SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-04-2003, 12:23 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to bling_bling_vr6 Send a message via Yahoo to bling_bling_vr6
Unhappy Importing shows after corrupt wiz.bin file.

I've looked through the articles and found that some people have been able to import shows previously recorded to the video library via some import mechanism (folder). I cannot seem to find the folder or part in the Sage.properties file where such a path would be specified...what am I missing??? I have around 30GB or shows in my errant folder that I'd like make available through the menu somehow so my girlfriend (not computer enabled) can watch them.

Also, ever since I've re-created my new wiz.bin file watching shows seems a bit choppy and the pc seems to be using more resources than before. Judging from the articles I found in this forum this may be related to having a lot of junk in the errant folder, so maybe it'll go away when I empty it...but if anyone has any ideas on what may be happening I'd surely appreciate any suggestions. I love showing off my SageTV box to people that come over, but when its choppy I can't claim bragging rights over TIVO anymore .

Thanks in advance for you input and help.

Bling.

0 rows returned
Old 08-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

You can specify library import directories on the general tab in detailed setup. I had choppy video when I first setup my system, but that was because my second harddrive wasn't using DMA access so it was too slow to watch and record video at the same time. Fresh Diagnose has a harddrive benchmark, if you want to verify it is not a harddrive problem.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to bling_bling_vr6 Send a message via Yahoo to bling_bling_vr6
Thanks, for the info on the import directory path. I'll check my hard drive with the diagnostics tonite.

0 rows returned
Old 08-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

bling_bling_vr6, you can either move the files into the libary, or just make the errant folder only of the library paths. The real drag of a wiz corruption is that all the show info is lost. Jeff has stated the the upcomming sage studio will allow for editing the show info, so that might me a way to get some infomation about the show in.

BTW: Jeff if you are reading this. Might there be a way to query zap2it and pull the show info into sage since the show id is still avalable in the file name?