SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

Attn: MAC users (Burning SageTV recordings on a MAC)

I'm trying to multiplex and burn DVD Standard Play mpeg's with Roast Titanium 6.1. (on 10.4.2) - "incomplete stream" is all I get.

Before I start experimenting what quality recorded with which tuner I might be able to burn - since I have to burn a few discs - is anybody burning Sage files with Toast on Tiger?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Sage Icon

So - if nobody is using Toast - what else are you using?
Old 08-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Sage Icon

For the record: I used MPEG Streamclip 1.3.1, precisely the 'Convert to Headed MPGG' function. It takes only a few minutes (literally), and it will turn the Sage file into something acceptable for Toast.

I will find out why that is.-

Last edited by flavius; 08-29-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Sage User

Quicktime

I can't even get quicktime to play back a sage recording. I have the MPEG2 decoder for quicktime installed.

I have Toast 7. I will try it out and let you know.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
I did this without a problem yesterday?

I used mpeg streamclip to edit the commercials out (by hand) then just saved the new files. Opened toast and dropped them in there and burned without a problem.

And I'm able to view the mpegs in QT 7 with the extra decoder also.

I wasn't however able to use final cut to edit the mpegs
Old 09-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Sage Icon

Did you ever try to burn an mpeg without editing? What's your toast version? What's your recording quality for those files?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
I'm running Toast Titanium 6.0.9
Recorded in DVD Long Play with Sage 3.0.7 Beta

I havn't burned without editing, but when I just added a source file (no edits) into toast it recognized it without errors.

When does your version error out?
Old 09-18-2005, 01:59 AM
Sage Icon

Here it's Toast 6.11. Almost all of my recordings with Sage 2.2.8 are DVD standard quality - Toast complains at the end of multipexing about some "incomplete stream". I use Streamclip to convert the recording to a headed mpeg - then I can do whatever I want. According to the Streamclip helpfile - this is caused by some unsupported frame size. Well.

There are also audio issues. I bought Quicktime 7 Pro in order to get more flexibility - but as of today I haven't been able come up with a process that would successfully involve Quicktime. Right now I'm using Streamclip to do all the conversions.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

YEa I played around with Quicktime Pro and such but no dice. I was hoping to use Final Cut to edit the commercials, but for now I just use streamclip.

I'm really waiting on the create DVD thing to be a bit more mature and tied into some of the other STV's (like SageMC 16x9). Then I'll be able to burn quickly from my sage box directly (and without commercials).