description with some screen shots perhaps, of what is included with this STV.

Also, I'm not clear how to tell what is an stv import and what is an STV?

Sorry to be so dumb on all this. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around everything to make it easier to try new imports and stuff. Right now I am looking at a complete redo because I've messed something up along the way.

Maybe I can write something in the Wiki along the way with Title, 'short description', latest release date, a link to download, and a link to install instructions. A list like that if it were well written might go a long way toward helping redo their setup if need be.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 07-30-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Info on Malore's stv is on his website posted in the first message in this thread.

Info on what Nielm has included in his 'malore' module can be found in the module's thread (you've posted messages in it!).

Both types of files (stv's and modules) have the .stv extension but they are always clearly labeled here as stvs or modules. If nothing else you can tell that the 'malore.stv' file is an stv and 'weather report suite import' is a module just by the file names.

Think of a module as a plugin to an stv.

A redo will only take 2-3 minutes if that to reimport the modules.

A list already appears in the first sticky in the customizations thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Yet another convert here Malore...
I love your work also Malore and am using your stv with some of Neilms imports currently. I am still having difficulty separating it in my mind though from what is included in Neilms work. Can you give me a brief description with some screen shots perhaps, of what is included with this STV.

Also, I'm not clear how to tell what is an stv import and what is an STV?

Sorry to be so dumb on all this. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around everything to make it easier to try new imports and stuff. Right now I am looking at a complete redo because I've messed something up along the way.

Maybe I can write something in the Wiki along the way with Title, 'short description', latest release date, a link to download, and a link to install instructions. A list like that if it were well written might go a long way toward helping redo their setup if need be.

Last edited by Hector; 07-30-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Sage Expert

I'm sure I'm missing something...

Quote:
A small number will appear between the SageTV logo and the menu name to indicate which settings group you're using.
Mine isn't showing a number. I'm not sure whether I am looking in the right place?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 07-31-2005, 02:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

Settings 1 (Normal):

Settings 2 (Not Watched): See the 2 between Sage and SageTV Recordings

The Custom4 command switches between settings groups. To link a button/keystroke to the Custom4 command go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Commands->Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTVCommand.

To verify you've updated correctly to the latest version of my STV file, go to "Custom Menus" and press the "Info" command (ctrl^I) and you should see a little dialog box indicating it was last updated: 30 July 05.

Last edited by malore; 07-31-2005 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:27 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Settings 1 (Normal):
The Custom4 command switches between settings groups. To link a button/keystroke to the Custom4 command go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Commands->Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTVCommand.

To verify you've updated correctly to the latest version of my STV file, go to "Custom Menus" and press the "Info" command (ctrl^I) and you should see a little dialog box indicating it was last updated: 30 July 05.
Ahhh
I get it now. I'm using what comes with v3 for recordings but not for the other menus. Thanks for the explaination. You've got great stuff Malore. Those filters are fantastic! I love those menus.

Do you have any interest in creating a font and screen specific background utility?
-- Snoopy
Old 07-31-2005, 04:00 AM
Sage Expert

*** grouping in Custom Menus

I love what you did with the different groupings Malore. It really helps out. I wonder if you could add a star (*) grouping to a custom menu? Every now and then, I get a hankering to watch an old movie and would love pick ones with the highest stars first. This would work well for just about anything though, The ones with zero (0) stars could appear at the bottom of the list. It also might be helpfull to know what publishing outfit gave it the stars (ie. Roper & Ebert, or NY Times, or whatever). What do you think about adding that to the group by filter?
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 07-31-2005 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I love what you did with the different groupings Malore. It really helps out. I wonder if you could add a star (*) grouping to a custom menu? Every now and then, I get a hankering to watch an old movie and would love pick ones with the highest stars first. This would work well for just about anything though, The ones with zero (0) stars could appear at the bottom of the list. It also might be helpfull to know what publishing outfit gave it the stars (ie. Roper & Ebert, or NY Times, or whatever). What do you think about adding that to the group by filter?
Yes, I can do that, however I don't know what zap2it's source for the star ratings is. See the first post to download the updated version.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Sage Expert

The version number I have is 3.0. Are you saying you went ahead and implemented that?
-- Snoopy
Old 08-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The version number I have is 3.0. Are you saying you went ahead and implemented that?
Yes, I updated my STV on the 31st to include "Star Rating" as an option for grouping.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

sweeeet, I wanted that 'star rating' feature also !
thanks malore

Cory
Old 08-03-2005, 06:38 AM
Sage Expert

separate modules

Hey Malore,
Thanks for doing the stars. That helps a bunch. Would you mind releasing the 'new' custom menus and your new comskip separately as importable modules?
-- Snoopy
Old 08-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Updated July 31:
Added the option to group by the Star Rating of movies.
I had the guides set up the way I wanted (filtered and grouped acordingly). Is there a file I can copy over to retain those relatively fine tuned settings?
-- Snoopy
Old 08-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Quote:
Yes, I updated my STV on the 31st to include "Star Rating" as an option for grouping.
I'm not having any luck with grouping by star rating. It comes back saying "No Shows" and the groups (which are whatever they were before I selected star rating) are greyed out. All of the movies show stars after the title and movie year. The only way I changed your STV was to import dynamic menus. Any ideas?

EDIT: It works in the "Upcoming Movies" guide but not in the Guide* guides even if I filter it to only be movies. Grouping by movie year and rating does work in those guides, though.

t

Last edited by ErsatzTom; 08-05-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Sage Expert

Hey Tom,
The STV can't be re-imported on top of itself. You must start with a clean stv if you are importing. But the updated one 7-1-2005 is not included in Neilm's 7-4-2005 plugin.
-- Snoopy