SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:32 AM
Sage Expert

Quick question!

Where do you turn 'exclusive mode' on and off? I have had a quick look through the menu's and can't seem to see it anywhere.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

I haven't translated all the v3 settings over to my STV yet. I was going to wait until it was released because there's less chance of things changing. But that particular setting shouldn't change.

I'll make sure it's in the next version, but for now, you have to use the standard STV, or edit your .properties file when SageTV is shutdown.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Really love this design. I'm well chuffed

A quick novice query: I am trying to get the weather plugin to work for a location in the UK. Does anyone now if this is possible or if I can use another weather plugin? Apologies if this is obvious: I'm in my first flush of sage discovery.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Sage Icon

Not an obvious question at all, and to be completely honest, I haven't had anyone ask yet.

If you have postal code like region codes, try that. Otherwise, I need to do some research. I may need to find an international weather parser.

Please let me know your findings after trying this. Have you gotten the built-in weather from the Standard STV to work for your region?

Edit:
I'm going to look into making the standard weather options available in the version after this next one. It should simplify things for people, and increase reliability.

Last edited by Crashless; 10-26-2005 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
Not an obvious question at all, and to be completely honest, I haven't had anyone ask yet.

If you have postal code like region codes, try that. Otherwise, I need to do some research. I may need to find an international weather parser.

Please let me know your findings after trying this. Have you gotten the built-in weather from the Standard STV to work for your region?

Edit:
I'm going to look into making the standard weather options available in the version after this next one. It should simplify things for people, and increase reliability.
meekel STV: GMXX0040 (Frankfurt Germany) works fine (code from weather.com)
SageTV STV: Frankfurt / Germany works fine

cu
DIBU
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 10-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
main menu

when moving right from the main menu would it be possible for it to select the first thing in the list, instead of the last?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
when moving right from the main menu would it be possible for it to select the first thing in the list, instead of the last?
I'll take a look. Shouldn't be too hard. It's always kinda bothered me too.

This will probably be fixed in 0.5.1, 0.5 should be ready in the next week or so, with some really big new features.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I haven't translated all the v3 settings over to my STV yet. I was going to wait until it was released because there's less chance of things changing. But that particular setting shouldn't change.

I'll make sure it's in the next version, but for now, you have to use the standard STV, or edit your .properties file when SageTV is shutdown.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
No Inconvenience! Just wasn't sure if I'd managed to get to the bottom of all the menus.

I'm liking the design allot. Still a few things to sort out for me. It would be nice if you could just download ripped DVD info from the net, but that is a minor niggle!

The animation is another niggle. I'm sure that it is the nature of the animation that can/can't be done within Sage, but it seems a little abrupt when the menu 'rolls' over. can anything be done about this or, as with sageMC, is this as good as it gets.
I'd still like to see proper fades and transitions, but thats another matter I think.

Anyway, generally liking it. I'll report on more items as I use the STV more.

Cheers
Old 10-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the feedback. I agree the main menu animation could be better, no it's not 'as good as it gets' though. I just need to mess with it some more, as I'm sure it's something that I'm doing. It's really more of an experiment than anything. Eventually, I will refine it and implement it elsewhere, as well as menu transitions and background video.

But for now, I'm trying to build out features, then go back and clean things up later. 'Function over form' for now. After this next release, I'm going to make all this stuff much smoother.

I think mlbdude might be pulling info down from IMDB, so I'll take a look at what he's doing, there are a number of ways this could be enhanced.

Looking forward to more of your thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
No Inconvenience! Just wasn't sure if I'd managed to get to the bottom of all the menus.

I'm liking the design allot. Still a few things to sort out for me. It would be nice if you could just download ripped DVD info from the net, but that is a minor niggle!

The animation is another niggle. I'm sure that it is the nature of the animation that can/can't be done within Sage, but it seems a little abrupt when the menu 'rolls' over. can anything be done about this or, as with sageMC, is this as good as it gets.
I'd still like to see proper fades and transitions, but thats another matter I think.

Anyway, generally liking it. I'll report on more items as I use the STV more.

Cheers
Old 10-31-2005, 12:09 AM
Sage Icon

Another bunch of features you all seem to want.

Version 0.5.0 Release Notes:

Features:
mlbdude's External Program List ("Advanced->Configure Menu")
Malore's Custom Guide Menus! (add via Menu Customization)
-All Malore's menus can be renamed via 'options' command while in the menu
Nielm's RSS NewsReader, w/ internal viewer! (add via Menu Customization)
Enhanced Disk Space Widget (like v3 hidden feature) ("Advanced->STV Enhancements")

UI Changes:
1st Run Marking in Guide ("Advanced->STV Enhancements")
Added "Programs" and "Shortcuts" main menus.
Shortcuts menu populates with Malore's Menus automatically
See install instructions to get programs to show up

Bug Fixes:
Menu Configuration now reports correct menu being modified
Fixed all Watch Conflict popups (I think)
Added FSE Toggle to Settings Menu
Included Stanger's fix for Data Import. (fixes production year, and directors)

All users should download this file and unzip it to your "%SageTV%/" directory.

