SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-29-2007, 04:22 AM
Sage Icon

I've finally found the need to RDP to my Sage Machine. I'm guessing 3D Accel/FSE is why I'm getting a white screen on the RDP client, and when I log back in on the Sage box. RDP has an option to run a (I assume) remote file...I was thinking of a batch file that shut down SageTV.exe (I use Service Mode)...anyone know what commands would do this? Will any of the VNCs work with 3D/FSE?

Thanks,

P
Old 03-29-2007, 04:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
I've finally found the need to RDP to my Sage Machine. I'm guessing 3D Accel/FSE is why I'm getting a white screen on the RDP client, and when I log back in on the Sage box. RDP has an option to run a (I assume) remote file...I was thinking of a batch file that shut down SageTV.exe (I use Service Mode)...anyone know what commands would do this? Will any of the VNCs work with 3D/FSE?

Thanks,

P
When I log in and get a white screen, I just send an alt-f4 and it closes sage.

B
Old 03-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Sage Icon

I always seem to think up the hard way to do stuff

P
Old 03-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

I manage my server and bedroom client using remote desktop. I create a shortcut and add a log off string. Sorry I'm not at home or I could provide the exact string(try google). I log in as the same account as Sage and do whatever I need to then log out using the shortcut. Last night I was able to launch the sage client full screen and as it was loading I clicked the log off shortcut. Once I turned on the bedroom client everything was set prefectly.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayfree View Post
I manage my server and bedroom client using remote desktop. I create a shortcut and add a log off string. Sorry I'm not at home or I could provide the exact string(try google). I log in as the same account as Sage and do whatever I need to then log out using the shortcut. Last night I was able to launch the sage client full screen and as it was loading I clicked the log off shortcut. Once I turned on the bedroom client everything was set prefectly.
Yeah, the tscon.exe with switches, got'em thanks.

P