SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Sage User

Items Recorded not as they appear

Has anyone else run across problems with the titles being wrong for shows?

For example, I had two Malcolm in the Middle episodes. Went ahead and marked 1 as watched and deleted because I had already seen it. The second one looked interesting, so I left it.

Unfortunately the content behind the title must have been switched because the second one has the title of the "new" episode, but the content is that of the one I thought was deleted...

Does this make any sense? I have seen this happen before, but thought nothing of it until now... Not really sure if this is a recoding issue with back to back recordings, a title display issue or the episodes are just reported wrong on the TV guide...
Old 10-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Usually, this is the result of the EPG data being wrong & the actual airings not matching what the guide data said was going to be aired. SageTV names the files and displays airing details according to what the guide data says.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Sage User

Makes sense. =)

I'll try to pay more attention to the Recorded timestamp to see if the title lines up with the Info in the Guide. I would assume the imported guide data isn't correct 100% of the time as I tried recording a soccer match, but instead got 2 hours of poker tournaments... heh

These occurances seem to happen about once a week, and with the number of shows I record (7/day), not a big deal.

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

Something similar happened to me a few weeks ago. It was during the premiers of some of the new season. They had 2 shows listed that got pre-empted and the guide didn't update to reflect that the next weeks descriptions should have been the "missed" episodes instead of episode 2 of the season.
Luckily because I see so many guides (Sage, ReplayTV, MyTVInfo) I noticed the mixup.

Also, I must admit that Sage's EPG got the changes first out of those 3, even though it was only a day or two before that 2nd week.

BTW, my favorite new show of the season is "My Name is Earl".
Old 10-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is Malcolm in the Middle still on Sunday nights? If so, Football could have run long causing the record times to be off.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Sage User

Malcolm is on 2-3 times a day throughout the week (Next to the Simpsons). I am pretty sure these two recording mishaps happened sometime Monday evening (10/17).

Thanks!
Jonathan
Old 10-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger90
Malcolm is on 2-3 times a day throughout the week (Next to the Simpsons). I am pretty sure these two recording mishaps happened sometime Monday evening (10/17).
Oh, I thought you meant the first run episodes which used to be on Sunday nights. I would not be surprised if the data for re-runs is not 100% accurate.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFranch
Is Malcolm in the Middle still on Sunday nights? If so, Football could have run long causing the record times to be off.
They moved the first runs to later in the week, wed/thurs?
Old 10-19-2005, 06:03 PM
SageTVaholic

I've seen a couple of incorrectly labeled shows since the latest software update. I'll keep a close eye on this, but I have a gut feeling this is just messed up programming info sent by zap2it.

***RIP SageTV***