SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

new PVR issues

OK well I have set up my PVR . I am using a via mini itx 1000 board with a wintv 250. I have it setup to a tv. Before going into anything I like to say this seems to be a great product and that I am sure as new realeses come out, It will be an even a greater product. Some of the issues I am haveing are.

Color not the greatest on tv. monitor fine but trying not to use one. Im sure it is a computer issue.

Screen saver keeps poping up can get out by using remote but mute stays on. must use mouse to unlock mute in sound recorder

Direct tv menu and sagetv menu overlap when changing channels. need to look on how to remove sagetv menu, I sure there is somewhere in detail properties to do this.

Switch on live tv this morning and program was running in slow motion. I had no time to check this out yet.

Tv screen not clear when using sagetv guide. need to increase guide font size. Not sure if this can be done.

Sometimes the remote seems to be frozen, I exit out of sagetv and and start up sagetv and it seems to work fine. need to fine out the isssue with this.

I am trying to make this a stand alone machine for recording movies. My ending outcome is to be able to just use a remote and not have a keyboard or mouse connected. I want it to be more like a replay or tivo. At this point I dont feel that this program could be used without any of these items.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

The color should be a hardware issue. How does the color look for displaying Windows in general? I had to change a setting on my GForce 4 MX to tell it the output was S-Video. Before I did that the color was very washed out.

Is the screen save the SageTV screen saver or Windows? From what I've read "Today's monitors are not prone to phosphorus burn in and you couldn't burn in an image of your screen if you wanted to." Normally I use the power saving options to just turn of the monitor, but that also kills the TV out on my card so I disabled that as well.

Here are two settings that can be changed in the Sage.properties file.
ui/dfont_adjust - amount to adjust the font sizes by in the UI
ui/dfont_name - font name to use in SageTV

If you haven't already, you might try experimenting with different screen resolutions to see which looks best.

Just read this by pbarrette
"SageTV should disable both the Screen saver and power managment."

SageTV already has an option for this, but it's hidden in the Sage.properties file with no GUI control:
ui/disable_screen_saver_and_pm=true
screen_saver_wait_time=1200000

The first line will disable your Windows screen saver and power management settings, while the second line tells the SageTV screen saver to come on after 20 minutes of inactivity.

Last edited by malore; 08-04-2003 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Todays Monitors do have the Degaussing feature in them however most TV's still do not so if you're outputing to TV then you should still use the screensaver feature or make sure to turn off the set.
AMD athlon64X2 3800+, Foxconn (Winfast 6150K8MA-8EKRS) 6150, Windows Vista Ultimate, Geforce FX EVGA 7800gt CO, 1gig 400mhz ddr Ram, 500 gig Western Digital Sata 2 hard drive 8 meg cache, Tuners: Wintv PVR 500 dual tuner, Fusion3 GoldT, NEC 3540a dvd+rw, Sagetv 5.0 Dell 20.1" 2005FPW