SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Sage User

Hanging on Add Cable Box

Got my USB UIRT in the mail today...Hooked it up, selected it in detailed setup and commands...then made sure everything was mapped correctly. I went to select the source and add the cable box. This is where things turned sour.

Sage has you point your cable box remote at USB UIRT and press 0. I did so for 15 minutes without Sage giving any confirmation or doing anything. So, I had to kill Sage since it had decided to hang. Now I can't set my cable box in the source setup.

I know I've seen a post about this before but I don't think it was resolved. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can resolve it?
Old 08-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Sage Icon

The USB-UIRT can't learn IR signals unless the remote is very close to it. I had to put it 1-2 inches away. (If it's not learning than it'll work from far away).

I'm not sure why you can't go back to set it up but when you find out how make sure the remote is very close to the USB-UIRT.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Sage User

Thanks sleonard.

I took your advice and tried this at 1-2 inches. However, I still have the exact same problem...I'm waiting for Sage to tell me to stop pushing the 0 and it doesn't. Then I have to kill the program to get out of that screen.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

And you installed the latest Windows driver for the USB-UIRT?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Administrator

If you are using service mode, try running in non-service mode to see if that helps.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
And you installed the latest Windows driver for the USB-UIRT?

Gerry

Yes...freshly downloaded from usbuirt.com
Old 08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Sage User

Gerry;
When you find out how to make yours work, let me know, I have the same problem.
Tried unistalling the uirt and reloading the drivers and then pointing my remote at the uirt from about 1/2-2" with no luck, I have to hit Control Alt Delete and end Sage to get out of this screen.

Jerry
Old 08-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
If you are using service mode, try running in non-service mode to see if that helps.

- Andy

Killed the service and tried this. No fix. Still hanging on the setup page when it wants you to hold 0 down on your cable box remote. It doesn't even give me an error when trying to learn it...just freezes.

Does it matter that I'm running XP Home? Someone said that this was a problem with the UIRT...is it?
Old 08-07-2005, 06:15 AM
Sage Icon

When you say killed the service you disabled it not just stopped it right? If you didn't you should exit the Sage interface then run the Sage service control app and then stop then disable the service. Then close the control app and run Sage again and try again.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:38 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
When you say killed the service you disabled it not just stopped it right? If you didn't you should exit the Sage interface then run the Sage service control app and then stop then disable the service. Then close the control app and run Sage again and try again.

DOH! Nope...I didn't. I just stopped it. I didn't know you had to disable it as well. Once I did this, it worked just fine.

Man, sorry if I wasted people's time. Thanks ToxMox...I should have guessed that turning off the service meant shutting everything down.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, when the Sage service is enabled, running or not, it will make sure the service is started when you start the interface. Now that you got it set up just reverse the procedure to enable the service again.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Sage User

Tried disabling Sage service, no luck. Then reloaded the UIRT drivers and started over, success!!! The only problem is that my Sat box will go to channel 13 instead of chan 120, could just be the location of the UIRT, will try moving it around and see if this corrects the problem.

Thanks
Jerry

Last edited by Jblk9695; 08-11-2005 at 06:09 PM.