SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Sage User

Just a little bug that has been there from before you took over that I have forgotten to report:
when you send the sage event "video" to go to the video library, it takes you there for a second, but then diverts to the imports menu.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Sage User

Sources Setup Menu

This is a great looking STV.

Does anybody know how to access the "Add/Modify Input Sources" menu,
which is available on the Standard STV.

If I need to add a channel to my lineup, The only way I know how is to remove the Meekell STV and load the original STV. That one gives you the Setup menu so that you can add , delete or modify input sources, including Adding channels, modifying Remote Control codes, etc.

I cannot find it using the Meekell STV.

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Sage User

Sorting Shows

"intelligent" sort method cannot be functioning correctly.

I've got 50+ CSI episodes (Las Vegas) to watch and I've been watching them from the bottom up hoping its sorted by episode number.

Whenever I close/restart SAGEtv, the list reorders. So I have no idea what the intelligent sorting feature is doing atm.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:07 PM
Sage Icon

So wierd. I could have sword I responded to this a couple of weeks ago...

fvfv: I haven't ported all the menus to the STV yet, so there are a couple of functions that are not accessible via it's internal menus. To change the lineup etc. switch to the standard STV, make the changes, then switch back. Sorry for the inconvenience...

jasondragon: yeah, the 'intelligent' sorting never has really worked well with this menu system. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't like resorting things inside the folders intelligently. Though I haven't really taken a look at it. I normally browse in 'alphabetical' mode which makes the most sense to me if I want to find a show, it's fairly easy. This also sorts based on record date, oldest on top, which would allow you to watch them top down and it shouldn't resort when you restart.

Let me know how that works. Sorry, I know it's not perfect, but I took a look at the 'intelligent' section once - my eyes were crosseyed for a couple of hours as a result. maybe after the holidays I'll take another look, but right now my day job has me by the throat, and I'm not going to get any days off for a while...

Sorry guys.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Sage User

i notice not all items under "weather" have an icon under the main menu, is that normal behavior?

Last edited by mattress; 01-20-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Sage Icon

Some areas get types of weather that don't have icons. Easiest way to fix it is to find the number of the weather type you're Missing and copy another icon to that number. Look at the weather.txt file in your weather folder in the STV folder.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
Some areas get types of weather that don't have icons. Easiest way to fix it is to find the number of the weather type you're Missing and copy another icon to that number. Look at the weather.txt file in your weather folder in the STV folder.
and for the weather thing, one of them is "AM Clouds / PM Sun" I don't know how to rename a file to that?

wow, thanks for the quick reply! So far your STV is pretty impressive. I'm coming from SageMCE16x9 STV to yours, and I'm still learning all the features as I go.

I found the main menu animation to be very "twitchty", so I had to disable that.

Right now, I'm trying to burn a dvd. I added 2 shows to it, and hit "burn". Right now on the screen it shows:
2 Titles found
adding text for "whatever the name of the 2nd show is"

and it's just sitting there. in the c:\work\ folder, theres a folder SageDVDBuild that has the root menu picture, and an empty "movies" folder. am I impatient or has it stalled?

Last edited by mattress; 01-20-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, I need to re-work the animation. As for the burning, it might have stalled. the demuxer chokes on some mpegs. Don't Know how to track that down.try another mpeg on its own.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Sage User

I think i finally got DVD burning to work. I downloaded and installed KJake's debug version, and it looks like it's running now! Lets see if it finished
Old 01-22-2006, 02:52 AM
Sage Icon

Glad to hear it works!
Old 01-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Sage User

over

hi people,

does anyone have a similar problem or know what setting to change so the show description text in the epg browser isn't half covered by the video window?

i have attached a picture as an example.

cheers
iain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg over.jpg (33.6 KB, 429 views)
Old 01-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Sage User

has anyone got the dvd burning to work? :sigh:

dvdburn.log:
Code:
DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.10.
Build options: gnugetopt iconv freetype
Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

INFO: Locale=C
INFO: Converting filenames to US-ASCII
INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
WARN: First cell is not marked as a chapter in PGC 0, setting chapter flag
STAT: Picking VTS 01

STAT: Processing C:\Work\SageDVDBuild\movies\SageTopMenuFinal.mpg...

INFO: Video pts = 0.178 .. 1.846
INFO: Audio[0] pts = 0.178 .. 1.458
INFO: Audio[32] pts = 0.178 .. 0.178

STAT: Processing C:\Work\SageDVDBuild\movies\Squidbillies-TakeThisJobandLoveIt-162772-0.xml_SageSubMenuFinal.mpg...
ERR:  Error opening C:\Work\SageDVDBuild\movies\Squidbillies-TakeThisJobandLoveIt-162772-0.xml_SageSubMenuFinal.mpg: No such file or directory
Old 01-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Sage Icon

iain: I think this is related to the background video setting. Try putting it as "PIP" rather than 'background' and let me know if it fixes it.

mattress: You might be able to find better help in the DVD Burning thread kjake has made. But it looks like it's looking for the wrong filename. Do you get the same error for every show you try?
Old 01-30-2006, 05:41 AM
Sage User

Video Preview Window

I started using you stv for the first time with Sagetv 4.0(4.16). I am impressed with all the little details incorporated into it...Thanks to you, Meekell and others who have enhanced it...

I was extremely surprised to find that the video preview windows works with my MVP extender....where did that come from?..Is it the result of your STV? (cannot do with other STV's, did Sagetv sneeked it in their latest Update??) I thought the MVP could not display the live video/recordings on the small display..Whose complaining!! Thanks
Old 02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Sage User

I am using DirMon and ShowAnalyzer for commerical detection. Everything appears to be working correctly. The commerical breaks show in the STV but they don't skip automatically. I have chosen in the options to enable commerical skipping automatically. The purple bars show, but I don't have auto skip.

If anyone has encountered this or has a solution please let me know.

Thank you.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Sage Icon

While you're watching a show, try hitting your 'option' button (defaults to ESC). Then set the auto-skip to enabled, and tell me if it works.

I'll take a look and see if I need to reset that property to default to enabled.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Still lovin this .stv! Crashless, you've done a great job.

Now that the 'butt kissing' is out of the way , can anyone walk me through step by step how to setup TheaterTek for use as the DVD player with this .stv? All the documentation I've found seems to have been changed, or isn't complete anymore.

Many thanks in advance!

-PGPfan
Old 02-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Sage User

Crashless,

I have the auto skip enabled, but it doesn't seem to work.

Let me know what you would like to do to for me to test. I am using show analyzer, the purple bars are there when I see the show, just no autoskip.

Thank you, great STV.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

PGPfan: I'm not sure if external player support was ever implemented. I'll see how difficult it would be to put in.

grbsaaber: Well that sucks. While you're watching a show, does hitting right or left do anything? It should jump to the next point.

Is anyone else using SA for their commercial skipping?
Old 02-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Sage User

Hitting left and right was just moving it by the amount of time assigned to the buttons, it was not skipping the whole block.