SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Sage Expert

Channels Disappeared

Can't say that I have changed anything and I want to say it was working fine. But I watched a show, and when I went back to the main menu, I found that I had no upcoming recordings. Tried to go the guide and no channels showed up. Tried to remove my source and reinstall it but when i went to the channel lineup after selecting the correct one, I got no channels. All of my recordings seem to be in order. Any ideas? Any fixes?

Also, as far as i can tell, there was a channel update that occured while I was watching the show. This seems like a really really big problem just to have happened during a channel update but is it possible that some big in the epg update caused not only all of my existing channel listings to be lost but also all the channels as well?

Last edited by abasu2003; 09-16-2005 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Sage Expert

I figured it out. The originally had two channel lineups for baltimore, one was called Comcast Baltimore, the other was Comcast Baltimore Rebuild. Well, apparantly they discontinued Comcast Baltimore and they switched the name of my lineup to Comcast Baltimore. So I guess when Sage tried to do an EPG update, it couldnt' find the channel lineup.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Sage User

same problem here

Looks like they deleted a channel lineup, but it still shows up in the menu
Old 09-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Sage Expert

That happened to me a while back as well. I was the one that reported the issues to Tribune and got it fixed, but it still killed my guide till I changed things.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Sage User

thanks abasu, you kept me from banging my head against the wall all night trying to fix sage. i wish comcast would stop playing with the channel lineups around here.