I've been full-steam ahead on features lately, and although there's still lots to add, I need to go back and clean stuff up that I've roughed in. So please email me, PM me or post any behavior that doesn't work as it should, whether it be a dialogue box with weird buttons, a screen with text that trails off, or a feature that doesn't work as advertised, I want to know about it.

Thanks so much, your feedback is what helps makes this STV what it is.

Enjoy!
Old 10-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

For those of you checking out the new RSS News reader, you can add this feed:

http://www.vinceanido.com/blog/feed/

to your list, and get Meekell updates right in SageTV!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Sage Expert

new version

Quote:
For those of you checking out the new RSS News reader, you can add this feed:

http://www.vinceanido.com/blog/feed/

to your list, and get Meekell updates right in SageTV!
GREAT

no bugs after a little quick test
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Sage Icon

Great! Good to hear.

No other feedback?

OK then, I declare this STV done!

---------------------------------------------------------------

j/k...not even close.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Great! Good to hear.

No other feedback?

OK then, I declare this STV done!

---------------------------------------------------------------

j/k...not even close.
email (header same as rss) support?

oh and an setup where i can set the menu what comes at first when i start my mvps (weather or news or so)

Last edited by DIBU; 11-01-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU

email (header same as rss) support?

oh and an setup where i can set the menu what comes at first when i start my mvps (weather or news or so)
Email might be tough, I'll take a look though, v0.6 probably if you find an easy Java project that does it, that would help speed things up.

As for the menu, you mean the ability to change what menu displays fist on the main menu? IE, instead of 'Watch TV' being selected first, have 'Media' selected first? That might be doable.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:45 AM
Sage User

Comments: Recording conflicts. Once I had sage popup I had a conflict. In another STV I could click on the red/yellow TV box and make adjustments. Now it looks like I have a recording conflict (minimized to tray red/yellow TV) but I cannot do anything about it.

2) Mouse clicks while watching a show. a) mouse click should bring up info/time bar. b) clicking on the time bar should skip to the part you click on.

3) I don't know if this is Sage or your STV, but when I click menu on my remote, it doesn't take me to the main menu. I looked at customize commands and I didn't see anything I could link "Menu" too.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

1. Try turning off Conflict Popups, it will create an additional Conflicts main menu item. I can't remember exactly where it is, but I think it's in 'Advanced->STV enhancements'.

2. I'll implement that for the next version. Mouse support has been thin because I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on it, and I don't use it myself. So the more things like this you can point out, the more I'll fix. Thanks!

3. You'll want to link the button you want to take you to the main menu to the 'Home' command in the link commands menu.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!
Old 11-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Sage User

All your fixes worked Crash! Thanks a million. One more question thats probably outside the realm of the STV maybe-- I updated the comskip.ini and comskip.exe files with a version posted on this site. Now commercial detection is set to autoenable, but I have to manually choose the show, pick other options, then pick find commercials. Very strange.

I'm using this http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=12474

the comskip variant. detects commercials MUCH faster than the comskip with sagetv.

Last edited by jasondragon; 11-02-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Sage Icon

I'm so glad things are working!

First, that setting is only relating to 'Auto-skipping' meaning that the Media Player will not play the commercial breaks, and will skip to the next show segment without user interaction. You can also manually skip to the breaks found using the left/right buttons

Now, re: comskip. I trigger my comskip externally using an old VBscript someone wrote forever ago, it's never had issues, so I don't mess with it. But if you download that comskip exe/ini from that link, put it in your SageTV directory and hit 'find commercials' it will get triggered and breaks will show up as they are found.

A quick review of the STV, and I realized that it does in fact have what looks like code to run the standard comskip stuff. This is untested though, and only proceed if you're adventurous.

Close SageTV and stop the service (if you're running it), open your sagetv.properties file and look for the keys:

background_commercial_processing_awake=false
background_commercial_processing_recording=false

set one or both to true, save the file and restart sagetv. Comskip will now be triggered by SageTV and the commercials detected will show up in the Media Player automatically. It will take a while to catch up to all your recordings (or might never depending on how fast your computer is), but it _might_ work. I'll review this code for the next release, I know toxmox has done some stuff that allows for real-time comskipping with jere_jones' SA.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Sage User

Another request: Mouse clicks everywhere. Importantly, in the guide, I'd like to mouse click through the dates if possible.