SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Sage User

DVD video pauses every 5 minutes

Here's a curious new one. Watching a DVD, the video will freeze up after 5 minutes. Audio continues, but the video is entirely paused. I can hit stop, start the DVD again, skip to where I was, and it'll go.... for another 5 minutes. Then repeat. It is always just over 5 minutes. Between 5 minutes and 5 min, 10 sec of play time, I'll get the pause. Different disks, problem still occurs.

I've gone through and tried every combination of video renderer and filter, as well as audio settings. Each still has the problem.

EDIT: Scratch that. It's ANY playback.. Just did it on live TV. This is a wonderful new problem that just started today. Installed Win DVD 4 to get the renderer... I'll see if that's the problem.

*sigh* Full day wasted trying to get this working.

EDIT 2: Uninstalling WinDVD seems to have fixed it. Now I'm back to square one: No renderer to play retail DVD's. Is there a free renderer I can install to get me back up and running? My DVD burner came with PowerDVD, but for the life of me I can't find the CD key for it in any of the papers that came with. :|
1.0 TB of television storage goodness
Hauppage PVR-250 + PVR-150

Last edited by Mortanis; 10-16-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

http://www.dscaler.org/dscaler5.htm

http://www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_decoder.html