SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Sage User

Audio Problem

I have a strange problem with my audio and I haven't seen anything posted quite like it (which of course worries me...).

New Sage User here and I am enjoying the software immensely. The setup can be a little of a climb (Hardware, software, encoders...etc....etc but totally worth it!)

Anyways, I am having a problem with some of my audio. Currently I only have Sage setup on my PC without it being hooked up to my Home entertainment system...

Everything works great (including the hauppauge remote control - 150) and I set up the zap2it stuff (Canadian user, Works Great!).

I can get video from every channel that I surf to, but not audio. The audio comes through perfectly for about half of my channels and nothing for the other half. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for it.

This is currently just setup through analog cable into my hauppauge 150 card. I have the audio coming out of my pc speakers from the output on the motherboard. Video currently just goes to my monitor.

Any ideas on the audio? I'm sure it is some stupid setting somewhere, but I have no idea where to look. I wish I could leave a more detailed message,b ut I'm at work right now and can't remember much more. Has anyone else seen this?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
We need a little more info about your wiring and input on the 150.
Check your cables. Are you using RF input, or Svideo and L,R audio input? What do all your volume sliders in windows say?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Sage User

Audio Problems

Thanks for the quick reply Mikejaner....

I am using RF into the Hauppauge card and I'm not sure what the volume sliders are in windows.

Would this make a difference since I get audio on some channels? It's not like it's there sometimes and not others. It just isn't there for some channels at all, and others are just fine.

I really don't understand it. At first I thought it might be that some channels send sound differently (AC3, Dolby etc...). But I'm not sure.

I am pretty good with computers but I'm not much of an A/V person.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Very weird indeed. If your using and NTSC tuner, nothing should be more than two channel analog audio, so I wouldn't imagine AC3 would come into the picture. You have me stumped.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Is this a fine tuning issue? I've never dealt with that, but it seems similar to what I remember people mentioning in the past -- perhaps try searching for 'fine tuning' , 'frequency fine tuning', or some such terms.

Anyone reading this who knows about fine tuning?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Sage User

Fine Tuning

Thanks Opus. I'll check it out. As usual you have a good lead (if not the answer outright). I'll let you know what I find.