SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage locks my USBUIRT

I want to use another program to control Sage. For this scenario, lets pretend the other program is Girder (even though it is not). Now, I am currently using Sage's USBUIRT support to have Sage send out change channel IR commands to my cable box for recording shows. Now if I fire up Girder after Sage starts, Girder is unable to use the USBUIRT because Sage is using it. If I fire up Sage after Girder starts, Sage is unable to use the USBUIRT because Girder is using it. What do I need to do to allow Girder to use the USBUIRT but still change the channels on the cable box when Sage needs to?

Basically, how do I get an event to an external program that Sage needs to change the channel?

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Sage Icon

I understand that the program you are using is not girder, just fyi though: I am actually using girder and sage together and the both share access to my usbuirt perfectly fine.

It may help out if you tell us what other program you are talking about.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Basically, how do I get an event to an external program that Sage needs to change the channel?
Exetunerplugin...
http://www.sage.tv/2_papers/EXETunerPlugin.zip

Also search the forums for exetunerplugin and Girder for how to get it to work with Girder.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks guys for the responses.

The program I'm using I am developing to automate PCs for home theater. Its finally coming together and its functionality is growing quickly. Soon I may release an alpha. If anyone is interested in checking it out and giving me your thoughts, please email: misc@n4te.com

Wheemer, you have Girder and Sage both interacting with the USBUIRT without using the EXETunerPlugin? Does anyone else do this? Everytime I try to open a connection to the USBUIRT device it hangs if another program is using it first. I've emailed the USBUSIRT author (which is why I took so long to reply here) but he has not yet replied. Usually he is pretty quick so I may email him again soon. I would like to verify that it is indeed possible to open multiple connections to the USBUIRT.

Thanks for the EXETunerPlugin nielm. I will try it out, it sounds like it acheives what I need.