SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Sage Icon

Crashless, can you detail what features might be broken (if any) if we use this with the current beta?
thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 04-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Crashless, can you detail what features might be broken (if any) if we use this with the current beta?
thanks
JUC
The only thing I've noticed is wierd are the scroll bars on the main menu. It seems the transparency is working, but it's darker than I remember, so I might lighten it up in the next update.

Other then that, everything seems pretty normal.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Sage User

OK I hate to bother you again, but I have a silly question.
I have comskip + dirmon setup, and everything has been working great!

but over time, my sagetv recording directory has accumulated about 1,500 files

for every show I record there are 5 files including the show itself.

it seems after I watch a show, and delete it from within this STV, the dirmon/comskip files stay (.d2a, .mpg.xml, .Vprj) ... so now I have a bunch of clutter/garbage left over.

Is there a way to clean up these orphaned files, or keep maintance up automatically?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

No worries about bothering me, but this is probably a better question for the comskip or dirmon threads. I use an old VB script to trigger comskip and it automatically deletes orphaned files.

That VB script isn't supported by the creator anymore which is why I'm not recommending it. It's best to stay with currently supported stuff when you're getting things started.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:50 PM
SageTVaholic

If you move on to Dirmon 2 it can clean up those files for you.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Sage User

OK I think i'm going insane here. I remember browsing the forums one day reading about KJake's DVD Burning. I remember someone made a post that went something like:
"I never got the DVD Burning to work until I _________"...
and I believe they said "installed Nero"

But for whatever reason I can't find that post again. I must have dreamt it in my sleep haha.

Would having nero installed make a difference whether the DVD Burning would work or not? Or am I really going insane?
Old 04-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Sage Icon

It shouldn't make a difference. What error are you getting? I don't remember a post like that, did you check the DVD Burning thread?
Old 04-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

One more "problem" I've noticed. I use parental controls and when I try to view a recording, the parental controls window appears but I can't read it because it has a transparent background and mixes with the screen behind it. It would be nice if it had a background itself.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for pointing that out. Should be a really easy fix.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

I went into studio and fixed it, but since it was a theme (grey theme) that is used on other items, it changed several things.

How are you coming on the upgrade?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Sage Icon

Themes can be confusing. I'm installing 5.0 tonight, so things will hopefully pickup tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there anyway to make the channel number in addition to the name of the channel show up? All I can see are the names. This is in relation to the guide.

Thanks,

Deliverer
Old 05-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Go to the setup menu then under the General section find the 'Guide Channel Style'. You have a bunch of different options there.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cool, thanks I found it. One other question regarding weather. I get the weather reports, but not the "current" status. Only the high and lows for the day. Is there some feature I need to turn on?
Old 05-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Sage Icon

No, the top item should be 'current'. Sometimes it messes up and doesn't show it. I'm planning on integrating the weather module from the standard STV which tends to be more stable. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Sage User

Great looking interface. I just have one question.

When I try to compress a file it pops up with a screen that says "load encoding profile." Is the feature just not done yet, or am I missing something?

Last edited by hydro123456; 05-30-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hey Crashless,

Just wondering if you are still planning on further enhanceing this .stv? Been a long while since any updates, and I was just curious.

-PGPfan
Old 06-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry I've been MIA. My new job has been hectic.

hydro: the compression stuff hasn't been completely setup yet, and actually I must have set the default parameter incorrectly, because it shouldn't be shown at all.

PGPfan: Yes I'm planning on enhancing this STV more, but my free time has been scarce, and I can't guarantee any release dates. I'm open to integrating other's work if they've made mods to it though, so if anyone has messed around to fix some of the bugs, please let me know.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:04 AM
Sage Icon

Get the new version, while it's hot!

I'm sorry for the hiatus I've taken for the last year, but I've found new interest in continuing this STV and have finally gotten a fairly stable, complete release. There is going to be some weird behavior, as I've started cleaning up the look and feel of the entire STV, so as a side-effect, I'm sure I've broken some things.

If you could please take the time to PM me any strange issues you come across (ie: unreadable popups, weird text rendering, unexpected behavior etc.) I would greatly appreciate it, and I will be able to address them faster.

I've incorperated EvilPenguin's DVD Burning to this release. You will need to set it up separately, then turn it on in this STV both in the External Settings Menu, and by adding the Programs Menu to your Main Menu.

Before you ask, I'm also working on getting Aperry's MovieTimes stuff working as well.

I already have a big list of things to do, but anything you guys mention will probably be moved to the top, as the things I have are minor annoyances and BIG feature requests. (Don't worry, I still have the older feature request list and am working through it as well.)

So that's it! Let me know what you think.

Version 0.6.0 Release Notes:

Features:
V6 Video Compression!
EvilPenguin's DVD Burning!
External Drive Support (like standard STV).
"Browse Media Files" option (like standard STV, go to a import menu, hit 'options' button).

UI Changes:
Added Settings Item to toggle 'Delete' in Video Library
Added "Auto-skip commercials" toggle to "Enhancements" menu
Un-Archive now available in recordings menu
Incorperated Default STV End Of File Options

Bug Fixes:
Weird delete button size issue in Stanger's Imports menu
Channel Change deny prompt displays correctly
Commercial Re-detect popup now readable
Scroll Bar in main menu now works again.
Tons of other fixes - I lost track, sorry.
Various Theme Cleaning -* I'm SURE I broke some things doing this. Please let me know what looks weird. *

Last edited by Crashless; 11-22-2006 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:04 AM
Sage Expert

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BACK
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de